Mount Pleasant@Perry County

turkeyslayer

Both of the teams in this game will have more than enough to prove. For some, this game means the last shot at the Region Title. Others, this game is to be the one that proves their worth.

How good is Perry County?

Can Mt. Pleasant stay in the hunt?

To me, this region is a lot like the SEC. The SEC has Florida, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee.... Region 6 has got Wayne County, Collinwood, Mt.Pleasant, Perry County, Cornersville, and Columbia Academy. 5 of those teams mentioned have been in the top 10 at some point in time this year. This is the strongest region in 1a football. Any of those teams could be a top dog in certain regions in the state.

I think the team that controls their offense, limits their mistakes, and stays focused for the four quarters will win this game easily. The team that lets emotions control their play, will probably be on the losing end.

To me, this region is a lot like the SEC. The SEC has Florida, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee.... Region 6 has got Wayne County, Collinwood, Mt.Pleasant, Perry County, Cornersville, and Columbia Academy. 5 of those teams mentioned have been in the top 10 at some point in time this year. This is the strongest region in 1a football. Any of those teams could be a top dog in certain regions in the state.

I agree here. I just looked at the updated top 10 poll. In order to win the state this year, a winner from this region would have to probably beat: WC, PC, CA, C'wood(should be in there), then play teams like Jo Byrns, Lake Co or Union City before they get to South Pitt. No doubt in my mine mind this is the toughest road.

That don't count all of these teams having to play a very good MTP team and several teams playing games with Decatur Co, Davidson Ac, Adamsville, Chester County, Lewis County.

Perry Co. runs spread too, SSSSSSS. If you guys give them problems with spread I am sure we will too. I was wondering how the WR look for MTP. I hear about the QB being good. I never hear anything about the receivers they have. Somebody give me a break down on MTP, I havent seen them play.

#7 is prolly their big threat in WRs, but #11 sneaks around out of the position of like a wing back every now and than. The big thing is containing #1 and making him throw the ball (that was WC's strategy). He needs just a little more practice on accuracy and he could be a huge threat. I think that PC's style of play is almost like WC's. So, I think that it will be a close game and a toss up. It will depend on how good PC's D plays.

All Mt. Pleasant has to do is contain Tucker and Mercer and they win. Simple as that.

I would think that Mt. Pleasant thought the same strategy against Wayne County.... Stop the Rice Brothers and they win. It was harder than they thought and they found out that other players can catch the football. If they didn't they might still be wondering who in the crap is #19 and #15.

If they come in the Viking Stadium thinking if they can stop Tucker and Mercer.... they might find a few more numbers on the field worth watching.

It will be a great game, there are two teams in the region very similar. Just with small differences in what they have to fix before Playoffs. I am talking about Wayne County and Perry County, it's almost scary how similar they really are, also, the Viking Defense is much improved...... Scary isn't it? Not only do you have to stop the "Dynamic Duo" but now the "Fab Five" on offense and the Defense that has the best ratings so far.

I would think that Mt. Pleasant thought the same strategy against Wayne County.... Stop the Rice Brothers and they win. It was harder than they thought and they found out that other players can catch the football. If they didn't they might still be wondering who in the crap is #19 and #15.

If they come in the Viking Stadium thinking if they can stop Tucker and Mercer.... they might find a few more numbers on the field worth watching.

It will be a great game, there are two teams in the region very similar. Just with small differences in what they have to fix before Playoffs. I am talking about Wayne County and Perry County, it's almost scary how similar they really are, also, the Viking Defense is much improved...... Scary isn't it? Not only do you have to stop the "Dynamic Duo" but now the "Fab Five" on offense and the Defense that has the best ratings so far.

i still dont think pc will be able to stop mtp running game, it is executed very well with quick backs and a good young qb that can run all night.

I got to thinking about it, and you're right. Perry County and Wayne County are very alike. Same kind of players on offense, same smash-mouth type of football.

I hope thats their game plan, I think thats what they did last year. If it was that easy we wouldn'nt win a game, who knows maybe wayne county wouldnt either. Maybe Perry County has has nine bums runnin around with them two out there?

I'm not saying there's 9 other guys who aren't worth a crap out there, I'm just saying, limit Tucker and Mercer and you have a better chance of beating Perry County. I'm hearing a lot about this Rhodes guy at wideout, is he really good?