Heritage at William Blount

tpoole12

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predicted a WB win but I had it a lot closer. I didn't think Govs could move the ball very easily on the Mountaineer's defense. I knew the Govs D would be tough. How did the govs score 40?

Offense scored 4 td's, Defense scored 2 td's and got a safety. Defense had 4 picks(Saunders returned 1 for 1st TD of game, Wheeler returned 1 for td on an electrifying long run changing direction several times, Cunningham, and Owens each had a pick that put the offense in good position and the Offense scored on both those, and 2 other long drives. Witt played great and was Player of the Game. Missed the first PAT, and then lost 3 more trying to make up for it.

In summary, we finally put a complete game togather.

Great win GOVS!!!!!

GovMan's thoughts on the game:

* Disappointed to see the Heritage team gather at mid-field and stomp on the "WB" emblem before the game. You can expect stuff like that from young men, but looks like a coaching staff would intervene. I can't picture a George Quarles or Gary Rankin coached team doing that,nor do I believe you'd ever see David Gregory allow his players to do it.

*Whoever commented earlier that WB's offense couldn't score 28 against the Mountaineers. You were right ... our offense only scored 26. Defense got the other 14 for us. :rolleyes:

*With WB's normal starting rb, Greg Cooke gimpy, it was good to see junior Logan York step in at rb. He's a stud.

*Heritage defensive lineman Evan Brown was as good as advertised. The kid is a beast. John Luc is a quality defensive player as well.

*The Willocks brothers (WB defensive starters) are tough as nails. Give me a bunch of undersized defenders with their hearts and their desire.

*Young WB offensive line did a great job of opening holes all night. Secondary was extremely tough. Dalton Wheeler's int return for touchdown was an ESPN Top 10 quality play. Zach Witt (qb) is getting better and better each week.

*WB kicking game is a concern. Missed 2 pat's tonight. You worry that in a close game that'll come back to bite you. Hopefully, it was just a fluke. Beason (kicker) hit it in the endzone 2-3 times on kickoffs and did a great job punting.

*WB has West and Lenoir City next two games. Both are games they are capable of winning. Getting those two would build a lot of good momentum for tough final games at home vs Maryville and Farragut.

This should be a good game. Both teams have good skill people, so that means it comes down to the big boys, Who wants it the most? Heritage by 10.

So much for the heritage"big boys" winning this game for them. HHS rbs combine 7 carries for -3 rushing, For WB witt goes for 70, and cook gets 50 and 2 tds on 9 carries, not even a contest....

Not sure how cline was leading rusher in blount county going into the game(hope he is ok to go next game), oh thats right their first 4 oppenents combined record is 6-17... i believe i would think twice about jumping on another teams logo at midfield, if they had beaten me 13 times in a row.You got beat the way u deserved to be beat.

Now can the talk about the big red machine(heritage) calm down.. PLEASE!!

Great game govs,wish RJ could have held onto that fumble by cline, then it would have been a shutout. 3 more wins and were IN!! LETS GO GET WEST!!!

Edited by williebgovs04