A question for Trousdale people

pujo

Pujo, this is the comment I've been waiting for because IMO it sums up the best answer to the question...and it is just a different way to say what is in your signature. What you have in your sig is a great metaphor of how every team should play, and as I've said before it's my favorite tag line on here.

I'm a big fan of Jo Byrnes, never saw them play. But its easy to see they do alot of things the right way.Hope you guys win the state. SP will probably win it this year ,but they just have more talent than most. I don't dislike them for it. I just like the old hard working country boys. Alot like Trousdale.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big fan of Jo Byrnes, never saw them play. But its easy to see they do alot of things the right way.Hope you guys win the state. SP will probably win it this year ,but they just have more talent than most. I don't dislike them for it. I just like the old hard working country boys. Alot like Trousdale.

Pujo, we do have alot of talent year in and year out. We have good coaching in my opinion.

But Uncle Dave thinks they get all hyped up when the Pirates play a good football team. We

always try some "secret" defense/offense against good teams when in my opinion we should

stick with what got us there. If the other team stops it...so be it. Trousdale fans that

now something about football can attest to that. 1998 SP changes the defense the week of

the Trousdale game....2008 SP changes the offense prior to the Trousdale game....both resulted in losses. Trousdale

has always looked the same to me....talented, tough, strong, and tons of heart.

Edited by UncleDave

Those last names show up alot, wonder if their parents expects something out of um. Someone said they were simply bigger,stronger and faster, they pay the price to get that way. They are not usually all that big, but they are usually all good sized and strong. The 05 team looked like clones.All about 220 to 250 with arms and legs cut out of steel.

With this topic. weve all probably made them even better, you can be sure all these kids get on here and read this stuff,proud day to be a Yellow Jacket.Hats off to you boy's you deserve it.

Pujo...you got to see that '05 team up close and in person. They were very good, but that's when we ran the true spread offense, simply because of personnel. I'd give anything if you could have seen some of the squads we had in the '90's. The '97 team was unbelievable! So much so, that when I was in South Pitt. last week, I was talking to a guy that played there in that era. He said that was probably the greatest single A team ever assembled. I've thought about creating a thread, just talking about that season to give people some idea of what we accomplished. Some people think I'm crazy when I tell them that these past two years may not even crack our top ten of all time teams.

Whats this mess about paying players after games? I garuntee you that if Ronnie Carter finds out about that, he will put Trousdale on probation and maybe strip them of some of their titles. I like Trousdale alot and wont report this, but I garuntee you that I wouldn't be telling everyone this mess. If these boys get put on probation for this, they may not be able to play anymore highschool ball and would have to start playing college ball. You think im joking but im not.

Like to have opinions as to why they are sooo good all the time. Iknow they have a little talent from time to time, but plenty of schools have as much and more. I think its the pride it takes to wear the uniform. Its definately not a pretty uniform, but it takes a man to wear it.

...pujo...I shall give this sum serious thought and maybe give u a more scholarly answer before tha week is up....that's all i have to say bout that ryte now.... :D

Pujo, we do have alot of talent year in and year out. We have good coaching in my opinion.

But Uncle Dave thinks they get all hyped up when the Pirates play a good football team. We

always try some "secret" defense/offense against good teams when in my opinion we should

stick with what got us there. If the other team stops it...so be it. Trousdale fans that

now something about football can attest to that. 1998 SP changes the defense the week of

the Trousdale game....2008 SP changes the offense prior to the Trousdale game....both resulted in losses. Trousdale

Two perfect examples of our coaches winning with less talent. In '98 the gap probably was not a wide as it was in '08. I always say that Eddie Moore could still be running on the Creekbank. We haven't tackled him yet, but I guess you could say the same thing about T.C. Payne. There was some "big time" talent on the field that night! Two of the greatest high school games that I have ever witnessed!

Pujo...you got to see that '05 team up close and in person. They were very good, but that's when we ran the true spread offense, simply because of personnel. I'd give anything if you could have seen some of the squads we had in the '90's. The '97 team was unbelievable! So much so, that when I was in South Pitt. last week, I was talking to a guy that played there in that era. He said that was probably the greatest single A team ever assembled. I've thought about creating a thread, just talking about that season to give people some idea of what we accomplished. Some people think I'm crazy when I tell them that these past two years may not even crack our top ten of all time teams.

I didn't see the 97 team , but I have seen enough to know that these teams the last 2 year don't stack up to several of the others. But the one thing that never changes is the pride and determination.

You make good points Uncle Dave, I've seen SP lose to less talentede teams on several occasions. I've seen Trousdale beat more talented teams. SP thrives off talent and speed, but a more disaplined tough football team can beat um when they shouldn't.

Whats this mess about paying players after games? I garuntee you that if Ronnie Carter finds out about that, he will put Trousdale on probation and maybe strip them of some of their titles. I like Trousdale alot and wont report this, but I garuntee you that I wouldn't be telling everyone this mess. If these boys get put on probation for this, they may not be able to play anymore highschool ball and would have to start playing college ball. You think im joking but im not.

Easy Roy.I'd say its all done in cash so it can't be traced.

Tradition is there. The hard work and coaching depends on who's running the program.

That being said, I don't think they've ever had a lame duck head coach.

Lastly, it's in the bloodlines.

They have the same last names on their teams year in and year out, and the athletic ability is in their genes.

When was the last time TC had a football team in any age group that didn't have a Harper on it?

Throw in some Gregory's, Dillehay's, Payne's, and Satterfield's, and you have a football team full of athletes. I might have left some out, but notice I didn't mention any McCall's.

yeah yeah yeah. everybody remembers the guy who runs through the hole, no one remembers the guy* who knocks the hole in the line. :roflol:

you also left out, scruggs, towns, eden, keeton, bratton, blair, mungle, marshalls, gooches, carmens, bottoms, browns, lockes, calhoun, vaughn, helm, haynes, oldhams, kemps, evitts, daltons, wests, cornwells and so many more. :thumb:

*unless you won mr. football.

Edited by snoball5278