Signal Mtn vs South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

In my opinion here is how this game breaks down:

Defense-Sp has the edge

Offense- Push

Special teams- (Kick and punt return Sp has the edge...punts and kickoffs signal has the edge)

QB- Signal

RB- SP

WR-SP

Coach-? Guess we will find out Friday night!

Great game and very large crowd to be expected...railbirds will be in rare form I am sure.

I wouldnt be so quick to give SP more of the edges. Signal Mountain did get some transfers somehow. :D Seriouly though I would say push at best on everything but QB for Signal RB for SP. Also we might not have a good fieldgoal kicker, but Travis can boot those punts. Coach has to go to Grider.

Edited by NoCompetition2

finaly someone who is honest i think everyone would like to get a little home cooking from the refs they just dont want to say it...and i think in all honesty that most of the time the home team does get a few extra calls but thats part of the game. i just hope there isnt to much home cooking going on

Now the truth comes out, you just said in the Seq thread all calls were legate now your saying home cooking happens most of the time. Need not be worried SP since you are that munch better than Sequatchie you will beat SM by 18.

49-27 SP, unless Signal can vastly shore up their run defense in one week Pirates may hit 500 yards on the ground.

Interesting read...thanks Indian. I know you've seen both teams this year so thanks for the unbiased opinion. I just hope we come out early and play hard. We need to get up on them and maintain a lead throughout the game. Friday night at the Pitt will be one of the loudest in a long time. Everyone make plans to be there early and get the boys pumped up!!

Signal reminds me to Texas Tech during the Mike Leach era...High flying flashy offense that scores a ton of points but they also give up some points....Pass defense really scares me...All I can say is Mr. Hogan better eat his vitamins and say his prayers and Hulk up cause he is going to get blitzed and hit from every angle...Because that is the only way at all we can slow Signal's high powered offense down

Old Pirate jest has breakfast with another old pirate who saw the game last nite at the stable and............the Pirates got whipped in the OL most of the 1st half and if not for big plays interceptions and etc the game was close. The Pirates were repeatedly held intack. Fellers Cascade ain't no Signal. OP has already warned folkes this Pirate team ain't good enough to jest coast around. Goin to be some SP folkes walking around shaking ther heads a wondering if the Pirates don't git the heads in the rite place. OP says best they take a gut check and realize they are beatable.

PowerP, OP was jest wondering when you have seen SM play. You seem to know a lot about them. OP saw them last nite and saw several SP fans there. Course OP sat with the fine SM folkes and listened to them chatter about whipping the Pirates next week. Fellers this will.......be.... a fight and not for the fant hearted. :popcorneater:

Signal reminds me to Texas Tech during the Mike Leach era...High flying flashy offense that scores a ton of points but they also give up some points....Pass defense really scares me...All I can say is Mr. Hogan better eat his vitamins and say his prayers and Hulk up cause he is going to get blitzed and hit from every angle...Because that is the only way at all we can slow Signal's high powered offense down

Powerp just a bit of information last night SQ scored 7 points that was the first touchdown given up by our starting D this year. The starters gave up 3 points to EH too just so the record is straight. Now I do look for SP to score as they will be the best team we have faced by far. Our offense does bend a little, but the closer you get to the goal line the tougher our guys get.

Just so you know I’m not blowing smoke here are the scores.

SM 42 Hixson 7 scored in 4th qtr against subs

SM 48 EH 10 EH scored 3 on opening drive 7 scored in 4th against subs

SM 49 LV 7 not sure if lv scored in 3rd or 4th but subs were in after half time.

SM 42 SQ 7 first points given up by starters in the 4th qtr

I know SP could post more impressive numbers than these but you made the statement that we give up some points. I will take giving up an average of 8 points a game while scoring an average of 45.

