OR vs Clinton

thekidd0086

well yeah, i can agree with that... i was talking more on the level of overall quality... parking,seating, the venue (big eds pizza),tradition of the steps, just the overall gameday experience... to me, and i know i am biased but oak ridge is a unique place to play..

Oak Ridge used to be an intimidating place to play. Most teams didnt go there and leave with a win. Our little teams of 45 players or so would be standing on the sidelines, while OR's players of over 100 would be walking down those steps like an army or something......very intimidating back in the days.....not so much anymore, Oak Ridge needs to get that intimidation factor back.

Im pulling for Clinton it will help AC out.But oak Ridge will win I hope im wrong.... :popcorneater:

Just because AC cant beat OR doesnt mean we cant space...lol jk...this is going to be a tough game for Clinton to win IMO. We were lucky to come out of OR last year with a win, and i dont think it will be any easier to win this year.

Oak Ridge used to be an intimidating place to play. Most teams didnt go there and leave with a win. Our little teams of 45 players or so would be standing on the sidelines, while OR's players of over 100 would be walking down those steps like an army or something......very intimidating back in the days.....not so much anymore, Oak Ridge needs to get that intimidation factor back.

true, but out of all them players about 25 played played, most of them didnt even play, they were just "there" so to speak... rode the pine for 3 years...we will be back, we have been this down before and worked our way back... maryville and alcoa will go through it, it happens to all great programs..

ill have to see him play in person before i make any kind of comparisons to a guy like whitt lol... i grew up shawn summers was the guy at OR... there have been guys with more talent come through oak ridge, even a few i went to school with, but none had the heart summers did... best high school FOOTBALL player i have ever seen.. not the most athletic, but the best complete FOOTBALL player.. just awesome

Sorry to chime in on your conversation. Shawn Summers was the best HS football player I've ever seen. But for pure heart, Spencer Gulmire.

Sorry to chime in on your conversation. Shawn Summers was the best HS football player I've ever seen. But for pure heart, Spencer Gulmire.

make a good argument there govolsknox... spencer was in a class by himself... him and summers were in the same mold... still will never forget spencer running over and literally walking over nick reveiz against farragut in 05... you are correct my friend..

make a good argument there govolsknox... spencer was in a class by himself... him and summers were in the same mold... still will never forget spencer running over and literally walking over nick reveiz against farragut in 05... you are correct my friend..