HAMPTON....Clicking on all 11 cylinders?

uknoit2

The Elizabethton Star and maybe a fan or two cant see it, but this ball club is coming together as a TEAM! You may only hear or read the names of one or two individuals, but understand this, it took eleven plus boys to win against Johnson County just as it will take 11+ boys to beat Happy Valley, Cloudland and Unaka. These young men are blessed with talent, heart and can play this game with the best of them. With the blocking I saw Friday night (from the 6 on the line to the wide-outs and tight-ends), we can run the ball on just about any team we desire. Remember, there is never just ONE great athlete on any successful team! The kid to whom that was referred is one of the best team players at Hampton. (The Eliz Star's 'SHEEK' is an idiot! Writes the same crap in basketball and knows jack about neither)....Boys, there's not a selfish one amongst you. Never forget, You never gained a single yard without the assistance of Buckles, Jenkins, Lyons, Jones, Olvera, Shell, and the list goes on! Im proud that this TEAM plays for the love of the game and not the article in the paper or the kudos from the crowd! BUT YOU MUST CONTINUE TO WORK AS 'ONE UNIT' AND IMPROVE DAY AFTER DAY.....BE PROUD TO BE A BULLDOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by uknoit2

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another kid who is really coming along is Hartly.You are correct in saying ,it was a complete TEAM effort. I've saw them play and this week was by far their best effort. Nothing more than attitude and the willingness to give their best effort the entire game. Johnson Co thought they were the better team and came up here to dominate,they met a focused bunch of Bulldogs that would have no part of it. Play like this the rest of the season and you could have a very successful season. Glad to hear Trussler will be back,big part of the team. I think as of today ,we are finally back to full strength. I'm also proud of the Edwards kid, he would have been a HUGE part of this bunch, but he goes out and supports the team just like he's still playing. You could see the excitment in him after the win the other night. That takes a special tpye of kid ,most kids couldn't care less if they were not involved.

. If they continue to give this type of effort, could very well go undefeated. Its a very few teams that ever take part in an undefeated season. Just need to go back to work. I'm also glad to be getting Trussler back,Big part of the team. I think this is the healthiest we've been since week 1.

Another kid who is really coming along is Hartly.You are correct in saying ,it was a complete TEAM effort. I've saw them play and this week was by far their best effort. Nothing more than attitude and the willingness to give their best effort the entire game. Johnson Co thought they were the better team and came up here to dominate,they met a focused bunch of Bulldogs that would have no part of it. Play like this the rest of the season and you could have a very successful season. Glad to hear Trussler will be back,big part of the team. I think as of today ,we are finally back to full strength. I'm also proud of the Edwards kid, he would have been a HUGE part of this bunch, but he goes out and supports the team just like he's still playing. You could see the excitment in him after the win the other night. That takes a special tpye of kid ,most kids couldn't care less if they were not involved.

Yes, I agree Jordan played like a man! Id sure have to think about leaving him there or find a positon where he could be as aggressive!

Edwards is a fine young man, think the world of him and hate he's injured.

My goodness, what a backfield if he were in there with the rest! There would sure be few QB sacks! Speaking of that, they must work hard on the 'pass-rush' blocking this week. They have the weapons to pass on any team IF Ward has the time to make better passes to the wide-outs and T.E.'s. (Block till the whistle sounds!!!)

GOOD practices, good attitudes, and conditoining will be the keys to upsetting Happy Valley and winning out in conf play!

. If they continue to give this type of effort, could very well go undefeated. Its a very few teams that ever take part in an undefeated season. Just need to go back to work. I'm also glad to be getting Trussler back,Big part of the team. I think this is the healthiest we've been since week 1.

I wanna know why Ward said hardly anyone was behind them the other night and that Unaka and Cloudland wanted to see Hampton get beat? You can't use Cloudland and Unaka in the same sentence. Its like Kings and vagabonds. I know me and my father went and rooted for Hampton all the way.

I believe he meant The Johnson City Press and all but one from The Eliz Star for picking them to loose...and the one that picked us to win only had us winning by one point. And maybe our fan base is a lil too quiet also! LOL to the "kings and vagabonds" comment! :thumb: Could also be that what fans they do hear at the fence are dogging them a lil too much!

Edited by uknoit2

The whole offensive line blocked great and if they don't, none of the backs go anywhere! I think most people realize this. I know I do. The offensive line does all the work and is hardly ever recognized. It is like this in college and the pros also that offensive line is never given much credit. It has just always been like that. The line blocked great Friday and the fullbacks had some of the best blocks I have ever seen on the perimeter. There were just some CRUSHING blocks by Atkins and Hartley. This team is not perfect but they are gritty are a better team now than they were at the first of the year. They very well could go undefeated but none of these next few games are going to be easy. Happy Valley is very good and the one I worry about the most!

I wanna know why Ward said hardly anyone was behind them the other night and that Unaka and Cloudland wanted to see Hampton get beat? You can't use Cloudland and Unaka in the same sentence. Its like Kings and vagabonds. I know me and my father went and rooted for Hampton all the way.

Region foe's always want to see rivals lose. it don't mean they dislike the others. I pull for Cloudland and Hampton. Kids are just kids whereever they go to school.

The whole offensive line blocked great and if they don't, none of the backs go anywhere! I think most people realize this. I know I do. The offensive line does all the work and is hardly ever recognized. It is like this in college and the pros also that offensive line is never given much credit. It has just always been like that. The line blocked great Friday and the fullbacks had some of the best blocks I have ever seen on the perimeter. There were just some CRUSHING blocks by Atkins and Hartley. This team is not perfect but they are gritty are a better team now than they were at the first of the year. They very well could go undefeated but none of these next few games are going to be easy. Happy Valley is very good and the one I worry about the most!

Awesome blocking by those you mentioned and Olvera and Jones....some neck jarring blocks on the longhorn's linebackers from these boys! And yes, they are not perfect...some silly mistakes and missed tackles....but that happens on every team! These boys suck it up and play football!

Its really got to do with how you execute the plays, yes ,the blocking was great,but they didn't miss blocks and they knew who to block. The backs and the QB also did a great job of following the blocks.They need to pass block a little better,but all in all, I'd give the tean an A. Anything less the other night and they would have lost. It just seems like ,they come together as a Team the other night.I really thought that this game would define the team ,if so they'll have a dandy season. ONE HEARTBEAT.

They do need to work on the pass blocking. Ward has to have time to at least set his feet and look downfield. Sometimes it is hard to know who to block in passing situations especially with blitzes coming. Sometimes they also send more than the line can block. It is just something they need some work on. They also need to have an audible or a "hot pass" in place when the defense is showing a blitz. This would take some pressure off. I know some of the lineman have been hurt and it is hard to work as one unit when you are having different people in there. I know they will get better at it.

Well, they're undefeated, so they must be doing something right. Don't really know the caliber of teams

they've played off the top of my noggin, but 5-0 is still 5-0, until someone takes it a way from 'em.

Anyway, GO DAWGS!! from ole Grunt & TC. Keep rolling.........

[/quote

******Well, they beat Johnson County twice and Unicoi (both 3A/4A schools)...to beat JC twice says alot! They beat Cosby at Cosby in a tropical storm! They also beat N Greene which wasn't much of a game....Happy Valley should be a real test for this team although we won't overlook Cloudland nor Unaka

Edited by uknoit2