Maryville vs Bearden

MHS82

REBELS WIN!

In spite of the mystery whistle...

In spite of the janky PA announcer...

In spite of Mo, Larry, and Curley in the striped shirts... (lets move the ball, then measure) (lets jump over the ball and accidentally kick it)

Red Rebulls tha wurst crew eye haiv seen in a while....My favorite was when'st tha chain gang mooved tha chains....then thay desided thay weren't sure hit was a furst down and guessed abowt whur tha chains were befour thay was mooved..... :wacko:

Did anyone pick up on the 4th and 17 in the 4th qtr? Coach Tanner (Bearden DC) and his secondary in BUMP coverage. I'm sorry, I had to make myself laugh to keep from dropping numerous "F" bombs.

Kidstaxi eye saw that same thing called in a Ole Miss/Miss State game several years back when 'st Tubberville wuz coachin Ole Miss....Tha Ole Miss puntur just threw tha ball towards tha gunner and tha State playur on tha gunner was bumping him all the way down tha feeled with his back two tha punter....Automatic interference call..... :thumb:

Kidstaxi eye saw that same thing called in a Ole Miss/Miss State game several years back when 'st Tubberville wuz coachin Ole Miss....Tha Ole Miss puntur just threw tha ball towards tha gunner and tha State playur on tha gunner was bumping him all the way down tha feeled with his back two tha punter....Automatic interference call..... :thumb:

I think, I remember the game you speak of. My whole point to that comment was GQ just put on a coaching clinic. I mean this with all respect to every Maryville player. IMO, Bearden had the horses and tallent to win that game tonight, but GQ and his staff where the "IT" factor. I just knows what lies ahead for the Bearden program, and not just happy about it.

I think, I remember the game you speak of. My whole point to that comment was GQ just put on a coaching clinic. I mean this with all respect to every Maryville player. IMO, Bearden had the horses and tallent to win that game tonight, but GQ and his staff where the "IT" factor. I just knows what lies ahead for the Bearden program, and not just happy about it.

Eye can honestly say Mairvul iz loaded fer tha fuchure....And staying with the ground gaim and pounding tha ball and running the clock was the way two go in this gaim and limited Devrin's touches.... :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS

First off, Bearden is not a one man show. But, Coach Quarles will make us look like we are. Bearden has a very, very , very good O-Line, not the same calibur as Alcoa's though. IMO...Bottomline to this game is Maryville's coaching staff, they are the "X" factor or "IT" factor. They will out coach Bearden and make Coach Taylor and his crew look like a bunch of bumbleing idiots.

I truly feel like Bearden has probally the best all around tallent a team can ask in the state. Not saying they are the best, just saying they can give anyone one heckuva a game. BUT, the coaching staff they have is just terrible, I mean some of the worst I have seen. Coach Taylor and his crew have done nothing but survivied on the tallent they have had the past 5 yrs. Next year, for those that have not seen what I have or just refuse to believe, will be proof. Bearden in 2011 will not 5 games, the year after maybe 3, 4 at the most.

"Sour Grapes Crusade"?

No need to argue this point at all. Their weakness will be shown again on thursday. Bearden will be one or two and done in the playoff's again this season, and will not have a good win/loss record next season or most likely the next 3. My statments will be proven correct in time.

Yes, I do not know all the coaches in East TN. I do not know ALL the coaches on Beardens staff. I DO know 7 of them and the arrogance the pretrude off of them. I also know enough about HS football to know what is a good staff and what is not. I sit in the stands and watch, I sit a listen to what parents have to say. I also listen to what players have to say. I have SEEN and HEARD enough to know many people do not like this staff. The parents and players I listen to PLAY key roles in this program. None are scrubs or parents of scrubs.

As far as me being spoiled, not a chance. My upbringing did not provide any resorces for that. However, I do have 4 children that are very spoiled. None of which play football or attend BHS. So that shouldn't skew my opinion either..

Yes...I was at that game. The only bad call I recall was the NON-FUMBLE call at the end of the game on an on-side kick. Bearden really shot theriselves in the foot, back, and head in that game, which I will say was not the coaching staffs fault.

I do not expect anyone(here on CoachT) to agree with me, and I respect that. But, I assure you I am not the only one in Maroon & Grey that feels this way. I will stand by my opinion and I am 1 yr and 4 days away from the proof in the pudding. With Beardens win loss record.

I resisted the urge to respond to this earlier, but now that the game is over I think it should be pointed out that the Bearden staff was in no way embarrassed or made to look like a bunch of "bumbleing (sic) idiots" (that quote is what you call irony). Seems to me their biggest mistake was not dialing up the defensive pressure in the 1st half as they did in the 2nd half. Still, that was the most substantial, impactful halftime adjustment -- and it was made by the Bearden staff.

Yeah, Bearden has had good talent the last few years, but it's not as if they've underachieved. They improved throughout the 2007 season and advanced to the semis for the 1st time in school history. In '08 they were very competitive in a 1st round loss to Soddy Daisy, a team that, quite frankly, was far superior to Bearden. That was a young, inexperienced Bearden squad that at the outset of the season in no way resembled a playoff qualifier. Then last year Bearden beat a good Sevier County team in the opening round and played an extremely competitive 2nd round game against Farragut -- a team they couldn't keep pace with in week 7. The pattern I see is one of a program that improves over the course of a season and is year after year participating in the playoffs. Contrast that with Bearden's longer history.

