Catholic v Maryville

jrlcm

Classy move by Quarles at the end but the game was much closer than 28-14 would imply. Catholic had a great chance to score early after Wharton made a great play but fumbled deep in Maryville territory after a reception and long run, Wegzyn fumbled at the goal line when he fell. Silly me didn't think the ground could cause a fumble. Sacked the Maryville QB in the end zone which should have been a safety except Kerbyson must have swung him around to the point where the ball made forward progress to the 1" line. The Irish played fairly well but Maryville executed when it counted. Robinette made some great plays with his legs and Coach Quarles made two great call with the trick play and the long pass in the middle to the running back. WR made an incredible catch in the end zone. This was the sloppiest I've ever seen Maryville play though.

Good win for the Rebs!

Sloppee en all, ole Eyerish Meadows gut beet buy 14. Yuns gut fur kidz wit d1 uffers in curby, gastone, why-he-gone, en yur punter moth. Yuns gut tuns o tal, en wit cupper, war-ton, kolter, saw, more kolter, more saw, en yuns eevun gut a kenndy. Whut yuns ein't gut is a koach ora plan.

Sloppee en all, ole Eyerish Meadows gut beet buy 14. Yuns gut fur kidz wit d1 uffers in curby, gastone, why-he-gone, en yur punter moth. Yuns gut tuns o tal, en wit cupper, war-ton, kolter, saw, more kolter, more saw, en yuns eevun gut a kenndy. Whut yuns ein't gut is a koach ora plan.

Shtick (Yiddish: שטיק) (or schtick) is a comic theme or gimmick. "Shtick" is derived from the Yiddish word shtik (שטיק), meaning "piece"; the closely related German word Stück has the same meaning. The English word "piece" itself is also sometimes used in a similar context. Another variant is "bits of business" or just "bits"; comic mannerisms such as Laurel and Hardy's fiddling with their ties, or one of them looking into the camera shaking his head while the other one would ramble on. A shtick can also refer to an adopted persona, usually for comedy performances, that is maintained consistently (though not necessarily exclusively) across the performer's career. In this usage, the recurring personalities adopted by Laurel and Hardy through all of their many comedy films (despite the fact that they often played characters with different names and professions) would qualify as their shtick. A comedian might maintain several different shticks of this sort, particularly if they appear in a variety show that encourages them to develop multiple characters, such as Saturday Night Live.

In common usage, the word shtick has also come to mean any talent, style, habit, or other eccentricity for which a person is particularly well-known, even if not intended for comedic purposes. For example, a person who is known locally or on sports message boards by his ability to type in phonetic Appalachian American. In this context the shtick belongs to the original.

Yeah, saw that.

Because The Judge and The Bishop were there BC couldn't wait around for Meadows to sign his 2000 Alcoa state championship hat that he wore last night. (You people think I'm kidding....STARS saw the hat.) :popcorneater:

APB iz rite.....Yung Bee Cee could haiv got nervuss....What due ewe thank APB???..... :unsure: Eye'm wunderin' if 'un Bee Cee give hit a 75% - 85% effurt and did tha little thangs, and give a little extree two git that autograff??...... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

LOL...Yep...the neighborhood has just went down the drain.

Seriously, welcome mp4rebs to Maryville. The sooner we can turn you into a "we" the better. I was at that game in 77, I believe that was at Vanderbilt, wasn't it?

Let me tell you something about "WE" My cousin's son just happens to be an up and comer at Aloca.. Do we still want to harp on "WE" Because I can harp. I bet bet you drop the "WE" stuff quick!

Edited by bladerunner

Let me tell you something about "WE" My cousin's son just happens to be an up and comer at Aloca.. Do we still want to harp on "WE" Because I can harp. I bet bet you drop the "WE" stuff quick!

Calm down Berryblade, you are getting to excited. You need to know that my step cousin is the chief cook and bottle washer in the lunchroom at Jefferson Middle. I guess that makes me a WE Oak Ridge fan but only if the game is played on Thursday night.

Calm down Berryblade, you are getting to excited. You need to know that my step cousin is the chief cook and bottle washer in the lunchroom at Jefferson Middle. I guess that makes me a WE Oak Ridge fan but only if the game is played on Thursday night.

Hey 9,

I promise you that the "we" stuff stops after that one. They don't want me picking teams. Do you know what year MHS82 played? What is the big secret?

Edited by bladerunner

Do you know what year MHS82 played? What is the big secret?

That's the funny thing with screen names. Sometimes they seem so simple to figure out, and sometimes they aren't exactly what they seem to be. Kinda like personalized license plates. I'm betting Class of '82 or #82, but I don't know who MHS82 is, so it's just speculation.

The only thing I ever liked about Milan was Pappy's, and then I found out it closed down. They made the best milkshakes on planet earth.

In all seriousness mp, welcome to Mare-vul (also a proper prononciation). I'm originally from southeast of you on Hwy 104 and played for Stowe at the end.

LOL...Yep...the neighborhood has just went down the drain.

Seriously, welcome mp4rebs to Maryville. The sooner we can turn you into a "we" the better. I was at that game in 77, I believe that was at Vanderbilt, wasn't it?

Thanks guys, I'm glad to be here! The quality of life in East TN is great! Combine that with good football and I'm in heaven!

Here's to a great weekend...

Hey 9,

I promise you that the "we" stuff stops after that one. They don't want me picking teams. Do you know what year MHS82 played? What is the big secret?

I don't know who 82 is and I could care less. Do you really think anybody on this board cares if you start picking teams? What is your deal?

I don't know who 82 is and I could care less. Do you really think anybody on this board cares if you start picking teams? What is your deal?

He is beginning to obssess about a single poster like he has obssessed over every Maryville thread for two years. It is better to ignore him and let him marinate in his obssession.

He is beginning to obssess about a single poster like he has obssessed over every Maryville thread for two years. It is better to ignore him and let him marinate in his obssession.

I know that he is rebel crazy but when I have a little extra time, I like messing with him. Have you changed your name yet? Berryblade just might catch on. One more thing We,We,We,WE,We all the way home. That should be good for about five teams you want to pick.