Cosby @ Cloudland

old24eagle

Back to the original topic, I think Cloudland wins. From what I hear Cole will be back and none of last weeks starters got injured . Cloudland has to limit Herzog and hold him to a minamum.Cosby has to slow down the rushing attack. If Cloudland can hold on to the ball,I think they've prevail. Should be a pretty good game . I'll be watching.

I just think with 1 school there would be more opportunities for kids.Kids would not have to play both ways.They could find out what position you are good at and work at that position.You could have alot of other sports for the kids.For basketball what there is 12 to 15 kids on the team so the best should make the team.You know even then if you are good enough to make the team.As for the education you could find what kids are good at and identify it.Then the school can have the stuff in place for the kids to help them prepare for the future.Pujo you yall are doing a great job with the little ones.Hope Cloudland comes together and gets the WIN.

Edited by rjp119

The only way for Cloudland to right the ship is bring Mike Lunsford back to Cloudland. The results speak for themselves. Cloudland is one of them magical places, kinda like Notre Dame is to college football. Not taking anything away from Hampton, but they just don't have the love for football that the Roan Mt. community has. I was talking to his brother the other night about the game at Cherokee in 2002. Our fanbase was freakin unbelievable. Now it is so depressing to go to a game, I've thought about packing up and moving. Think I'm crazy or not, the Cloudland program has always been very dear to my heart and to the people who ran our dear ball coach off, I hope the rest of your life is miserable.

I have heard several of the players say they wanted Lunsford back. I believe these boys want to win.

I don't like the Idea of Consolidating schools,think of how many kids that would never get the oppertunity of starting for a highschool team. For alot of kids,thats about all they've got. Think about five starters on a basketball team.The bigger the school,the harder to achieve. I do wish these small schools had more sports such as wrestling and sports that the bigger schools offer. I also think you can get an education at most any school. Thats up to the kids and parents.

:thumb: I once coached fro seevral years at a small school. The county consoliadted 4 county schools into one big school. Theconsoliadted school has won 2 state championships. However, the consolaidation took away from the community and school pride at the small schools. Those days were special.

• Upvote 1

I don't like the Idea of Consolidating schools,think of how many kids that would never get the oppertunity of starting for a highschool team. For alot of kids,thats about all they've got. Think about five starters on a basketball team.The bigger the school,the harder to achieve. I do wish these small schools had more sports such as wrestling and sports that the bigger schools offer. I also think you can get an education at most any school. Thats up to the kids and parents.

Neither do I like the idea of consolidation of these schools NOR the idea of Lunceford heading up the road. There were trouble makers there just as there has been here and that will never change. Yes, they may line the road....cheering if he came back, BUT there would still be a group just ready to cause problems. I, and the majority, love Lunceford and Jr. The crowd isn't as loud as id like but we have our group that makes up for it...My vote? LUNCEFORD STAYS...I got more kids a coming from Jr High dang it!
  • Upvote 1

I just think with 1 school there would be more opportunities for kids.Kids would not have to play both ways.They could find out what position you are good at and work at that position.You could have alot of other sports for the kids.For basketball what there is 12 to 15 kids on the team so the best should make the team.You know even then if you are good enough to make the team.As for the education you could find what kids are good at and identify it.Then the school can have the stuff in place for the kids to help them prepare for the future.Pujo you yall are doing a great job with the little ones.Hope Cloudland comes together and gets the WIN.

I agree with alot of the things you say,there is always good and bad with everything. Appreciate the words of praise,we like these kids and want them to become winners. Its a dandy bunch of kids and I really appreciate all the help I get from the other coaches and parents.

I believe cole will be back. I actually gained more respect for robbie friday night. Cole is a very talented player but sometimes loses his head on defense and makes not so smart plays. on a forth down he got a personal foul on one of those not so smart plays. it was early in the third qtr and was very costly but we were never going to win. robbie pulled cole out and told him he was done for the game. cole was mad and said you wont see me monday as most kids would have done and robbie said do what you have too. with the way players were dropping in the game it was smart to remove your best player and try to teach him a lesson at the same time. Coles a great talent but he needs to play smarter sometimes because against unaka he costed the team with a personal foul when he just slapped a player in the head long after the play. i love players being aggressive and dont mind the personal fouls coming from being to aggressive but do mind when they come from lack of composure.

I believe cole will be back. I actually gained more respect for robbie friday night. Cole is a very talented player but sometimes loses his head on defense and makes not so smart plays. on a forth down he got a personal foul on one of those not so smart plays. it was early in the third qtr and was very costly but we were never going to win. robbie pulled cole out and told him he was done for the game. cole was mad and said you wont see me monday as most kids would have done and robbie said do what you have too. with the way players were dropping in the game it was smart to remove your best player and try to teach him a lesson at the same time. Coles a great talent but he needs to play smarter sometimes because against unaka he costed the team with a personal foul when he just slapped a player in the head long after the play. i love players being aggressive and dont mind the personal fouls coming from being to aggressive but do mind when they come from lack of composure.

I agree, that was definately the right thing to do, it not only teaches this kid a lesson,but sends the right message to the rest of the team.Some personal fouls are accidental,some are just pure frustration and lack of disapline. Football is a game where you have to learn to play with harnessed aggretion.

i dont think robbie is a bad coach but i do wish he was more vocal. dosent seem to chew enough butt a lot of the time. when you have few in numbers i guess you cant chew quite as much as one would like. kids these days like to quit when they get thier feelings hurt. when mike was here he had better assistant coaches or at least lets say more experienced. we really need to get behind what ever coach is here and give them support. no coach can win without support from school and parents. its getting to the point were everyone is looking for any reason to throw off on robbie, like they were with kieth his last year. i think the cordell kid broke his arm at HV if i am not mistaking.

i dont think robbie is a bad coach but i do wish he was more vocal. dosent seem to chew enough butt a lot of the time. when you have few in numbers i guess you cant chew quite as much as one would like. kids these days like to quit when they get thier feelings hurt. when mike was here he had better assistant coaches or at least lets say more experienced. we really need to get behind what ever coach is here and give them support. no coach can win without support from school and parents. its getting to the point were everyone is looking for any reason to throw off on robbie, like they were with kieth his last year. i think the cordell kid broke his arm at HV if i am not mistaking.

I saw the Cordell kid and he was fine. I also believe you need to support the coach as long as he is the coach. If the powers that be thinks there needs to be a change, do it when the season is over.As far as assistants go ,I think Robbie has alot better help this season. Very dedicated bunch. Lack of players is the biggest issue as far as I'm concerned.