Union City hosts Greenfield for Homecoming

jonathan8001

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew I would open some eyes. Folks, Union City plays ONLY 3 Seniors and a couple of Juniors. Lots of Sophmores and 1 Freshman. When you have a Jr. varsity game and B-team game....that is usually age kids that are Freshmen, Soph and some Juniors. That is what you are basically playing Union city. They are young.

last year, Union city had like 14 to 16 Seniors.....not this year. very young. That is the only statement I am making. Union City is rebuilding and not your tipical team with upper classmen.

So...just for example...when the O C rebels beat U C by 5 points..they were mainly using tons of upper classmen ( Junior / Seniors ). This comes with rebuilding teams.

Union City has not been that bad all year..just making mistakes. To this date have whipped every team they have played other than the rebels everywhere but the score...

take your shots now..really because come at least the next 3 years after this season, Union City should and will be one of the powerhouse single and doulbe AA teams around the state.

SO, exactly what are you saying? Those that follow the local programs know UC graduated a large senior group. OC graduated a large senior group as I'm sure SF and LC did. Fact remains, you have to suck up in the lean years and take what happens along with the good years. Otherwise, you end up with "fair weather fans" and students who only want to be involved when the team is in the good years. UC may be good the next few years, but in losing Chase I will have to see someone step up big time to fill those shoes. Also, the longer the Veer is run against the same opponents, the better it is defended. I will be interested in seeing how UC does against SF and Lake County in the coming weeks. Sounds like Lake County is using a "B-team" as well. Hope UC does well the rest of the season, but I see a tough road ahead of them, possibly for next year as well. Chase will be hard to replace.

Oh, and GO REBELS!!

SO, exactly what are you saying? Those that follow the local programs know UC graduated a large senior group. OC graduated a large senior group as I'm sure SF and LC did. Fact remains, you have to suck up in the lean years and take what happens along with the good years. Otherwise, you end up with "fair weather fans" and students who only want to be involved when the team is in the good years. UC may be good the next few years, but in losing Chase I will have to see someone step up big time to fill those shoes. Also, the longer the Veer is run against the same opponents, the better it is defended. I will be interested in seeing how UC does against SF and Lake County in the coming weeks. Sounds like Lake County is using a "B-team" as well. Hope UC does well the rest of the season, but I see a tough road ahead of them, possibly for next year as well. Chase will be hard to replace.

Oh, and GO REBELS!!

Ok...Union city is young...really young..the proof> 12 freshmen, 11 soph, 8 jrs and 3 sr.

And for your information, Travis Rutland, Soph, will be our QB next year. he starts now as a receiver and is good. he is fast, big, can throw and and run. He is #17.

Chase has been great at running the system...is very smart most of the time on the field. He will be very hard to replace...that is for sure.

Union City does have tough games left but you also have to understand like purle & gold stated.....we lost to upper class schools...no single A schools . TCA is private but plays public..recuited players.

One thing is, our goal was made last year in winning "Obion County's" first GOLD football and have the only other Silver Balls to match as well.

All jokes aside, UC is a good football team...They make youthful mistakes but they are physical, very physical...

bigster...If UC was playing Lake County's schedule they would be "winning" too...The two Fulton's are two of the worst football teams, and I use that term very loosely, around and Gibson County has lost what 15-16 games in a row ??...The only decent team the Falcons have played is Humboldt...Union City has only played 1 single A team this year...But it's all back to district games from now on....

Union City won't be in a very good mood come Friday night...

UC-45

G'Field-6

Union City will win big tonight.

Edited by choctaw2011

Nowhere in my thread have I said Lake Co has played a tough schedule.It is going to get tougher with Hayti tonight and Trenton next week.But like I said,weak schedule..Lake Co is winning.That's why I'm waiting to see how Lake Co does with Trenton next week..and we may get blowed out and how Union City does against Humboldt..I noticed Dresden beat Gibson Co worse than Lake Co did and Dresden also beat Trenton,a team that has beaten Union City.Dresden beat Halls handidly but I'd like to hear Tigertiger opinion on Dresden and Lake Co against Halls...So you never know one night to the next..Just because a team plays a weak schedule doesn't mean they are terrible...Other than Gibson Co..Lake Co has won by big scores against those teams and pulled the starters.And against Humboldt,Ricky Boyd,the starting tailback didn'y play but 2 snaps.But the way he fumbled against Gibson Co..may have been a good thing..I'm expecting betetr out of him tonight.!

Just pickin at ya ucgrad. UC may be young but so are other teams for the most part year in and year out. U have to take what u have and make the best of it and uc has done that this year and so has sf. I honestly cant wait to see what LC and SF can do against union city this season. I know if we plan on getting a victory over uc ever we better make it this year and i think we got a good chance. Good luck to yall the rest of the way except when yall play us. :thumb: