Oakland v. Riverdale

MidTennFootball

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this storied rivalry game?

• Oakland
    • Riverdale

Undefeated Riverdale vs Undefeated Oakland.....when is the last time this happened? Anybody know?

I'm going with Oakland by a slim margin....13-10

Ive been around this Rivalry a while, and I certainly dont remember a time where both teams were unbeaten, closest I can think of is 2008 when Riverdale was 8-0 and Oakland was 7-1; Riverdale won that game 31-28 I believe

Ive been around this Rivalry a while, and I certainly dont remember a time where both teams were unbeaten, closest I can think of is 2008 when Riverdale was 8-0 and Oakland was 7-1; Riverdale won that game 31-28 I believe

I can't remember if Oakland was undefeated in 1998 going into the regular season game....they might have been or had 1 loss

I do remember Rankin running for his car after the Pats beat them in the playoffs that year though..lol...that was a sight to see!!!!!

I can't remember if Oakland was undefeated in 1998 going into the regular season game....they might have been or had 1 loss

I do remember Rankin running for his car after the Pats beat them in the playoffs that year though..lol...that was a sight to see!!!!!

Oakland has lost at Henry Co. 25-13 to start the season, then reeled off 7 straight prior to that game. Your right about that game in the playoffs, it was indeed something to behold

as far as both teams being undefeated when we played you gotta keep in mind this game was usually the last game of the year we would play LC every year and oakland played gallatin every year and those were 2 very tough teams back in the day...so both of being undefeated in the 4th game of the year to me doesnt seem as far fetched...now i know we have played for district or region titles many times

I would also like to bring up the records of head to head again a whopping 30 wins to 10 no that is DOMINATION!!!!!

GO WARRIORS

as far as both teams being undefeated when we played you gotta keep in mind this game was usually the last game of the year we would play LC every year and oakland played gallatin every year and those were 2 very tough teams back in the day...so both of being undefeated in the 4th game of the year to me doesnt seem as far fetched...now i know we have played for district or region titles many times

I would also like to bring up the records of head to head again a whopping 30 wins to 10 no that is DOMINATION!!!!!

GO WARRIORS

Thats in the past. With the current culture, this rivalry will start to even out as the years go on, I hope you guys enjoyed it while it lasted.........

Thats in the past. With the current culture, this rivalry will start to even out as the years go on, I hope you guys enjoyed it while it lasted.........

I would agree....in the past the game was over before it started because everybody "feared the spear"

I don't see that being the case anymore....Oakland coaches have done a great job of changing that mindset, and Oakland kids no longer "fear" Riverdale kids

I predict the winner of this game will win the Gold ball this year!!!!

I have noticed several Oakland guys on here posting good comments, but I feel like you guys are not bringing up the fact that you lost a real big offensive lineman that is not playing in this game, because it is a big factor on that line.Also your d-end probably will not play, which is also a big loss.Injuries play a major part in your season, and you guys have been hit hard right before battle of the boro.Am I right or wrong?

I have noticed several Oakland guys on here posting good comments, but I feel like you guys are not bringing up the fact that you lost a real big offensive lineman that is not playing in this game, because it is a big factor on that line.Also your d-end probably will not play, which is also a big loss.Injuries play a major part in your season, and you guys have been hit hard right before battle of the boro.Am I right or wrong?

Why will our D-end not play? news to me