Signal Mtn vs South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

I must agree with the other posters on here. This was a really good game between two great teams. Baylor North came out with the win and that's the bottom line. The Dorm Dwellers down here in South Pittsburg fought hard, but made too many mistakes at crucial times. Congratulations to Baylor North on a very well played game. Trousdale County is still the man in 2A, but Baylor North will definitely provide you some competition. That number 3 for Baylor North is nothing short of a phenom. That kid is GOOD! South Pittsburg played hard and did ALOT of things well and some bad in this game. I must agree with pirate2003 about the defense. I saw several boys playing ALOT more than I typically remember

seeing them play on defense. I'm no expert, but I also thought they ran alot of 4 man

defensive line in this game. Both offenses exposed weaknesses on the defenses. Again

congratulations to Baylor North on the win, but the SP boys should have nothing to hang

their heads about in this one. Regroup and get ready for the next one

TrainTracks agrees with most of this post...Three for Signal was difference in the ballgame plain and simple....Must be nice to have the best transfer in the Chattanooga area uproot his family and move to Signal before his Sr year...Wish we had guys that did that...Lol maybe Lodge factory isn't as appealing as it used to be...Signal mtn is the truth though...I said it was going to be really hard to beat them as they are a monster...Best two teams in Chattanooga area played this past Friday and it could have went either way...Millard proved his worth on a big stage and it will help his confidence...Too many dropped balls by our wrs or his numbers would have been even better.....Terrible Terrible call and unexcusible at end of game on the stripped ball...He was clearly down but it is what it is....TrainTracks will bet anyone on here through private message SM wins it all this year....TC WILL get TRAINTRACKED by them!! Eagles have personnel of a 5A school and will walk over the rest of competition the rest of the year....Any takers??? Feel free to place the beat...Sp will regroup after a fine performance but D needs to get better up front and the safety position is in dire need of help...Can someone tell me why 5 wasn't dressed? He had turned my head early on but was out for some reason...Hope it's nothing serious I think he coulda helped if him and 7 had switched it up some...Those inexperienced db's got lit up and while we won't see another team of that caliber we still gotta improve....One of best atmospheres ever at Beene Stadium...Phenominal game to experience just came up a few plays short....Good luck eagles hopefully we can put on both of our well oiled trains in cookeville in Dec

Edited by TrainTracks99

"Can someone tell me why 5 wasn't dressed? He had turned my head early on but was out for some reason...Hope it's nothing serious I think he coulda helped if him and 7 had switched it up some"

Jake (#5) tore his ACL in the Cascade game and is out for the season. He is sch for surgery on Wed. I talked to him on the sidelines and he is sick about missing that game and the rest of the season. He is a real competitor and will be missed

"Can someone tell me why 5 wasn't dressed? He had turned my head early on but was out for some reason...Hope it's nothing serious I think he coulda helped if him and 7 had switched it up some"

Jake (#5) tore his ACL in the Cascade game and is out for the season. He is sch for surgery on Wed. I talked to him on the sidelines and he is sick about missing that game and the rest of the season. He is a real competitor and will be missed

sorry to hear about jake, I hope for a speedy recovery.

First off I want to say that we wouldnt have won. They would have drove it right back down the field like it wasnt nothing to win the game. Secondly, Travis didnt do anything that impressive. He made some good throws, but he basically handed the ball off most of the game. Lastly, if Signal had any defenders that were half way decent then all they would have to do is read our QBs eyes because he definately stares down his target. Every pass play it was designed to one receiver. If you are running a spread then you should always have a 2nd and 3rd option. I know im not the only one that seen that. Travis should be in a Wing T, and thats my opinion. Everybody has one.