If parents and players -- as Kidstaxi states -- are disgruntled when Bearden is winning impressively, what poison will they spread when the road gets bumpy? As for the years ahead, you can't state that the talent pool is dwindling and then use THAT STATEMENT as future evidence that the coaches are inept; you've already given the most obvious reason that Bearden's record is likely to fall off (do you also blame the Bearden coaches for tonight's turnovers vs. Maryville?). Again, I think their recent record is one of getting about as much as they can out of their teams, and I'd be interested to hear a counter-argument, not just a blanket statement ("the coaching staff they have is just terrible") or whispers from those as unobjective as to believe that Bearden has had as much or more talent as anyone in the state.

Bottom line: over the years Maryville's coaching staff has made many opposing staffs look inferior by comparison, but that was not the case in this game; and, certainly, Bearden's coaches didn't cost the Bulldogs this game.

I resisted the urge to respond to this earlier, but now that the game is over I think it should be pointed out that the Bearden staff was in no way embarrassed or made to look like a bunch of "bumbleing (sic) idiots" (that quote is what you call irony). Seems to me their biggest mistake was not dialing up the defensive pressure in the 1st half as they did in the 2nd half. Still, that was the most substantial, impactful halftime adjustment -- and it was made by the Bearden staff.

Yeah, Bearden has had good talent the last few years, but it's not as if they've underachieved. They improved throughout the 2007 season and advanced to the semis for the 1st time in school history. In '08 they were very competitive in a 1st round loss to Soddy Daisy, a team that, quite frankly, was far superior to Bearden. That was a young, inexperienced Bearden squad that at the outset of the season in no way resembled a playoff qualifier. Then last year Bearden beat a good Sevier County team in the opening round and played an extremely competitive 2nd round game against Farragut -- a team they couldn't keep pace with in week 7. The pattern I see is one of a program that improves over the course of a season and is year after year participating in the playoffs. Contrast that with Bearden's longer history.

seems that when that linebacker for bearden went out there d got worse, #42 that good? i was impressed with prevo... i thought oak ridge did a better job on defense than bearden against maryville, which kinda surprised me... against maryville you just cant turn the ball over and expect to win... they feast on turnovers... in all credit to maryville though, they ALWAYS capitalize... signs of a great team..

If parents and players -- as Kidstaxi states -- are disgruntled when Bearden is winning impressively, what poison will they spread when the road gets bumpy? As for the years ahead, you can't state that the talent pool is dwindling and then use THAT STATEMENT as future evidence that the coaches are inept; you've already given the most obvious reason that Bearden's record is likely to fall off (do you also blame the Bearden coaches for tonight's turnovers vs. Maryville?). Again, I think their recent record is one of getting about as much as they can out of their teams, and I'd be interested to hear a counter-argument, not just a blanket statement ("the coaching staff they have is just terrible") or whispers from those as unobjective as to believe that Bearden has had as much or more talent as anyone in the state.

Bottom line: over the years Maryville's coaching staff has made many opposing staffs look inferior by comparison, but that was not the case in this game; and, certainly, Bearden's coaches didn't cost the Bulldogs this game.

seems like when that linebacker for bearden went out there d got worse, i guess #42 is good? he played a good game before going out... it seemed to me that oak ridge played better against maryvilles offense then bearden did, which surprised me.... prevo is really impressive, and a bruiser like west behind him is tough to defend, and robinette is real agile too for a 6'4 inch kid... too many turnovers, just like oak ridge had... you cant win against maryville with that many turnovers, i dont care who you are... they feast off other teams turnovers, but you gotta give them credit they ALWAYS capitalize on other teams mistakes... a true sign of a very good team...

Defense came up huge ! They have made great improvement since the Alcoa game . Prevo is going to be a joy to watch the next few years . Maryville coaches did exactly what they needed to do to minimize Young's effect on the game . It was nice to see Tommy Wilkinson (#54) laying the WOOD .... Boo-yow! Our Defense has been missing that a little bit ... thought Tanner Caylor was back on the field for a second !

Have to disagree with you about Mark Packer , Govman , I appreciate what he's done with the Thursday games , but he absolutely drives me nuts with his rambling on . I think the other 2 guys at least know Football but Packer should just trade places with Heather .... I swear I think she could do as good a job as he does ! :roflol:

I think the problem for Maryville will be team speed. The only guy who they have faced who is close to the speed of Young is Hambrick and they had a hard time with him. I think it will be a close game because Maryville will hit some big plays in the passing game.

because of home field advantage I like Bearden 27-20........

here is some video of Young's 1st 5 games...that video posted is old...he is much faster and stronger..

Maybe Young Hadn't faced a team like Maryville .......

Good Game MHS. The D is improving on the physical side, I was glad to see that.

Bearden played hard and with class.

Maryville again proved they could not play with the so called "Bigboys". Two bad MHS did not play with the "BigBoys" the past 8 years!

Young is real fast & has great balance but beyound that I am not sure how he fits into UT, he must be about 5'-8". I do wish him luck but last night he saw a better D than he is used too me thinks.

Good game Maryville, your improving a great deal everygame. Hope the injury bugg leaves!