A question for Trousdale people

pujo

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They run there offense and defense the same way no matter who there playing

Pujo, this is the comment I've been waiting for because IMO it sums up the best answer to the question...and it is just a different way to say what is in your signature. What you have in your sig is a great metaphor of how every team should play, and as I've said before it's my favorite tag line on here.

SEVEN & Sportsman answered it as well as it could be answered. Year in & year out the Jackets

just play their game & let their opponent deal with it. Not always loaded with raw talent, but

coached to wring every last drop out of 'em. Coaching staff does that extremely well.

Amazing thing to watch every season, actually, how they keep doing this.

Jim B. & Clint were awesome coaches, proven fact, but I think Creasy is the better of the three.

JMHO...

-Coaching

It all started with Jim B. Satterfield - a true legend in the Tn. coaching ranks. When he took over the director of schools, his son Clint, succeeded him as the head coach. One of the best quotes I've ever heard about Clint is....he can beat the crap out of you with his team, or he can take your team and beat you, with his players. Honestly...no smoke...Creasy may be better than both! We are going to be more disciplined than 95% of the teams we play. All have beaten squads with more talent on the other side of the field.

-Tradition

I told Butchie the other night that if you played football for four years in the '90's, you at least got one ring. Kids grow up dreaming about playing on that stage and putting their names in the record books. Once we got the ball rolling again in 1990, we haven't looked back. We expect to compete with everyone we line up with...most of the time we expect to win!

-Hard Work

Some people claim they put in the time during the off season, when they have no idea. Our strength and conditioning program is top notch. No two-a-days. We get that done in one session. If you can survive the winter and summer, we'll have a place for you in the fall. No one is turned away, but not everyone has what it takes to play for the Jackets.

*Mix in a little talent and you have all the key ingredients of our program. No secrets here. Now I'm sure you'll have some get on here and take some shots, but that's what happens when you're the "cream of the crop".

And since we are talking about it...I'm not sure how this year plays out. If we can continue to improve, we just might be able to give McK, Signal, or whoever it may be a good game. But I'm going to throw this out there, and I usually don't do this. Too much can happen between now and then, but if our 8th grade class can stay together, which I think they will, lookout! They may win 2-3 rings before its over. Anyone who has seen them play or played against them, would have to agree. Total domination! Roy, you think I'm joking? :D

Seven has it right, knows it better than anyone. I remember a few years back when they were going to play Union City for the state. Trousdale dressed about 26 and Union City had about 60. I sort of thought Trousdale would dominate because it was easy to see which team was harder to play for. Its fun to watch them play because all the good players they've had in the past are on the sidelines. Its not that way at other schools, these guys are their reliving their past and expecting the team on the field to playlike they once did. They have tradition and know what it takes.

Pujo, this is the comment I've been waiting for because IMO it sums up the best answer to the question...and it is just a different way to say what is in your signature. What you have in your sig is a great metaphor of how every team should play, and as I've said before it's my favorite tag line on here.

That saying came from my dad, he lived it and taught it. If you only knew. Don't worry about the Mule ,just load the wagon. Love it.

Tradition is there. The hard work and coaching depends on who's running the program.

That being said, I don't think they've ever had a lame duck head coach.

Lastly, it's in the bloodlines.

They have the same last names on their teams year in and year out, and the athletic ability is in their genes.

When was the last time TC had a football team in any age group that didn't have a Harper on it?

Throw in some Gregory's, Dillehay's, Payne's, and Satterfield's, and you have a football team full of athletes. I might have left some out, but notice I didn't mention any McCall's. :popcorneater::lol::roflolk:

It dosen't hurt that the fathers play old game film for their sons when they are still in the womb. :roflol: A play book is distributed with every male childs birth certificate and they start to run the plays on the playground at pre-school. They also start teaching the basics of the play book to their pee-wee teams so that by the time they arrive as Freshmen in high school they do not have to think about what to do on any given play they simply react at the snap. :ph34r: Throw in an excahnge student or two every now and then and the occasional recruit uhhh.... transfer and that is the perfect recipe for success.

Tradition is there. The hard work and coaching depends on who's running the program.

That being said, I don't think they've ever had a lame duck head coach.

Lastly, it's in the bloodlines.

They have the same last names on their teams year in and year out, and the athletic ability is in their genes.

When was the last time TC had a football team in any age group that didn't have a Harper on it?

Throw in some Gregory's, Dillehay's, Payne's, and Satterfield's, and you have a football team full of athletes. I might have left some out, but notice I didn't mention any McCall's. :popcorneater::lol::roflolk:

Those last names show up alot, wonder if their parents expects something out of um. Someone said they were simply bigger,stronger and faster, they pay the price to get that way. They are not usually all that big, but they are usually all good sized and strong. The 05 team looked like clones.All about 220 to 250 with arms and legs cut out of steel.

With this topic. weve all probably made them even better, you can be sure all these kids get on here and read this stuff,proud day to be a Yellow Jacket.Hats off to you boy's you deserve it.

It dosen't hurt that the fathers play old game film for their sons when they are still in the womb. :roflol: A play book is distributed with every male childs birth certificate and they start to run the plays on the playground at pre-school. They also start teaching the basics of the play book to their pee-wee teams so that by the time they arrive as Freshmen in high school they do not have to think about what to do on any given play they simply react at the snap. :ph34r: Throw in an excahnge student or two every now and then and the occasional recruit uhhh.... transfer and that is the perfect recipe for success.

If I lived in that area ,they wouldn't have any trouble recruiting my kids.

......read'em n weep football world....Creasy is King....we will be hard pressed to keep him over the years....sumbody will have the bucks to lure him away, if Clint don't run him off first.

He ain't a true-blood Trousdale Countian, so I could understand if he left us.

Bigger schools and even colleges tried to lure Jim B. a few tymes, never worked tho.