who wins 6a state championship

csa

I don't hate Brighton but I do know that they haven't played great competition this year and everybody is drinking their koolaid. Also get your facts straight I have no connection to Siegel High school. I am simply a Rutherford Co. high school football fan. I think this is the best 6A district in the state and I like the competition around the area.

Brighton is like Arlington was last year, run a spread, scored a lot of points against little competition, were 10-0, and lost in the first round of the playoffs. Not sayin they were a bad team.....

Edited by team3

Maryville, DB, AND Oakland are all in the eastern part of the state for playoff purposes, so only ONE of them will be playing for the Gold Ball. As it stands now it looks like DB will get beyond the first round this year, but will choke on the second or third game. A team coming out of Memphis to play for the Gold Ball is a once every 5-10 year thing and they had their turn last year.

I figure it will be Oakland vs Brentwood for the Gold Ball this year.

Maryville, DB, AND Oakland are all in the eastern part of the state for playoff purposes, so only ONE of them will be playing for the Gold Ball. As it stands now it looks like DB will get beyond the first round this year, but will choke on the second or third game. A team coming out of Memphis to play for the Gold Ball is a once every 5-10 year thing and they had their turn last year.

I figure it will be Oakland vs Brentwood for the Gold Ball this year.

I can understand how you feel about DB because of their struggles in the past years in the playoffs, but I would not consider this team as one that will choke. They have speed and size at all positions and are more determined than ever to get the monkey off their back. I believe this is the year and DB team that can win it all.