Alcoa @ Stone Memorial

F5seekshelter

Dang, must have struck a nerve... and it seems your "lack of attention to detail" is the same as I heard the other night. I am not mr "CC" HS . Just one "C" there pal....:) I am just pointing out what I heard and said it does take a lot to do that job. I have no affiliation with either school. But it is that same kind of attitude you are exhibiting that sure makes it hard to pull for the Panthers... I like as many folks over there at your school as I do across town. Just simply pointed out, that it sure needed work. I mean come on... How hard is it to know how to pronounce the opposing teams QB's name??? If I, for one, was unsure, Those are the kind of questions I would ask, before fouling up some kid's surname before the thousands or so in the crowd, that might be listening.?. Quite a responsibility... Just takes a little pre-game prep... or maybe they just don't care???

Either way... no I don't want that job. LOL

no nerve struck here mr,chs93 but your going to bash a man that did play by play for the first time.like i said if you know of anybody that can live up to your standards send him our way since that you can't do it but sit back and judge someone.and what has SMHS done so bad that we cant get your support.oh thats rite you judged us and one last thing i,m not your PAL...see i judged you

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no nerve struck here mr,chs93 but your going to bash a man that did play by play for the first time.like i said if you know of anybody that can live up to your standards send him our way since that you can't do it but sit back and judge someone.and what has SMHS done so bad that we cant get your support.oh thats rite you judged us and one last thing i,m not your PAL...see i judged you

Not sure I bashed, but Yes, I judged the "Job done by the P.A. person that night." As will everyone who sits in those stands and listens. And I don't judge the school by the actions of one individual... The Man who used to do that job, R.I.P., did a fine job and had experience, So yes, big shoes to fill....

I merely pointed out, that the responsibility of that Job, is quite tremendous. If the P.A. announcer mis-pronounces a name, intentional or not... It can have far-reaching effects. No one wants the pronunciation of their surname butchered, do they? So those who do put a mic in their hand have the responsibility to "Get it right" to the best of their ability...

And last... I am sure the majority of fans at high school football games just want the info I mentioned above in my initial post and not a Cheerleader... :) There is a whole Topic on CoachT about this very subject. As I said earlier, the students take care of the Cheer- Leading, along with the student body...

Good day... neighbor and non-friend ... lol

Edited by mr chs93

There are thousands at a SMHS game?

"Entrissin."

I would probably estimate there were 3-4 thousand at SMHS last Friday night... Yeah no kidding.... shux, maybe more??? Maybe the P.A. guy has that figure? lol

Not at the level of a Alcoa- Maryville matchup, but Darn good fer round here on the Plateau...

Im starting to think people want Alcoa to move up so their team doesnt get slaughtered by them and they can enjoy football into the middle of November for once. Alcoa has already beaten arguably the best team in 6A. What more do you want? Oh yea, forgot we have to play Tulsa Union, Trinity, South Panola, Phoebus, De La Salle, Maryville, Hoover, North Gwinnett, and Oak Ridge and Farragut (because people actually think they're powerhouses for some reason even though neither has won a championship in what, 20 years?)

fixed... :roflol:

If you're trying to make the point that CAK's non-district games are not very tough then I would agree. But I don't think there is much that a tougher non-district schedule would do for us at this point to help us make a "run" in the playoffs. That would suggest that those tougher games would somehow have enabled CAK to beat Alcoa in round 2 the past several years. Given the limited number of players CAK has (54 including freshmen) and that not very many of them have the DNA makeup of your typical football player, I would suggest that a tougher schedule would simply get the Warriors more beat up and therefore less capable to compete.

I agree completely. A tougher non-conference schedule would simply get CAK more nicked and dinged up. It seems to me that his observation about CAK's non-district schedule was simply another attempt to make CAK fans feel less positive about what their football program has been able to accomplish. With all the success that Alcoa has had, I simply do not understand the compulsion some (not all) of Alcoa's fans feel to deride, denigrate or otherwise rain on the relatively smaller parades of other teams and their fans. I'll say it loud and clear for all the world to hear--Alcoa is THE HS football program in TN; its players are football demi-gods, with so much more natural talent than any other team's players, and they work so much harder, and their coaches are so much smarter. We all pale in comparison, and we realize that and have come to grips with it. But that's not enough for some of you Alcoa fans--no, you have to rub salt in the wound by belittling CAK's schedule. Is that the way you would want to be treated if the shoe were on your foot?

With all the success that Alcoa has had, I simply do not understand the compulsion some (not all) of Alcoa's fans feel to deride, denigrate or otherwise rain on the relatively smaller parades of other teams and their fans.

What planet have you been living on this year??

CAK fan has thrown their share of stones this year, although the target they picked might not be the one to be singled out. :unsure:

Don't kick the sleeping dog, boys.

What planet have you been living on this year??

CAK fan has thrown their share of stones this year, although the target they picked might not be the one to be singled out. :unsure:

Don't kick the sleeping dog, boys.

Pluto, though I think they've even decided it's not really a planet anymore. I'm not cakfan and don't keep up with all of his/her posts. What I noticed was, in a thread NOT about CAK, you first taking a sideswipe at CAK's strength of schedule, implying that CAK's chances of beating Alcoa's 95 players (only a few of whom are out of zone I've been told) with CAK's 55 players (including freshmen and no "out of zone" players) might be better if CAK played a tougher non-district schedule. Don't know what that has to do with Alcoa vs. Stone Memorial--was apparently just an opportunity to take a shot at CAK that couldn't be passed up. Then, another Alcoa fan (apparently) named bcsportsfan followed your lead and piled on--piled on footballdad, whom I've never seen cast any "stones" at Alcoa. So, the planet I live on is one where people who don't deserve cheap shots don't get cheap shots taken at them. As the kids say these days...just sayin'.

Pluto, though I think they've even decided it's not really a planet anymore. I'm not cakfan and don't keep up with all of his/her posts. What I noticed was, in a thread NOT about CAK, you first taking a sideswipe at CAK's strength of schedule, implying that CAK's chances of beating Alcoa's 95 players (only a few of whom are out of zone I've been told) with CAK's 55 players (including freshmen and no "out of zone" players) might be better if CAK played a tougher non-district schedule. Don't know what that has to do with Alcoa vs. Stone Memorial--was apparently just an opportunity to take a shot at CAK that couldn't be passed up. Then, another Alcoa fan (apparently) named bcsportsfan followed your lead and piled on--piled on footballdad, whom I've never seen cast any "stones" at Alcoa. So, the planet I live on is one where people who don't deserve cheap shots don't get cheap shots taken at them. As the kids say these days...just sayin'.

Anyway, who the heck is the sleeping dog? The folks writing posts in a non-CAK thread taking potshots at CAK's schedule? As my grandpa used to say, dogs don't write in their sleep. I'm not following all of your metaphors. I guess I'm still a little light-headed from the atmosphere on Pluto! Just sayin'.

Anyway, who the heck is the sleeping dog? The folks writing posts in a non-CAK thread taking potshots at CAK's schedule? As my grandpa used to say, dogs don't write in their sleep. I'm not following all of your metaphors. I guess I'm still a little light-headed from the atmosphere on Pluto! Just sayin'.

By the way, my grandfather didn't really say that. That would be a silly thing for him to say, wouldn't it? But you know what I'm sayin'.