That tells me how little you know about football. Some of our plays (quick outs, hitches, hitch and go, slant, pass to TE across the middle, etc) are designed with one receiver with no progression. The rest require Travis to read either the safety, CB or OLB depending on the route and defensive coverage. We only ran 3 pass plays requiring a read and he read them perfectly. We have almost no pass plays where we have multiple progressions...read the safety, etc and pick one of 2 receivers. We are running basically the same pass plays we ran last year with Terrell

Man I hadn't heard that...TrainTracks played with his Uncle during our glory days...Tough break for a tough kid...I'm sure he will bounce back for next year...What's supposedly the recovery time for such a injury??? Maybe since he is out for ball and baseball he can get back in time for summer workouts if he rehabs well...We gotta keep Travis healthy the rest of the way out...Hope we are ready this weekend because I hear good things about Central...TrainTracks says hopefully this past game is just a hiccup in the road

He should be at full speed for baseball and spring football. Freshman Lankford will probably be working at #2 QB

If this is the case and not 15 then we better pray we go injury free cause we can't rely on a freshman as far as state title hopes go! TrainTracks says Lankford will be special though and honestly think he will be our MAN next year at RB if he keeps progressing

Man I hadn't heard that...TrainTracks played with his Uncle during our glory days...Tough break for a tough kid...I'm sure he will bounce back for next year...What's supposedly the recovery time for such a injury??? Maybe since he is out for ball and baseball he can get back in time for summer workouts if he rehabs well...We gotta keep Travis healthy the rest of the way out...Hope we are ready this weekend because I hear good things about Central...TrainTracks says hopefully this past game is just a hiccup in the road

We kept it kinda quiet this week. 6 months +/- for full recovery is typical. Central will definitely be a challenge after an emotional game like we had Fri night. Just have to put it behind us and step it up

If this is the case and not 15 then we better pray we go injury free cause we can't rely on a freshman as far as state title hopes go! TrainTracks says Lankford will be special though and honestly think he will be our MAN next year at RB if he keeps progressing

#15 has been getting some time at QB and will continue to do so but he also works at wide out. Travis is pretty tough and we need Lankford for QB in JV games as much as anything. Next year he may be the #2 QB behind Jake. Options are limited. He will be fine and he is a good athlete...just young and inexperienced

#15 has been getting some time at QB and will continue to do so but he also works at wide out. Travis is pretty tough and we need Lankford for QB in JV games as much as anything. Next year he may be the #2 QB behind Jake. Options are limited. He will be fine and he is a good athlete...just young and inexperienced

PEPSI 5000 MET BUTCHIE, BOSS BRO, AND SEVEN FRIDAY NIGHT.GOOD LUCK PIRATES THE REST OF THE YEAR.SIGNAL JUST IS PLAIN SICK TO BEAT A SMALL 1A SCHOOL AND ACT LIKE THEY JUST BEAT ALABAMA.NO CLASS TO SIGNAL OR THERE COACH FOR THERE SCHEDULE OR THERE TRANSFERS ,ENOUGH SAID FOR SIGNAL

Biggest win in school history...We wouldve done the same thing if shoe was on other foot...They have a great squad and deserved to beat us....From what I was told SM had never ran there power formation before so I'm sure we wasn't prepared for that and that showed...It was a great game though and I have no doubt that we witnessed the 1A and 2A State Champions Friday night unless either gets upset which would be Huge and very unlikely....We just gotta continue to get better and take one game at a time... these two teams talent wise are tops in Chattanooga Area....

Biggest win in school history...We wouldve done the same thing if shoe was on other foot...They have a great squad and deserved to beat us....From what I was told SM had never ran there power formation before so I'm sure we wasn't prepared for that and that showed...It was a great game though and I have no doubt that we witnessed the 1A and 2A State Champions Friday night unless either gets upset which would be Huge and very unlikely....We just gotta continue to get better and take one game at a time... these two teams talent wise are tops in Chattanooga Area....

After what Polk County and U.C. did last year playing power football against the Pirates, the coaches should expect all good teams to do that. I have a suspicion that Central is going to not dress out the punter Friday night and try that 3.5 yards and a cloud of dust strategy.