Heritage at William Blount

tpoole12

Would love to see this game but unfortunately I am to much of a Maryville homer to miss one of their games. This should be a battle and a great game to watch. I am going out on a limb this year and taking Heritage though I think WB is oh so slightly better. A turnover or two will be the difference.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some stats for you.

William Blount has

Given up: 106 pts on the season

Scored: 74 pts on the season

Heritage has

Given up: 75 pts on the season

Scored: 76 points on the season

Its not worth much, talking about the karns game. William Blount ran a different offense then, and you never had to sustain a long drive. Most of your points where handed to you. You will not be able to move the ball on Heritage this week. Your O-line is fat and slow. Should Evan Brown give them his autograph after or before the game?? Will probably hold the new Sack Record after this one.

You know, arrogance is one thing, ignorance is another. What experience do you have to make such criticisms? Are you a Heritage fanboy that played on one of the eleven teams with a .500 or better record out of the past thirty-four years? Perhaps you are a disappointed WB grad who played on one of their twenty losing teams. Either way, your mouth overloads your hind end.

In any case, this could be the best game of the year for both teams. They are as equally matched as any two in the county. It will be a close one, and one that I will enjoy watching.

You will not be able to move the ball on Heritage this week. Your O-line is fat and slow. Should Evan Brown give them his autograph after or before the game?? Will probably hold the new Sack Record after this one.

So now you've gone and piqued my interest in this "game within the game". In order to track this developing storyline, though, we need to know what Heritage's standing record is for sacks in a single game -- or do you mean that he's fast approaching the career mark, and if so, how many does Evan need?

You know, arrogance is one thing, ignorance is another. What experience do you have to make such criticisms? Are you a Heritage fanboy that played on one of the eleven teams with a .500 or better record out of the past thirty-four years? Perhaps you are a disappointed WB grad who played on one of their twenty losing teams. Either way, your mouth overloads your hind end.

I don't know, it all seemed innocent enough to me.

What, you can't have a little banter with your cross-county rival unless you've won a bunch of state titles?!

I like the fact that followers of these programs are engaging in some generally good-natured goading. Now I feel a little differently about someone who's trying to run down both programs under the guise of criticizing a fellow poster. Such commentary comes off as haughty or, as some might say, arrogant.

So now you've gone and piqued my interest in this "game within the game". In order to track this developing storyline, though, we need to know what Heritage's standing record is for sacks in a single game -- or do you mean that he's fast approaching the career mark, and if so, how many does Evan need?

I don't know, it all seemed innocent enough to me.

What, you can't have a little banter with your cross-county rival unless you've won a bunch of state titles?!

I like the fact that followers of these programs are engaging in some generally good-natured goading. Now I feel a little differently about someone who's trying to run down both programs under the guise of criticizing a fellow poster. Such commentary comes off as haughty or, as some might say, arrogant.

Sorry Cletus, but it wasn't good natured banter. It was running down a program based on comparing outcomes of two very different schedules. Heritage is finally getting into the meat of their schedule and finding that once again it is a grinder. WB at this point has played the tougher schedule and anyone who was a fan of football would realize that before trotting out meaningless statistics. And, just so you know, I didn't win any state titles, I didn't play at either Maryville or Alcoa. I'm just a football fan who likes to see a good game, and this one is looking to be a good game.