Gary Rankin Retiring After season?

Stealer007

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The poster who said that Rankin's run will continue is absolutely correct. Rankin is not going to move while his son is having so much success with his peers. I don't believe that he would allow his son to go through years of playing football with the same group of guys just to separate him from them once he is finally a senior.

Also, as of last night Rankin is 316-60 all-time as a head football coach. This is his 29th season as a head football coach (1982-1989 at Smith County; 1990-2005 at Riverdale; 2006-PRESENT at Alcoa). He is gunning for what could be his 9th State Championship this season. I believe that the idea of breaking the all-time record for victories and state championships for the state is something that Rankin cannot pass up.

Gary Rankin will be the head football coach at Alcoa in 2011..........MARK MY WORDS!

The poster who said that Rankin's run will continue is absolutely correct. Rankin is not going to move while his son is having so much success with his peers. I don't believe that he would allow his son to go through years of playing football with the same group of guys just to separate him from them once he is finally a senior.

Also, as of last night Rankin is 316-60 all-time as a head football coach. This is his 29th season as a head football coach (1982-1989 at Smith County; 1990-2005 at Riverdale; 2006-PRESENT at Alcoa). He is gunning for what could be his 9th State Championship this season. I believe that the idea of breaking the all-time record for victories and state championships for the state is something that Rankin cannot pass up.

Gary Rankin will be the head football coach at Alcoa in 2011..........MARK MY WORDS!

Do you know what the state record for victories is? Championships? Do you know who currently holds them? I agree with you, he is not going to move with his son being a rising senior, and I don't blame him - most parents wouldn't unless it was an absolute have to!