Baylor vs. Ensworth

hawk1

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a feeling Coach Ricky has watched both Baylor games against BA and MBA. He knows that Baylor has a very potent offensive weapon at QB. Unlike MBA and BA coaching staffs he will do everything to contain him and shut down the big plays. Now the question will be, can EHS's average offense score against a tough Baylor defense?

Baylor's coaching staff can match Ensworth's staff when it comes to trickery and gambling. Baylor had 2 weeks to prepare for this game.

I will give Baylor the slight advantage due to playing at home. That home field advantage gave Baylor a 4pt win over MBA and a 1pt win over BA.

Edited by shakinthefat

I expect a very close game for sure. Have not seen Ensworth play but they are obviously a very talented team. Baylor has a very good offense and defense as well. If they don't have an answer for Huesman....then the Red Raiders win. Can't wait for this game as it should be a very good high school football games. Go Baylor!

Baylor 24

Ensworth 21

This will certainly be worth the price of admission. I think it boils down to who controls the line of scrimmage. if Ensworth can pressure Huesman then the quick defensive backfield will be able to make plays. On the offensive side for EHS, they will need to try some new things against a solid Baylor defense. I wish I could make this one.

Baylor-24

EHS- 14

Got a feeling Coach Ricky has watched both Baylor games against BA and MBA. He knows that Baylor has a very potent offensive weapon at QB. Unlike MBA and BA coaching staffs he will do everything to contain him and shut down the big plays. Now the question will be, can EHS's average offense score against a tough Baylor defense?

Baylor's coaching staff can match Ensworth's staff when it comes to trickery and gambling. Baylor had 2 weeks to prepare for this game.

I will give Baylor the slight advantage due to playing at home. That home field advantage gave Baylor a 4pt win over MBA and a 1pt win over BA.

I think MBA did a decent job of limiting the damage Huesman inflicted. He certainly played a good game, but it wasn't like Darkwa's performance 2 years ago. What he did against MBA that was so damaging was the fact that he engineered an attack that made no mistakes of any real significance. He runs the offense within its capabilities: they don't overextend themselves and end up vulnerable. Baylor's two touchdowns didn't beat MBA; Baylor's refusal to offer any help to an incredibly opportunistic MBA team did.

You noted in another thread that MBA is +8 in turnovers...Baylor only had one turnover; I recall at least one by MBA. That IMO was the difference.

I think a lot of people are wondering if Baylor will snap out of some dream sequence they may be in. A loss before the playoffs could do wonders for a team and coming from a Baylor alum, I'd obviously rather seem them lose now rather than later. But at the same time, a lots at stake, #1 seed for the playoffs and home field, where Baylor has lost just one game in the last 2 seasons. We know Baylor's for real now, but I wonder if they can keep it going.

Ensworth 28

Baylor 35

I think a lot of people are wondering if Baylor will snap out of some dream sequence they may be in. A loss before the playoffs could do wonders for a team and coming from a Baylor alum, I'd obviously rather seem them lose now rather than later. But at the same time, a lots at stake, #1 seed for the playoffs and home field, where Baylor has lost just one game in the last 2 seasons. We know Baylor's for real now, but I wonder if they can keep it going.

Ensworth 28

Baylor 35

I agree with your thoughts on when is the best time to lose but also agree every game in the playoffs until the title game played at home, THAT IS HUGE!!!

Baylor has great talent on both sides of the ball, good depth and the scary part is they are in reality a very young team with 8 starters on defense and 7 on offense being soph's and juniors.

If they continue to work hard and improve this could be a very special group.

My prediction is 24-15 Baylor.

I agree with your thoughts on when is the best time to lose but also agree every game in the playoffs until the title game played at home, THAT IS HUGE!!!

Baylor has great talent on both sides of the ball, good depth and the scary part is they are in reality a very young team with 8 starters on defense and 7 on offense being soph's and juniors.

If they continue to work hard and improve this could be a very special group.

My prediction is 24-15 Baylor.

Well said landro. The future looks very good for Baylor football with our youth. The Red Raiders have played pretty disciplined football this year and have been very poised. It will take this against a very good Ensworth team tomorrow night. My prediction:

Baylor 21

Ensworth 14