OR vs Clinton

thekidd0086

from listening to the wildcats radio announcers oak ridge will be lucky to get in with a 6th win, let alone 5th, unless hardin valley loses another game...

That may be right....probably easier to get in with 5 wins as a 5A team than for a 6A team because of all the districts with the 2 mixed. The larger teams probably win more of the mixed class games. Still Oak Ridge may get the shaft with 5 wins due to Coffee Co. finishing 2nd in district 6 and getting the auto qualifier spot with only 2 wins for the season. that just aint right TSSAA!!!! :angry:

That may be right....probably easier to get in with 5 wins as a 5A team than for a 6A team because of all the districts with the 2 mixed. The larger teams probably win more of the mixed class games. Still Oak Ridge may get the shaft with 5 wins due to Coffee Co. finishing 2nd in district 6 and getting the auto qualifier spot with only 2 wins for the season. that just aint right TSSAA!!!! :angry:

yeah, that is very gay to say the least... yeah, so oak ridge is pretty much in a HAVE to win situation at clinton thursday night to get in the playoffs.. hopefully that will give them the motivation they need...never know with this oak ridge team... there a different team every week out seems like, no consistency whatsoever

Well crawdad, White Co. and Cumberland Co. still have to play each other and if White Co. wins, they would take over the #2 spot i believe. White Co. and Cumberland are both 4-4 right now i believe. So it still has time to work itself out. We dont need any 2 win teams in the playoffs again this year.

Well crawdad, White Co. and Cumberland Co. still have to play each other and if White Co. wins, they would take over the #2 spot i believe. White Co. and Cumberland are both 4-4 right now i believe. So it still has time to work itself out. We dont need any 2 win teams in the playoffs again this year.

You are correct 92...nice work. Agreed ...no 2 win teams need apply.. Actually White Co. and Cumberland Co. are both competing with Clinton to get in with 5 wins. Each of those two have 2 shots at it just like Clinton. White Co. will play a 5 win Shelbyville team that just upset Tullahoma to punch their playoff ticket and Cumberland Co. will play Kingston. Both of those could put the squeeze on Clinton by winning their 5th games this week and 1 getting a 6th when they meet head to head.

Bottom line for Clinton and Oak Ridge: win baby win. There is a lot on the line for this one. I'm getting excited just thinking about it and I won't even be there. What is the recent history is this one? I'm assuming they play every year due to the proximity but think Anderson Co. is considered a bigger rival for the Dragons?

You are correct 92...nice work. Agreed ...no 2 win teams need apply.. Actually White Co. and Cumberland Co. are both competing with Clinton to get in with 5 wins. Each of those two have 2 shots at it just like Clinton. White Co. will play a 5 win Shelbyville team that just upset Tullahoma to punch their playoff ticket and Cumberland Co. will play Kingston. Both of those could put the squeeze on Clinton by winning their 5th games this week and 1 getting a 6th when they meet head to head.

Bottom line for Clinton and Oak Ridge: win baby win. There is a lot on the line for this one. I'm getting excited just thinking about it and I won't even be there. What is the recent history is this one? I'm assuming they play every year due to the proximity but think Anderson Co. is considered a bigger rival for the Dragons?

clinton fans can say all they want that AC is there biggest rival, but the oak ridge clinton series has wayyyy more history... the all time series is 36-12 in favor of oak ridge, but i think clinton has won the last 2 or 3...i know in 05 it was 74-0 oak ridge :/ lol jk 92 dragon! lol... i think deep down clinton would rather beat oak ridge than anderson county, just because it means more with the history of oak ridge... just my opinion..

clinton fans can say all they want that AC is there biggest rival, but the oak ridge clinton series has wayyyy more history... the all time series is 36-12 in favor of oak ridge, but i think clinton has won the last 2 or 3...i know in 05 it was 74-0 oak ridge :/ lol jk 92 dragon! lol... i think deep down clinton would rather beat oak ridge than anderson county, just because it means more with the history of oak ridge... just my opinion..

thanks for the history SS. This should be a good one...hope it is an overflow crowd...the kids deserve it.

Would the Wildcats be happy to get in a an 8 seed and come to Kingsport to play old rival Dobyns-Bennett?

thanks for the history SS. This should be a good one...hope it is an overflow crowd...the kids deserve it.

Would the Wildcats be happy to get in a an 8 seed and come to Kingsport to play old rival Dobyns-Bennett?

shoot yeah, even though wed probably lose, at this point in our program were just not up to par with DB.. yall had your few down years, thats where we are now.. id give anything to play DB... would be good for all of the young kids on oak ridges team.. oak ridge is loaded with young players.. oak ridge has a better future ahead, just hard to be patient right now lol.. thats what you get though when your so used to winning.. i have been a part of and attended many many great OR DB games in the past, GREAT SERIES

I actually believe that OR is our biggest rival, but then again i am old school. Todays younger fans might think it is AC. Now we are AC's biggest rival game, but i just dont feel the same myself.

shoot yeah, even though wed probably lose, at this point in our program were just not up to par with DB.. yall had your few down years, thats where we are now.. id give anything to play DB... would be good for all of the young kids on oak ridges team.. oak ridge is loaded with young players.. oak ridge has a better future ahead, just hard to be patient right now lol.. thats what you get though when your so used to winning.. i have been a part of and attended many many great OR DB games in the past, GREAT SERIES

We played DB the last 2 seasons, but i dont think we are playing again next year. OR should try to pick up DB again IMO, it was always a great rivalry!

We played DB the last 2 seasons, but i dont think we are playing again next year. OR should try to pick up DB again IMO, it was always a great rivalry!

i agree with you dragon... to the old school fans oak ridge is and always will be clintons main rival.. it kinda makes me think of the florida tennessee game.. all the younger fans of today think there is no rival like florida... well, i got news for them.. until 1990 tenn and fla never played... there is no more hated rival than the alabama crimson tide in my book, and never will be..

i agree with you dragon... to the old school fans oak ridge is and always will be clintons main rival.. it kinda makes me think of the florida tennessee game.. all the younger fans of today think there is no rival like florida... well, i got news for them.. until 1990 tenn and fla never played... there is no more hated rival than the alabama crimson tide in my book, and never will be..

true dat! there is just something in the air when we play each other...electricity! OR can be 8-0 and we can be 0-8 and we still get fired up to play OR and im sure the same goes for you guys as well.

To me, AC is just another game on the schedule...but OR gets our blood flowing...lol

Edited by 92Dragon