Alcoa @ Stone Memorial

F5seekshelter

Hey! Look! I am the same as MLREB! I have made it!!!

From Maryville-OR thread...reprinted with permission...

Here I am??? What the he*& does that mean?

You won't understand this, but, in my book when you get on message board and belittle 15-18 year old kids, and won't man up and sign your name to it, you are nothing short of a coward. And those that do know you, would probably agree!! :x

Answer this for me, What's worst, a late hit in a football game or being an adult and a coward?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After hearing the P.A. announcer in the booth last friday night at SM. I would really hope the administration at SMHS would reconsider... A P.A. announcer needs to be a professional, play-action caller, with a good spotter... Not a cheerleader! If they want to lead the cheers, put them down on the track and give them their own mic and system....

I want my P.A. person in the booth to give me accurate accounts of who made the play and tell the Down and To Go... Nothing else... They can do all this and still be a homer for their team.... Also, doing a little research on opponents name pronunciation might help....

The P.A. announcer is a big job that should be done Professionally and should be approached in a Professional manner.... It is a big responsibility!!! Find someone who knows that.... Good Luck

No argument here!!

<_< this one ain't the brightest crayon in the box

All in harmless fun, hence the rolling smiley thingy. EINSTEIN!! Stone has made some great strides this season, regardless of our record. Are we at Alcoas level? Absolutely not. Just harmless banter. But if we need to discuss the sharpening of crayons, I'm all about it!!! :thumb:

And the winner of the 2010 BOH Liar's Club Lou Holtz "Poor Mouth" of the Year Award...CAK's Football Dad! :lol:

Seriously, to say CAK's players do not have the DNA is just not true. If your 54 players really includes freshmen as you indicate, then your real issue is depth. Not DNA. That or Quinn is the best darn converted tuba player I have ever seen! :roflol:

Thanks Scotty, I'll take my award and thank all the little people along the way that made this happen for me tonight. :wub: Seriously, I'm not saying CAK doesn't have ANY good football players or that they are all skinny mini's, BUT...our teams overall physique is not going to intimidate anyone. We've got some brains and some very good players as well, but not as much brawn as we would like. I think we get just about as much out of our guys as possible. But I will agree that depth is an even bigger concern for us (yes, the 54 includes freshmen, and some of them had to show me some ID just to prove they weren't still in middle school :lol: )

And tell me again, how this is belittling? :popcorneater:

And Cat, your thoughts really have no effect on me. I was with the F5 long before there was a CoachT. It is gonna get worse before it gets better.

You need to put your focus back on the Ridgers now. They need your help more than anyone that Alcoa plays does.

Unless I missed something, You, APB as your cheering section BCsportsfan calls you, are the one who injected CAK's strength of schedule (or alleged lack thereof) into this non-CAK thread. So, it seems if there is somebody getting off-topic, that would be you. Again, I bow in the general direction of the football gods in Alcoa; they are evidently untouchable under the current circumstances (which includes, of course, open enrollment rules, but that's for another thread--not here)...but you have to admit that you get some amount of pleasure out of putting down other schools' programs...I'm not even a psychologist (though I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express lately), and that's pretty obvious. Is there any other school around here (besides Alcoa) whose football program you have ANY measure of respect for, or even anything good to say about them? Hmmm? Come on, you apparently know a lot about HS football. There's got to be somebody besides Alcoa you respect.

Unless I missed something, You, APB as your cheering section BCsportsfan calls you, are the one who injected CAK's strength of schedule (or alleged lack thereof) into this non-CAK thread. So, it seems if there is somebody getting off-topic, that would be you. Again, I bow in the general direction of the football gods in Alcoa; they are evidently untouchable under the current circumstances (which includes, of course, open enrollment rules, but that's for another thread--not here)...but you have to admit that you get some amount of pleasure out of putting down other schools' programs...I'm not even a psychologist (though I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express lately), and that's pretty obvious. Is there any other school around here (besides Alcoa) whose football program you have ANY measure of respect for, or even anything good to say about them? Hmmm? Come on, you apparently know a lot about HS football. There's got to be somebody besides Alcoa you respect.

When I first started visiting this site, I took umbrage at a post I thought was from an arrogant/smarmy Alcoa fan. FootballDad assured me that, no, the Alcoa folks on here are respectful, etc., etc. I pointed out to him that I had a bad experience with some very obnoxious Alcoa fans while leaving the CAK/Alcoa game last year (the regular season game)--with the fans making comments about how CAK wasn't even good enough that they should be on the same field with Alcoa and similar derogatory "trash talk." Not good-natured trash talk--ugly trash talk. I explained to Football Dad that I realized I shouldn't draw generalizations about ALL Alcoa fans based on that. The kinds of stuff I've been reading lately from APB, BCSportsfan and Scots whatever his number is have reinforced my initial impression that there are a LOT (not necessarily all) of arrogant, smug, and downright mean-spirited Alcoa fans who think their teams' excrement doesn't stink. I wonder whether your loyalty would be nearly as strong if Alcoa was not such a dominant winning program. You would have to find some other external thing to latch onto, to generate a sense of self-worth through your attachment to it--the guy with all the trophies at the bottom of his posts would have to find some other little "signature" item. Because you strike me as the kind who would not support Alcoa through the rough times.

What planet have you been living on this year??

CAK fan has thrown their share of stones this year, although the target they picked might not be the one to be singled out. :unsure:

Don't kick the sleeping dog, boys.

APB....eye'd say hit wood bee safe two say Tony ain't livin' on tha saim planit as Punky....... :blush: ........ :popcorneater:

When I first started visiting this site, I took umbrage at a post I thought was from an arrogant/smarmy Alcoa fan. FootballDad assured me that, no, the Alcoa folks on here are respectful, etc., etc. I pointed out to him that I had a bad experience with some very obnoxious Alcoa fans while leaving the CAK/Alcoa game last year (the regular season game)--with the fans making comments about how CAK wasn't even good enough that they should be on the same field with Alcoa and similar derogatory "trash talk." Not good-natured trash talk--ugly trash talk. I explained to Football Dad that I realized I shouldn't draw generalizations about ALL Alcoa fans based on that. The kinds of stuff I've been reading lately from APB, BCSportsfan and Scots whatever his number is have reinforced my initial impression that there are a LOT (not necessarily all) of arrogant, smug, and downright mean-spirited Alcoa fans who think their teams' excrement doesn't stink. I wonder whether your loyalty would be nearly as strong if Alcoa was not such a dominant winning program. You would have to find some other external thing to latch onto, to generate a sense of self-worth through your attachment to it--the guy with all the trophies at the bottom of his posts would have to find some other little "signature" item. Because you strike me as the kind who would not support Alcoa through the rough times.

Wow....I'm glad it was a CAK Fan that said CAK's football players did not have the DNA to play football!?Ol'Tony might have Really blown a gasket! :) It is easy to read into the fact that you are looking real hard for a reason to justify your TRUE hatred for Alcoa.

Oh........one more thing catboy..............Hows the Open Zone enrollment thingy working out for Oak Ridge?

:popcorneater:

[/quot

Once again you choose to chime in an make an ignorant comment about something you know nothing about. My boys did not play for OR, they played for another school, so open enrollment had NO efect on me. Nice try though! :roflol: I just wonder how a high school football team being played by teenagers that is having great success, gives grown men the right to act like children! :thumb: