OR vs Clinton

thekidd0086

I remember Eric Miller from the '95 season I think. Alcoa coach said he wasn't a Division 1 athlete, then went out and dropped about 2 bills on my beloved F5....tough kid.

oh yeah, i played football in boys club against eric miller, he was even good back then haha.. played baseball on the same team one year... his brother todd was a great linebacker for OS also, few years older than eric... that was 2 boys you didnt wanna mess with, they were both built like bill goldberg in his heyday and MEAN lol

I talked to one of clinton coaches last night and he tried to explain the playoff suituation. From what I gather clinton is pretty much guarenteed a play off spot if they beat either OR or AC. He said that even if clinton doesn't win either they still may get in. Im so confused right now anybody know how this new system works and what do AC and OR have to do to make it to the playoffs?

The top 2 teams in each district automaticly qualify for the playoffs. Then, the TSSAA will pick wildcard teams according to thier overall record and stuff like that. If you finish 6-4, your probably in, but 5-5 might make it a little harder. Every win is so important.

If cam plays decent look for the dragons to run the string to three on the mildcats.Cute andy has a new haircut and the dragons will be rested and ready.

I hope your right Opie. Im sure OR will come to Clinton "fired up" and ready to go, especially after losing last night.

I just hope our boys have a great week of practice and show up ready to play Thursday night! :thumb:

If cam plays decent look for the dragons to run the string to three on the mildcats.Cute andy has a new haircut and the dragons will be rested and ready.

The sad thing is that Opie is right ... I think my sister could throw the ball down field better then we can .. No kidding my sister has a great arm.

Edited by bladerunner

If clinton plays like they did against Powell, they will beat OR and AC. But they don't need to be thinking about AC right now. They need to be focused on OR and their extremly good D. Anybody they holds AC to 14 points is playing some good D. We can't have turnovers in this game and must play our best O. I'm extremly excited about this game cause the last couple of OR/clinton games have been really good ones. Hoping this one is and hoping and praying for no injuries on either side.

If clinton plays like they did against Powell, they will beat OR and AC. But they don't need to be thinking about AC right now. They need to be focused on OR and their extremly good D. Anybody they holds AC to 14 points is playing some good D. We can't have turnovers in this game and must play our best O. I'm extremly excited about this game cause the last couple of OR/clinton games have been really good ones. Hoping this one is and hoping and praying for no injuries on either side.

Same here thekidd0086.

I talked to one of clinton coaches last night and he tried to explain the playoff suituation. From what I gather clinton is pretty much guarenteed a play off spot if they beat either OR or AC. He said that even if clinton doesn't win either they still may get in. Im so confused right now anybody know how this new system works and what do AC and OR have to do to make it to the playoffs?

Clinton is in for sure with a 5th win. It would be cutting it very close if they do not win 1 of these last 2. they could also end up being placed in quad 1 due to 1 or 2 teams in that area coming up short of 5 wins (Cherokee and Crockett). so the question for Dragon fans: which team do you feel more confident in beating, Oak Ridge or Anderson Co.? You gotta have 1 of em.

Anderson Co. is already in, just trying to win to improve seeding. Oak Ridge better win again if they're gonna make it.

Edited by crawdad

Clinton is in for sure with a 5th win. It would be cutting it very close if they do not win 1 of these last 2. they could also end up being placed in quad 1 due to 1 or 2 teams in that area coming up short of 5 wins (Cherokee and Crockett). so the question for Dragon fans: which team do you feel more confident in beating, Oak Ridge or Anderson Co.? You gotta have 1 of em.

Anderson Co. is already in, just trying to win to improve seeding. Oak Ridge better win again if they're gonna make it.

Usually an off week will help a team, but i wouldnt be surprised to see Clinton come out flat Thursday night. Clinton needs to come out and play like they dont have anything to lose and just have fun. I mean, we still have a chance to go to the playoffs, but realistically, we are a young team and we need to start playing better as a team. Good luck and hopefully no injuries to either team Thursday night.

Usually an off week will help a team, but i wouldnt be surprised to see Clinton come out flat Thursday night. Clinton needs to come out and play like they dont have anything to lose and just have fun. I mean, we still have a chance to go to the playoffs, but realistically, we are a young team and we need to start playing better as a team. Good luck and hopefully no injuries to either team Thursday night.

Oak Ridge knows they are assured a playoff spot with a win over hapless Campbell Co. next week to give them that important 5th win. Coupled with the fact it is at home, I like the Dragons chances in this one more than traveling to Anderson Co. next week. Get em while you can. I still think you might get in with only 4 wins in 5A

Oak Ridge knows they are assured a playoff spot with a win over hapless Campbell Co. next week to give them that important 5th win. Coupled with the fact it is at home, I like the Dragons chances in this one more than traveling to Anderson Co. next week. Get em while you can. I still think you might get in with only 4 wins in 5A

from listening to the wildcats radio announcers oak ridge will be lucky to get in with a 6th win, let alone 5th, unless hardin valley loses another game...