Well I Figure It's Time To Attend A South Pitt Game. And This One Should Be A Good One. Hey Living Legend, I Will Be Around To Sign Your Autograph Book. And I Will Hand Out Personal Autographs To You And Your Entourage, I'm Sure Meeting Someone Of My Caliber Will Be The Highlight Of Your Existence. So Try And Contain Yourself. Someone Has Said Your A Stage Performer With The Chick Morgana? Any Truth To That? :twisted:

After the last two home games SP has had I would say that you wont have to worry about any home cooking by the refs. I dont know if they felt sorry for the last two teams or they were serious, but some very bad calls against SP have been made more than they should be at home this season. As for the game it will be either a shootout or Signal will win big. Yeah I said it. Most SP fans think its impossible for SP to lose, but it happens. Signal kind of reminds me of Temple in 2007. Everyone in SP thought we would blow them out. Wow saying we was wrong is a understatement. I know what you will say...this SP team is better then the one in 2007. Well that probably is true, and we will find out for sure Friday night. Either way one team is going to be able to say at the end of the game that there is no competition! Im really afraid that the team I want to be saying that will not be able to this Friday night.

I think you ment to say 2006 that is when SP got ran over by Temple and if I remember right didnt temple get in trouble and have some state championships taken away from them for having "Transfers" that didnt have to pay. But that being said they still beat us when we throught we couldnt get beat. In 2007 we didnt lose a game and that was byfar the best team we have had in a while if not the best. And just so everyone knows there was NO COMPETITION in 2007. :roflol:

Old Pirate jest has breakfast with another old pirate who saw the game last nite at the stable and............the Pirates got whipped in the OL most of the 1st half and if not for big plays interceptions and etc the game was close. The Pirates were repeatedly held intack. Fellers Cascade ain't no Signal. OP has already warned folkes this Pirate team ain't good enough to jest coast around. Goin to be some SP folkes walking around shaking ther heads a wondering if the Pirates don't git the heads in the rite place. OP says best they take a gut check and realize they are beatable.

PowerP, OP was jest wondering when you have seen SM play. You seem to know a lot about them. OP saw them last nite and saw several SP fans there. Course OP sat with the fine SM folkes and listened to them chatter about whipping the Pirates next week. Fellers this will.......be.... a fight and not for the fant hearted. :popcorneater:

Have some friends from the Red Bank area who are Signal fans who have seen every game they have played this year..Yea, I know that does not make sense..maybe they got recruited as well haha could not resist...This game will be really close..No mercy rule this week for either team....down to the wire is my guess! Signal is just too good from what I hear

South Pittsburg is tough at home, but Baylor North has a great collection of talent this season. SP isnt a bad team at all, but not quite sure if we are ready for what Baylor North will unleash on us. Baylor North is everyone's pick to win the district as well as the 2A state championship. I am pulling for the pirates to win as always, but don't be surprised if Baylor North comes to our place and gets a W. They are just really strong, fast and physical. I don't know if anyone can compete with them in 1A or 2A.

Powerp just a bit of information last night SQ scored 7 points that was the first touchdown given up by our starting D this year. The starters gave up 3 points to EH too just so the record is straight. Now I do look for SP to score as they will be the best team we have faced by far. Our offense does bend a little, but the closer you get to the goal line the tougher our guys get.

Just so you know I’m not blowing smoke here are the scores.

SM 42 Hixson 7 scored in 4th qtr against subs

SM 48 EH 10 EH scored 3 on opening drive 7 scored in 4th against subs

SM 49 LV 7 not sure if lv scored in 3rd or 4th but subs were in after half time.

SM 42 SQ 7 first points given up by starters in the 4th qtr

I know SP could post more impressive numbers than these but you made the statement that we give up some points. I will take giving up an average of 8 points a game while scoring an average of 45.

You are leaving out the TD that was called back last night because of a pentality after the player had caught the ball. We should have scored in the first half inside the 5 and didn't, SP will. Two more times our WR was wide open by 20 yards and over threw him and didn't see the other. Believe me SP you my not think you can handle them, but i'm sure Coach Barger will give you the film and you will see for yor self.

SP-45

Sm-35