OR vs Clinton

thekidd0086

Being a Clinton grad and having a cuz playing for Oak Ridge i was pulling for both teams.But I will have to admit that call didnt matter one way or another because Oak Ridge is a much better team and I thought Oak Ridge could have won by alot more.Two missed TDs on those pass plays and alot of shooting there selves in the foot.Jose V is a beast of a man and Rocky couldve went for 300yds if he got more carries.I was suprised about patrick for Clinton.Hes got alot of hype and I think Dee Shannon and Daniels(fun to watch) are just as good if not better than Patrick.But I really think that may have been Clintons last shot at beating Oak Ridge for a long time.Its crazy to c how many great sophs Oak Ridge have.Whats gonna be Blades first full class of boys are making him look good.They might be really good next year.I also hear people talking bout how back in the day Oak Ridge was good but not feared anymore.Didnt they have one heck of a team that just killed people and went to state in 2005.Whens the last time anybody in this district has been to state.Anyway fun game and forget about this one quick Clinton because you have a huge game next week

yep, elliott norman #6 for OR, a sophomore... watch out for this guy the next few years... i have seen this guy make some devastating hits all year.. give this guy 2 years in the weight room an he is gonna be laying folks out.. elliott packs a whallop, man.

very true man, this game coulda been worse... oak ridge had some deflating turnovers on really good drives where they were maybe if not gonna score a touchdown and yes 2 missed pass plays that coulda gone for td's as well... im with you, patrick didnt impress me at all tonight, kinda played like what the heck kinda ball. lacadaisical kinda... not impressive

Daniels needs the ball more.He can fly.I watched patrick play a couple of basketball games last year and he didnt even score.Hes a great kid from when i have talked to him but he is kinda shy and has no mean streak at all.He dont like contact either from when ive played bball with him.Hes over hyped and thats not his fault.But more important than sports is he is a good kid and he will get better as long he stays like he is.I cant belive how good Oak Ridges young kids are.I heard on the radio jose has offers from Syracuse and Kent ST and Vandy is coming this week to offer.He is much better than the guy from harriman thats going to kentucky.He could add alot of weight easy.He is 265 of all muscle.

• Upvote 1

yep, elliott norman #6 for OR, a sophomore... watch out for this guy the next few years... i have seen this guy make some devastating hits all year.. give this guy 2 years in the weight room an he is gonna be laying folks out.. elliott packs a whallop, man.

Yea I seen him on tv kill that guy from Maryville.He will go d1.2 years with blade and these guys will be huge.Zack and Jose really got big after blade took over.Its amazing how much that last coach brought OR down bc i remember how good they were 5 years ago when they beat Clinton 74 0.Wait and c how good Oak Ridge is in 2 years after Blade has had a full 4 years to bulk a senior class up and 4 years of great teaching.They have a really bright future.Heck they lost this year to a couple of number one in state teams and came to the last play on 2 other games aganist good teams and they start 9 ....9...9....9....9. SOPHS.

Yea I seen him on tv kill that guy from Maryville.He will go d1.2 years with blade and these guys will be huge.Zack and Jose really got big after blade took over.Its amazing how much that last coach brought OR down bc i remember how good they were 5 years ago when they beat Clinton 74 0.Wait and c how good Oak Ridge is in 2 years after Blade has had a full 4 years to bulk a senior class up and 4 years of great teaching.They have a really bright future.Heck they lost this year to a couple of number one in state teams and came to the last play on 2 other games aganist good teams and they start 9 ....9...9....9....9. SOPHS.

your right man, patrick is a class kid, and thats more important than being a football player... i agree though, he needs to toughen up a bit, but he is a soph... but elliott norman is a soph too, and he is a freaking headhunter out there... being mean is something you cant teach... you either are, or your just not..yeah, i think oak ridge is on the up.. i have been a oak ridge die hard my whole life, and its been bad these past couple years and we tend to overlook the fact of how young this team is... oak ridge maryville game honestly should have been a lot closer than it was, and in the powell game, we never even gave ourselves a chance..that game was over in the 1st 10 minutes of the game...all credit to maryville and powell though, they took advantage of OR's mistakes and beat us...

