OR vs Clinton

thekidd0086

I just saw the worst call I've ever seen in high school football and I've been around the game for most of my 57 years. Clinton just got screwed.

I agree, the ball touched the ground immediately after the kicker kicked the ball. It then jumped into the air and then the player caught it before it touched the ground again. The refs made a horrible call. I am not a fan of either team, I am a Bearden fan and just like to see good football played without the officials screwing it up.

I agree, the ball touched the ground immediately after the kicker kicked the ball. It then jumped into the air and then the player caught it before it touched the ground again. The refs made a horrible call. I am not a fan of either team, I am a Bearden fan and just like to see good football played without the officials screwing it up.

wasnt the officials fault folks, its tssaa rules that on an onside kick the ball has to touch the ground before the other team recovers it.. blame the tssaa, not the refs... it is a gay rule, but it is what it is... bottom line is oak ridge ran the ball down clintons throat all night long and had 2 100 yd rushers, including oak ridges qb... even if that rule isnt in effect, and clinton gets the ball there they still woulda had to score and hold oak ridge on offense, which wasnt gonna happen.. hats off to both teams, but from what i saw on tv oak ridge just put a beating on clinton up front and in the toughness department tonight.. zulliger was flattening clinton players all night long and oak ridges d wasnt hitting clinton HARD and often... i bet camion patrick hasnt been hit harder his whole career and i bet he hasnt been held to as little yards tonight as he ever has.. be willing to bet money on that... kudos to both teams, but oak ridge is just the tougher more physical team at this point and they proved it tonight.

and if you believe that that ball hit the ground before the clinton player fumbled it your on crack, he caught it in midair.. its the rules, as gay as it is..

wasnt the officials fault folks, its tssaa rules that on an onside kick the ball has to touch the ground before the other team recovers it.. blame the tssaa, not the refs... it is a gay rule, but it is what it is... bottom line is oak ridge ran the ball down clintons throat all night long and had 2 100 yd rushers, including oak ridges qb... even if that rule isnt in effect, and clinton gets the ball there they still woulda had to score and hold oak ridge on offense, which wasnt gonna happen.. hats off to both teams, but from what i saw on tv oak ridge just put a beating on clinton up front and in the toughness department tonight.. zulliger was flattening clinton players all night long and oak ridges d wasnt hitting clinton HARD and often... i bet camion patrick hasnt been hit harder his whole career and i bet he hasnt been held to as little yards tonight as he ever has.. be willing to bet money on that... kudos to both teams, but oak ridge is just the tougher more physical team at this point and they proved it tonight.

It is not a TSSAA rule. It is a NFHS rule. 48 of the 50 states play by NFHS rules. The call was correct as long as the ball didn't hit the ground first. However, the enforcement of the penalty was incorrect.

Oak Ridge should have had the option of taking an awarded fair catch at the spot where Clinton caught it or back Clinton up 15 yards and make them kick again. Instead, 15 yards was added on to where Clinton caught the ball.

The call was correct, the enforcement wasn't.

It is not a TSSAA rule. It is a NFHS rule. 48 of the 50 states play by NFHS rules. The call was correct as long as the ball didn't hit the ground first. However, the enforcement of the penalty was incorrect.

Oak Ridge should have had the option of taking an awarded fair catch at the spot where Clinton caught it or back Clinton up 15 yards and make them kick again. Instead, 15 yards was added on to where Clinton caught the ball.

The call was correct, the enforcement wasn't.

well, it is what it is man,,, clinton wasnt gonna stop oak ridges ground game tonight regardless, its a mute point..if it was a deciding factor in the outcome of the game then thats a diff story..

Being a Clinton grad and having a cuz playing for Oak Ridge i was pulling for both teams.But I will have to admit that call didnt matter one way or another because Oak Ridge is a much better team and I thought Oak Ridge could have won by alot more.Two missed TDs on those pass plays and alot of shooting there selves in the foot.Jose V is a beast of a man and Rocky couldve went for 300yds if he got more carries.I was suprised about patrick for Clinton.Hes got alot of hype and I think Dee Shannon and Daniels(fun to watch) are just as good if not better than Patrick.But I really think that may have been Clintons last shot at beating Oak Ridge for a long time.Its crazy to c how many great sophs Oak Ridge have.Whats gonna be Blades first full class of boys are making him look good.They might be really good next year.I also hear people talking bout how back in the day Oak Ridge was good but not feared anymore.Didnt they have one heck of a team that just killed people and went to state in 2005.Whens the last time anybody in this district has been to state.Anyway fun game and forget about this one quick Clinton because you have a huge game next week

Being a Clinton grad and having a cuz playing for Oak Ridge i was pulling for both teams.But I will have to admit that call didnt matter one way or another because Oak Ridge is a much better team and I thought Oak Ridge could have won by alot more.Two missed TDs on those pass plays and alot of shooting there selves in the foot.Jose V is a beast of a man and Rocky couldve went for 300yds if he got more carries.I was suprised about patrick for Clinton.Hes got alot of hype and I think Dee Shannon and Daniels(fun to watch) are just as good if not better than Patrick.But I really think that may have been Clintons last shot at beating Oak Ridge for a long time.Its crazy to c how many great sophs Oak Ridge have.Whats gonna be Blades first full class of boys are making him look good.They might be really good next year.I also hear people talking bout how back in the day Oak Ridge was good but not feared anymore.Didnt they have one heck of a team that just killed people and went to state in 2005.Whens the last time anybody in this district has been to state.Anyway fun game and forget about this one quick Clinton because you have a huge game next week

very true man, this game coulda been worse... oak ridge had some deflating turnovers on really good drives where they were maybe if not gonna score a touchdown and yes 2 missed pass plays that coulda gone for td's as well... im with you, patrick didnt impress me at all tonight, kinda played like what the heck kinda ball. lacadaisical kinda... not impressive

I just saw the worst call I've ever seen in high school football and I've been around the game for most of my 57 years. Clinton just got screwed.

You must have missed the game last year bc Oak Ridge recovered the onside kick clear as day and the ref gave it to Clinton anyway.That call cost Oak Ridge the game.The call your talking bout wasnt goin to stop Clinton from gettin a beatdown