A question for Trousdale people

pujo

Being the smallest county ...out there.

Grunt, I know you said last year that you don't usually make the Jr. High games and I'm not real sure how many they have left, but you need to try to catch them this year. As most of you know, I'm not one to blow smoke or pump our kids up so much their heads won't fit through a door, but I haven't seen a group like this at TC in a loooong time.....at least 10+ years. LOADED!!! They should have a good test against Westy this Saturday night, especially coming off a real short week.

This Jr High team beat this same Westmoreland team in 11-12 yo pee wee in a tournament in Lafayette... i expect they will win by a wide margin this go around also. :hungry:

I believe this jr high team has a chance to be better than the 95-98 class. :thumb:

When its all said and done we could win 7 Gold balls in a row. It could happen you know. If we can "steal" one this year somehow. :ph34r: ....defense is really missing Tacola and Edwards at LB.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if I remember correctly, the Jackets gave Fulton all they could handle in this game down on the creekbank...eventually losing on a 2 point conversion at the end of the game(?)

Yep, Fulton 14 TC 13. Fulton expected to run away with this game, didn't quite turn out that way,

still got a "W", but they knew they had been to the Creekbank next AM.

Yep, Fulton 14 TC 13. Fulton expected to run away with this game, didn't quite turn out that way,

still got a "W", but they knew they had been to the Creekbank next AM.

That's right Grunt. I was on the Fulton side and they seemed quite confident at the start of that game. Stunned by the 4th quarter that they were in such a fight for survival and trailing.

I've never thought about it ,but Trousdale could be the only County in the state with only one school. Our County has 5.

As far as the Jr High stuff goes, Cloudland has a good team.You can't really tell how that will translate into Highschool. You can have some kids who are nearly grown, they dominate and then in Highschool all these other kids catch up. Another catch is hot chicks and fast cars,football don't compare. Ido think our little bunch will stay with it. You just never know.

I've never thought about it ,but Trousdale could be the only County in the state with only one school. Our County has 5.

As far as the Jr High stuff goes, Cloudland has a good team.You can't really tell how that will translate into Highschool. You can have some kids who are nearly grown, they dominate and then in Highschool all these other kids catch up. Another catch is hot chicks and fast cars,football don't compare. Ido think our little bunch will stay with it. You just never know.

Pujo, you are wrong. I looked it up and Trousdale has three schools. They have Trousdale County Elementary school, Jim B. Satterfield Middle School, and Trousdale County Highschool. They have three schools in this county. You think im joking but im not.

This Jr High team beat this same Westmoreland team in 11-12 yo pee wee in a tournament in Lafayette... i expect they will win by a wide margin this go around also. :hungry:

I believe this jr high team has a chance to be better than the 95-98 class. :thumb:

When its all said and done we could win 7 Gold balls in a row. It could happen you know. If we can "steal" one this year somehow. :ph34r: ....defense is really missing Tacola and Edwards at LB.

See Even Slim Is Hollering Theft! :roflolk: Ya Hosers!

Pujo...I totally agree with what you said about Jr. High teams. I've seen several suit up for the Jr. Jackets that looked like superstars, but never peed a drop on the varsity level. That's why I made the disclaimer that I did in the original post. However, there's something special about this group that I'm not going to get into on this forum. But your right, a lot can happen between now and then. If they stay together and continue to improve, watch out. I'm with Slim...they have the potential to do some great things. Things that haven't been seen at TC in 10+ years.

Pujo...I totally agree with what you said about Jr. High teams. I've seen several suit up for the Jr. Jackets that looked like superstars, but never peed a drop on the varsity level. That's why I made the disclaimer that I did in the original post. However, there's something special about this group that I'm not going to get into on this forum. But your right, a lot can happen between now and then. If they stay together and continue to improve, watch out. I'm with Slim...they have the potential to do some great things. Things that haven't been seen at TC in 10+ years.

Man SEVEN...I watched the jr. high replay against Macon last night. IMPRESSIVE. They probably had more yards than the high school team did. :roflol: But that defense is very stingy. I settled up with Z B last night. Thank the lord there's only two more games left. :lol: Saturday should be a great day for football in ol' Motown...unless your an eagle.

Our bunch scored 52 last night and called the dogs,went undefeated last season, were in the championship game again. But we've got a few that can shave, I guess most teams do at that age. I think our biggest thing is love for the game and dedication,another thing is how well they've always done in school,most of um straight a students.What it really comes down to is we have a special group of parents that expects alot out of these kids. But with all the positives, I can see future negatives.But we do have the potential.

My guess is You're bunch will pan out. You have outstanding leadership and who don't want to suit up for the Yellow Jackets. I guess we'll know the rest of the story in about 4 years.