Yea I think Patrick will be good and its not fair to Patrick to compare him to scotty whitt.Thats when I watched alot of Clinton games and he was on another planet than Patrick.Living in Clinton this long i have heard them over hype are teams and players for years.Last year they were saying Stone could go anywhere in D1 he wanted and how that was one of the best Clinton teams of all time.Stone was a great high school player but i knew he wasnt goin D1.I loved watching Hazelhurst but i knew if Gulmire didnt go D1 then he sure wasnt.My cuz is R.Gray and I would love to c him go D1.But I know not to many players are jason mccadleys.Anyway its hard to get killed like we did tonight but this cheering for Oak Ridge and getting to know the fans has been great.There is nothin like a friday nite at Bship with the steps and the big crowds every week.Everybody gets pumped to play Oak Ridge and u can just feel the love of football and how much it means to be a wildcat.Nobody can take away 8 state chips and a national title.Heck my poor dragons have never won a title in any sport.Good luck to both teams and Im ready for Clinton vs AC

Yea I think Patrick will be good and its not fair to Patrick to compare him to scotty whitt.Thats when I watched alot of Clinton games and he was on another planet than Patrick.Living in Clinton this long i have heard them over hype are teams and players for years.Last year they were saying Stone could go anywhere in D1 he wanted and how that was one of the best Clinton teams of all time.Stone was a great high school player but i knew he wasnt goin D1.I loved watching Hazelhurst but i knew if Gulmire didnt go D1 then he sure wasnt.My cuz is R.Gray and I would love to c him go D1.But I know not to many players are jason mccadleys.Anyway its hard to get killed like we did tonight but this cheering for Oak Ridge and getting to know the fans has been great.There is nothin like a friday nite at Bship with the steps and the big crowds every week.Everybody gets pumped to play Oak Ridge and u can just feel the love of football and how much it means to be a wildcat.Nobody can take away 8 state chips and a national title.Heck my poor dragons have never won a title in any sport.Good luck to both teams and Im ready for Clinton vs AC

yes, scotty whitts and shawn summers and mccaddleys come around about ahhh once every 20 or 30 years... comparing guys to those players is just unrealistic... mccaddley played in the nfl for about 8 years... yes, hazelhurst was very tough and to be honest clinton is missing that big bruising running back like wesley was... clinton just didnt look physical at all to me, they looked kinda weak upfront, and oak ridge was just meaner than they were..i dont know much about clinton though, they may be as young as oak ridge is for all i know...yes, if gulmire wasnt going d1 then weston wasnt... weston was good, but not on the same level as gulmire, but gulmire did have some hellacious lines blocking for him.. the backs and receivers and qb;s get all the glory, but them boys upfront if it wasnt for them wed never hear about the skill players.. i love the linemen and linebackers etc... the guys who do the dirty work lol...yeah man, i know clinton fans get tired of hearing about oak ridge, i know how it is man... clinton has always been a good little tough football team though, and the majority of the games between the schools have always been hard fought, especially when gaylor was there.. hold your head up... and gray has a lot of natural ability.. if brad had of caught him in stride tonight he woulda had 7 brother

You must have missed the game last year bc Oak Ridge recovered the onside kick clear as day and the ref gave it to Clinton anyway.That call cost Oak Ridge the game.The call your talking bout wasnt goin to stop Clinton from gettin a beatdown

I did miss that one. It is definitely the referee's call that the ball never touched the ground from the tee to the Clinton player's hands but I bet that the ball should have been blown dead at that point or re-kicked. If I'm wrong about the rule, so be it--I've been wrong before and I generally never criticize the officials.

In any case, good game. I'm just a fan of high school football and can appreciate the history of Oak Ridge football and also what Andy Shattuck is doing at Clinton.