Heritage at William Blount

tpoole12

I am a little surprised the coaches at Heritage didn't do a better job scouting. I mean, when you look at the scouting report for WB it clearly states the following...

1. Strong Defense

2. Improving Offense

3. Keep your kids off the WB emblem. :thumb:

Seriously, it is great to hear the Govs are taking great pride in their program. I believe if they continue to improve as they have, they will be playoff contenders.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing .... Stomping on the Emblem at Mid-field is about the most Classless , ignorant thing a team can do at any level , and everyone knows that . Even if the head Coach didn't have a problem with that , I would hope those young men who came from the Maryville program would want any team they're associated with showing the kind of Class that their former head coach always shows ..... very disappointing .

I am a little surprised the coaches at Heritage didn't do a better job scouting. I mean, when you look at the scouting report for WB it clearly states the following...

1. Strong Defense

2. Improving Offense

3. Keep your kids off the WB emblem. :thumb:

Seriously, it is great to hear the Govs are taking great pride in their program. I believe if they continue to improve as they have, they will be playoff contenders.

MHS ... huge big IF but if the Gov's could win their next two ... West and Lenoir City, they would at least have an outside shot at the playoffs with games against Farragut and Maryville left.

Encouraging thing is that the majority of "key contributors" this year are sophomores and juniors.

MHS ... huge big IF but if the Gov's could win their next two ... West and Lenoir City, they would at least have an outside shot at the playoffs with games against Farragut and Maryville left.

Encouraging thing is that the majority of "key contributors" this year are sophomores and juniors.

That is encouraging to hear. I am a suppporter of all four BC schools, except during the week that they play Maryville.

I am a bit disappointed in the leadership at Heritage...after the "alleged" jab at GQ and the WB field stomp. I hope HHS continues to improve their program with hard work and let the players make statements on the field.

That is encouraging to hear. I am a suppporter of all four BC schools, except during the week that they play Maryville.

I am a bit disappointed in the leadership at Heritage...after the "alleged" jab at GQ and the WB field stomp. I hope HHS continues to improve their program with hard work and let the players make statements on the field.

Agree that this is on the coach. I believe high school kids (regardless of whether they are Heritage, WB, Maryville, or Alcoa kids) will occasionally get caught up in a "testosterone moment" and do or say something that might reflect negatively on them or their team. I believe as adults, we have to leave room for that and use those times for teaching moments.

But the "WB Stomp" and the taunting cheer they did while stomping on it was obviously orchestrated and well thought out. They did it while our team was stretching on the opposite side of the field and their coaches simply stood and watched while they did it.

I was really proud how our young men responded. We just went on with what we were doing (stretching) and then let our performance in the actual game speak for itself.

Not to pile on, but the Heritage student section also displayed one of the most classless signs I've witnessed in a long time at a game as well. WB's administration brought it to the attention of the Heritage administrators and I believe--after more than one attempt--it was finally removed.

Thoughts....

Good game Govs. Defense.............. :thumb:

Offense.... Good job but need to take care of the ball. Take care of the details, and the rest will follow..............

To the Raiders at Heritage. Heard a lot of names that I remember. "practice hard, play hard, have fun".. Good luck the rest of the way...

tpoole12

One thing I dont understand is, how do you come into the game and run one play up the middle and then think you can throw a quick pass to the outside? (Saunders pick for a TD). HHS had not set anything up to run that play....It was easy pickens. By far the worst play calling I have ever seen by HHS coaches the entire game....Cline was the leading rusher in BC before the game but only had 5 carries the whole game. Whats up with that. How can you expect a good back to do anything without a chance? The HHS defense was on it heels the entire game. Its easy to say that it was poor planning or the lack there of by the HHS coaching staff. Yes the kids have to perform but the coaches are responsible for getting them ready.