Oakland v. Riverdale

MidTennFootball

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this storied rivalry game?

• Oakland
    • Riverdale

Little Napolean (i.e. Tommy McDaniel) can't stand that Riverdale beat Oakland twice last year! He said so on his radio show this past Saturday! Coach A and Bobby Well's Defense has his number and he is embarrassed, mad, confused, because his ego has taken a serious hit. News bulletin: Friday night Riverdale will make it three in a row. The wing T will confuse this unbeatable D of Oakland! Riverdale 17 Oakland 14

Are you joking? McDaniel is a winner. Just because he has a passion for the game this makes him Napoleon? I will tell you one thing. He cares enough about his kids that he keeps up with them no matter what sport they are involved. How many basketball games have you seen Aydelott attend. He is a joke!

Edited by truthandjustice

As I see it the game should come down to two things. Can Riverdale make the adjustments to tighten up there pass defense as most of the yards they have given up this year have been via the pass. They have done a great job stopping the run. And the turnover game. Who can keep from putting the ball on the ground. Home field advantage has something to say. I see the Warriors in a close one. 21-14

Oakland wins going away. McDaniel is a winner who will play anyone, anywhere, evidenced by their 20-0 throttling of EHS and all their five-star players in week 0. Too bad Adeylott won't play those games. Might be helpful as he preps for Oakland and Smyrna.

Can't wait for the "Rutherford County Championship" (which might be the de facto state championship) between Smyrna and Oakland. Have to love those two elite championship programs and their willingness to put D2 teams on the schedule for some great football games.

Oakland 28, Riverdale 7.

GO OAKLAND PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!

Edited by big red big blue

This game scares me. Our coaches want this one so much that they get real emotional even talking about it. Their actions set the tone on the field and I am hoping they can keep it calm and cool on the sidelines. If they don't, we will lose because the players will panic and we lose the mental edge. If they do, we will win. We have the talent, experience, and the drive to win this one. No doubt. Go Oakland!

I have all the confidence in the world that we take this one.

Edited by 2priceless

This game scares me. Our coaches want this one so much that they get real emotional even talking about it. Their actions set the tone on the field and I am hoping they can keep it calm and cool on the sidelines. If they don't, we will lose because the players will panic and we lose the mental edge. If they do, we will win. We have the talent, experience, and the drive to win this one. No doubt. Go Oakland!

I have all the confidence in the world that we take this one.

In this game, calm and cool are replaced by intensity and calamity. I love the fact the coaches get emotional about this game. We are led by 30+ seniors. Panic is not something they do.