Oakland v. Riverdale

MidTennFootball

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this storied rivalry game?

• Oakland
    • Riverdale

Riverdale is young, slow, weak, and skinny.

Oakland's players are all huge, fast, and powerful. Most have full beards and a few are even showing a touch of gray around the temples. Heard their birth certificates were on file right beside President Obama's. ;)

All kidding aside, Oakland goes in with a pretty big advantage as far as age and experience. Interestingly, that advantage is not as big on the LOS as it is in the skill positions. Not sure what that will means but I think the battle in the trenches 'could' be less one-sided than some think.

Oakland has the advantage in special teams.

Both teams seem a little hit or miss in the passing game. That passing game could well be needed if the run defenses show up.

Oakland has been very consistent on defense where Riverdale showed some real weaknesses against LC.

First team to 15 wins this game.

well of course i voted for RIVERDALE...i am just glad that oakland will allow us to play them at our place. I mean we are we even playing this game they could just give the win to oakland but they are at least gonna let us poor RIVERDALE WARRIORS play them I just hope they dont embarras us

Not quite sure I follow this post...but OHS wins 21-10

Edited by randymc

Going to be a game of who has the most depth with experience. Oakland is hurting from losing one of its best linemen with a broken leg from Thursday night. Have to give Oakland the advantage in its defensive secondary. They bent but did not break against a very good passer from Brentwood. If he had a decent O-line he would be really dangerous.

Honestly I got this one as a flip a coin as apparently Coach A has learned from last year that PASSING is not a bad thing. If we have to play catch up and HAVE to pass it could come back to bite us though.

Only really down side for me is NO Oakland hotdog to go with it.

The game that everybody wants to see is finally here. Who wins and why?

Two great programs and i'm sure this will be a war. This is a tough region, one i'm glad my Indians are not in. I hope we get to see one of you two in the playoffs because i like to play the best, and you guys usually are. Good luck to both sides. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!

The game that everybody wants to see is finally here. Who wins and why?

I think the edge goes to Riverdale. Oakland will have trouble with getting ready to play after that Brentwood thriller. It's at Riverdale and I think Riverdales offense will keep that big, fast Oakland defense on the field long enough to wear them down.

I may be wrong though, I am the village idiot. :rolleyes:

I think the edge goes to Riverdale. Oakland will have trouble with getting ready to play after that Brentwood thriller. It's at Riverdale and I think Riverdales offense will keep that big, fast Oakland defense on the field long enough to wear them down.

I may be wrong though, I am the village idiot. :rolleyes:

Having trouble getting ready to play? Are you kidding me? ITS RIVERDALE. Coach Mac doesnt have to say anything, the kids know what this game means. Obviously you havent seen the Oakland defense this year; Yes we are fast, but not big at all. I think facing Brentwood helps Oakland get prepared for the Warriors. Riverdale maybe be able to throw, but certainly not as well as what Brentwood can do. Ill wait till later in the week to make a pick on this game

Little Napolean (i.e. Tommy McDaniel) can't stand that Riverdale beat Oakland twice last year! He said so on his radio show this past Saturday! Coach A and Bobby Well's Defense has his number and he is embarrassed, mad, confused, because his ego has taken a serious hit. News bulletin: Friday night Riverdale will make it three in a row. The wing T will confuse this unbeatable D of Oakland! Riverdale 17 Oakland 14

Little Napolean (i.e. Tommy McDaniel) can't stand that Riverdale beat Oakland twice last year! He said so on his radio show this past Saturday! Coach A and Bobby Well's Defense has his number and he is embarrassed, mad, confused, because his ego has taken a serious hit. News bulletin: Friday night Riverdale will make it three in a row. The wing T will confuse this unbeatable D of Oakland! Riverdale 17 Oakland 14

He had our number last year. But Oakland's offense has improved exponentially in the past year. I would feel just as comfortable throwing the ball with Christian Adams as I would running the ball with T Mayberry, Khalil Newman, or Dre Frasier. Embarassed and mad, maybe, but confused Oakland wont be. I love that it puts a fire into Thomas, because that filters all the way down, for too long Oakland was brought down by complacency and mediocrity, and finally this rivalry has been restored to its former glory.

We have a coaching staff that takes this game personally and I love it. I love how you guys instandtly assume that its some kind of ego-driven deal with him; the man flat out wants to win in every conceivable phase of the game, and if the haters construe that as being a ego-maniac, then I welcome it, Call him what you want, but ill stand by this coaching staff in every conceivable aspect as long as they are at Oakland

Edited by OaklandPatriots