A question for Trousdale people

pujo

Like to have opinions as to why they are sooo good all the time. Iknow they have a little talent from time to time, but plenty of schools have as much and more. I think its the pride it takes to wear the uniform. Its definately not a pretty uniform, but it takes a man to wear it.

I believe its a combination of coaching, PARENTS, and scheduling. I've seen these boys practice way longer and later than any other team around. Not as much now as it was when Satt. was coach, but it still happens. The parents i think for the most part, fully support the coaches. They are usually at practice with the kids(alot of'em anyway). Our Region with FCS, G-ville , Watertown and ourselves is as tough a 2A region in the state of TN. Plus our non-region games we usually play BIGGER schools.

Thats my opinion anyways....:popcorneater:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just do thing's right period!!! They run there offense and defense the same way no matter who there playing and don't try to get cute with trying to imitate college team's they see on TV and don't have every member of the coaching staff wearing a headphone to look cute. They do alot of the old time way of coaching of getting in there player's face's when they need to and don't have to worry about a player having an attitude about it. Also they have what most team's don't and that is a team attitude and not and I attitude.. We've had some eppic battle's with them,lost some,won some but I respect this team so much!!!

The young lads at Trousdale are born with desire and determination to become Yellow Jackets. It means something special to them when they put on that purple and yellow uniform. Trousdale usually has a good amount of talented young lads, but they also have the desire and determination to succeed and become living legends much like the young lads that wore the uniform before them. Trousdale is as good as anywhere in the state of Tennessee about making the young lads have pride and lay it on the line everytime they strap it up.

The young lads at Trousdale are born with desire and determination to become Yellow Jackets. It means something special to them when they put on that purple and yellow uniform. Trousdale usually has a good amount of talented young lads, but they also have the desire and determination to succeed and become living legends much like the young lads that wore the uniform before them. Trousdale is as good as anywhere in the state of Tennessee about making the young lads have pride and lay it on the line everytime they strap it up.

This is what makes dynasties. Folks growing up together; and, everyone having pride in their community, traditions, and personal contributions to the legacy.

-Coaching

It all started with Jim B. Satterfield - a true legend in the Tn. coaching ranks. When he took over the director of schools, his son Clint, succeeded him as the head coach. One of the best quotes I've ever heard about Clint is....he can beat the crap out of you with his team, or he can take your team and beat you, with his players. Honestly...no smoke...Creasy may be better than both! We are going to be more disciplined than 95% of the teams we play. All have beaten squads with more talent on the other side of the field.

-Tradition

I told Butchie the other night that if you played football for four years in the '90's, you at least got one ring. Kids grow up dreaming about playing on that stage and putting their names in the record books. Once we got the ball rolling again in 1990, we haven't looked back. We expect to compete with everyone we line up with...most of the time we expect to win!

-Hard Work

Some people claim they put in the time during the off season, when they have no idea. Our strength and conditioning program is top notch. No two-a-days. We get that done in one session. If you can survive the winter and summer, we'll have a place for you in the fall. No one is turned away, but not everyone has what it takes to play for the Jackets.

*Mix in a little talent and you have all the key ingredients of our program. No secrets here. Now I'm sure you'll have some get on here and take some shots, but that's what happens when you're the "cream of the crop".

And since we are talking about it...I'm not sure how this year plays out. If we can continue to improve, we just might be able to give McK, Signal, or whoever it may be a good game. But I'm going to throw this out there, and I usually don't do this. Too much can happen between now and then, but if our 8th grade class can stay together, which I think they will, lookout! They may win 2-3 rings before its over. Anyone who has seen them play or played against them, would have to agree. Total domination! Roy, you think I'm joking? :D

Edited by SEVEN

I am not affiliated with program in anyway, however I do coach and here are my 2 cents. They are successful, because a culture has been conditioned in the town. When a baby boy is born, he immediately is "going to be a YellowJacket". People are given things in the community because they played football. You are not identified as a family or by what job you have, you are know by what year you graduated and do you have a ring. In all places athletes have a "status" in thier respective schools, but in places like this you can get a job later in life just because of your status on the field. I think its great, so I'm complimenting not condemning. Example, I went to college with a guy that said it was nothing for him to get 50-100 dollars from fans after having a good game on Friday nights from fans congratulating him after games. This doesnt happen in most places but some places, where a culture has been established it does and will continue.

They just do thing's right period!!! They run there offense and defense the same way no matter who there playing and don't try to get cute with trying to imitate college team's they see on TV and don't have every member of the coaching staff wearing a headphone to look cute. They do alot of the old time way of coaching of getting in there player's face's when they need to and don't have to worry about a player having an attitude about it. Also they have what most team's don't and that is a team attitude and not and I attitude.. We've had some eppic battle's with them,lost some,won some but I respect this team so much!!!

Why would they, their headsets don't work, remember '08 :roflolk:

Just jabbin' a little, no question TC has earned respect from friends & foes near & far. Not sure why they are always reloading instead of rebuilding, maybe the underground bunker. :shock: Great program, the kind you both want to & dread to play at the same time. Best of luck Jackets, we're pulling for you on the reservation.

I am not affiliated with program in anyway, however I do coach and here are my 2 cents. They are successful, because a culture has been conditioned in the town. When a baby boy is born, he immediately is "going to be a YellowJacket". People are given things in the community because they played football. You are not identified as a family or by what job you have, you are know by what year you graduated and do you have a ring. In all places athletes have a "status" in thier respective schools, but in places like this you can get a job later in life just because of your status on the field. I think its great, so I'm complimenting not condemning. Example, I went to college with a guy that said it was nothing for him to get 50-100 dollars from fans after having a good game on Friday nights from fans congratulating him after games. This doesnt happen in most places but some places, where a culture has been established it does and will continue.

Good post. :thumb: I have an 8th grade nephew that has just about broke me this year. :roflolk: 10 per td and 5 for other good plays. Also, my mom matches that total for him. It's money well spent. Anything to keep them interested.

Why would they, their headsets don't work, remember '08 :roflolk:

Just jabbin' a little, no question TC has earned respect from friends & foes near & far. Not sure why they are always reloading instead of rebuilding, maybe the underground bunker. :shock: Great program, the kind you both want to & dread to play at the same time. Best of luck Jackets, we're pulling for you on the reservation.

Acarman told ya, it's in the genes. In-bred, plain and simple. :roflolk:

Edited by MountainTroll

This is not a difficult answer. Has anyone ever seen their teams? They are bigger, faster, stronger, and more talented than any team they line up against. They probably work hard, have tradition, and have coaching, but you don't win state title games by 50 without just having superior talent. The teams I have seen the level of talent, size, speed, and physical maturity was vastly superior to many of their opponents.