Signal Mountain 6-0 hosts Marion County 2-3

MountainTroll

Ok boys the polls are out and we are still #2 and with a greater separation. I guess scoring 58 points in the first half on a team that hadn’t given up more than 49 points in a game this year didn’t impress anyone. Oh and they gave up the 49 to Polk County which is the #5 3A team. They also scored 27 against Polk County. Funny how that works.

Good thing for the other teams that Coach Price doesn’t play to the pollsters, seems like they only understand huge blowouts. Wonder what would happen if we did score 100:-)

Oh well I hope the boys use this as continued motivation. Not that we will need any additional motivation for Friday as it will be for the district championship.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The eagles can run the eagles can fly, at the end of the night they will be the ones soaring high, Winning the district is okay to start, but if you want a state title your players must play with heart, Losing intensity is often the case, when you are blowing out your opponents and winning the race, beware beware of those who have lost the big game before, learn from the pirates mistakes and you will soar

Ok boys the polls are out and we are still #2 and with a greater separation. I guess scoring 58 points in the first half on a team that hadn’t given up more than 49 points in a game this year didn’t impress anyone. Oh and they gave up the 49 to Polk County which is the #5 3A team. They also scored 27 against Polk County. Funny how that works.

Good thing for the other teams that Coach Price doesn’t play to the pollsters, seems like they only understand huge blowouts. Wonder what would happen if we did score 100:-)

Oh well I hope the boys use this as continued motivation. Not that we will need any additional motivation for Friday as it will be for the district championship.

Smeags....don't take this personally, but it is what it is......

The only reason we're #1 is because we are Trousdale Co. The reason you are #2 is because you are not Trousdale Co. I'd bet over half of the voters don't even know Signal Mtn. High School exist, much less where it is located. That may be a little far fetched, but you get my drift? It's more name recognition then anything. However, I would bet that only a handful (if that many!) of the voters have seen us both play.

In your first paragraph...that's not impressive. CCS? As they say on Monday Night Countdown....C'mon man! Scoring a 100 won't get you there either. We've scored 91 twice in recent years playing everyone and the cheerleaders...you don't want to go down that road on here, I promise. Good luck. C-ya down the road....hopefully (on our part). :thumb:

Trousdale should be #1. They are the defending State Champions for the past 2 years and have been playing football longer than Signal Mountain High School has been an idea. You shouldn't be #1 until you beat #1. Trousdale is undefeated and so are the Eagles. Both have shown they have the ability to win by lopsided scores. Signal Mountain has never played Trousdale and therefore should not be ahead of them. Hopefully we can both make it to the championship game and see who really is #1 but for now I agree with the polls. Being #2 gives the Eagles something to work towards the rest of the Season and I for one hope we remain #2 as long as both are undefeated. Our target is big enough right now. It would be nice to go into more games with the underdog attitude like we did at South Pitt. I think that makes the boys work harder and stay more focused. As Coach Price would say "We need to get better" "Work, Work, Work"

Go Eagles

Is yous joking....Old Pirate will need some time to figure that mess out. Yous got to knows OP still lives in a cave with a porti-pot that has to be rinsed out by the creak. Figure OP will have to take a few days to explore that map but seems yous did good. Dad burnit, MT yous was bored...........

GO WAR EAGLES better gits used to this fellers. Theys got the new T-Newton :popcorneater:

You one of those Gourd Neck fellers?

Edited by rlh

It will probably be bad Friday night, and Signal will probably make it to Cookeville, not sure if they can handle Trousdale, should be a good game. Next year will be a rude awakening for SM when they move up to 3A and get blown away by the Tornado of Alcoa. Neither schools will have to deal with them anymore.

It will probably be bad Friday night, and Signal will probably make it to Cookeville, not sure if they can handle Trousdale, should be a good game. Next year will be a rude awakening for SM when they move up to 3A and get blown away by the Tornado of Alcoa. Neither schools will have to deal with them anymore.

What makes you think they will stop at 3A??...my bet is that they chose to move on up to 4A...same district..less playoff headaches

Fellers, Old Pirate says cousin Hester is a saying them SM folkes is jest too...smart to put themselves in a classifcation with a Tornado... :roflol:

Old Pirate figures the warriors won't be playing SM for long and this game will most likely work as a spring board for them fellers from Jasper seeing the need for a heep more bloodline upgrade. Figure them Jasper folkes should turn out in force cause theys most likely won't gits to see them Eagles sore unless theys come and sit across the field from SP folkes when the Pirates playem.

Anyhow, OP says Jasper fellers finding a winning lottery ticket is more likely than winning this game. Cording to MountainTroll, them eagles have enough corn fed country youngons to make them city fellers looks good. :popcorneater:

GO WAR EAGLES

Edited by OLD PIRATE