Franklin Rebels vs Brentwood Bruins

kingz615

Yes, Franklin had their worst game of the year, at that point still playing with rbs with no experience. And really it wasn't as close as the score. But how bout we compare the Indy games? You only beat them by 2 scores, could have easily been one, and Franklin totally dominated them with the starters out most of the 2nd half. Both of those games were at the start of the year, much different teams. But for a recent game, how about the BHS-Hilsboro game. Hilsboro was one score away from taking the lead into the 4th qtr. They could have easily had a lead had they not fumbled the ball at the 1-yard line. Their defense was exploited continuously that the Franklin defense soundly beat, forced 5 turnovers, and shut-out. The Bwood secondary was picked apart by an average QB at best. We can compare games and schedules all you want, but we won't know who is the better team and by how much until about 10:00 Friday night.

Answer you are right on it also! The 21's of the board are correct. Who has Brentwood beat that we would not beat also or have not already beaten? Answer that Brentwood. You can't because we beat every team you beat. You would beat fern creek, hopkinsville, and Ooltewah and we would beat Gallatin and Lavergne. So the way I see it, what have you done with your so called tough schedule that we Rebels would not do also?

the one thing I do notice from Answer's statement is that a AVERAGE Hillsboro QB "picked apart the Bwood secondary"! This gets me jumping for joy! If you don't know it Bwood, well the Rebels don't have an average QB. Our QB is quite a bit better than average and if Hillsboro picked you a part then watch out on Friday night.

I am getting so excited for Friday. I'm starting to feel it. Brentwood in paper crying about schedules and our Rebels ready to prove everyone wrong. Just might go like my prediction. :thumb:

• Upvote 1

Answer you are right on it also! The 21's of the board are correct. Who has Brentwood beat that we would not beat also or have not already beaten? Answer that Brentwood. You can't because we beat every team you beat. You would beat fern creek, hopkinsville, and Ooltewah and we would beat Gallatin and Lavergne. So the way I see it, what have you done with your so called tough schedule that we Rebels would not do also?

the one thing I do notice from Answer's statement is that a AVERAGE Hillsboro QB "picked apart the Bwood secondary"! This gets me jumping for joy! If you don't know it Bwood, well the Rebels don't have an average QB. Our QB is quite a bit better than average and if Hillsboro picked you a part then watch out on Friday night.

I am getting so excited for Friday. I'm starting to feel it. Brentwood in paper crying about schedules and our Rebels ready to prove everyone wrong. Just might go like my prediction. :thumb:

I thought it might be interesting at this point to look at some statistics:

2010 - 2011 Franklin opponents winning percentage: 34%

2010 - 2011 Brentwood opponents winning percentage: 53%

2009 - 2010 Franklin opponents winning percentage: 55%

2009 - 2010 Brentwood opponents winning percentage: 55%

Franklin Average Points per Game: 27.8

Brentwood Average Points per Game: 27.9

Franklin Rushing Yards per Game: 73.1

Brentwood Rushing Yards per Game: 206.2

Franklin Passing Yards per Game: 149.98

Brentwood Passing Yards per Game: 144.3

Kuivenen Stats: 90 for 162 for 1,348 yards, 9 tds & 7 ints

Webber Stats: 90 for 155 for 1,262, 17 tds, 9 ints

I'll have some more later....

Franklin (8-1, 4-0) and Brentwood (6-3, 4-0) are tied for first in District 11-AAA, but Franklin already is assured of a more favorable playoff seeding because it will have more wins. Franklin's nondistrict opponents have a combined winning percentage of .378 (17-28), compared with .711 (32-13) for Brentwood.

That is from this morning's Tennessean article about the playoffs. Totally messed up.

Tennessean is a 2 weeks behind. I have been saying this for two weeks.

I thought it might be interesting at this point to look at some statistics:

2010 - 2011 Franklin opponents winning percentage: 34%

2010 - 2011 Brentwood opponents winning percentage: 53%

2009 - 2010 Franklin opponents winning percentage: 55%

2009 - 2010 Brentwood opponents winning percentage: 55%

Franklin Average Points per Game: 27.8

Brentwood Average Points per Game: 27.9

Franklin Rushing Yards per Game: 73.1

Brentwood Rushing Yards per Game: 206.2

Franklin Passing Yards per Game: 149.98

Brentwood Passing Yards per Game: 144.3

Kuivenen Stats: 90 for 162 for 1,348 yards, 9 tds & 7 ints

Webber Stats: 90 for 155 for 1,262, 17 tds, 9 ints

I'll have some more later....

Stats are great and all, but honestly they don't mean anything. Brentwood can outgain Franklin by 300 yards on Friday night but if the Rebels score more points they win, period. Also, please stop whining about how much tougher Bwood's schedule. Yes, Brentwood has had a much tougher schedule than Franklin, no one is arguing that point. But neither team was ASSIGNED their schedule, they made it. Brentwood knew what they were getting into, they believed they could beat those teams, it didn't work out. You can make a point that that tough schedule will benefit Brentwood, but please, please stop crying about the differences in the schedules. If you had won all of your games, it wouldn't matter.

Stats are great and all, but honestly they don't mean anything. Brentwood can outgain Franklin by 300 yards on Friday night but if the Rebels score more points they win, period. Also, please stop whining about how much tougher Bwood's schedule. Yes, Brentwood has had a much tougher schedule than Franklin, no one is arguing that point. But neither team was ASSIGNED their schedule, they made it. Brentwood knew what they were getting into, they believed they could beat those teams, it didn't work out. You can make a point that that tough schedule will benefit Brentwood, but please, please stop crying about the differences in the schedules. If you had won all of your games, it wouldn't matter.

Hey Answer21, I'm not trying to make any points through stats nor whining about the schedule. Personally, I think its a heck of alot more fun to play the studs in Rutherford County out of district but it can come with a price and thats IMHO. I put the stats up as I thought they were interesting. Your point about who made the schedules is right on. Clayton's point in the paper yesterday about the schedule being tougher last year is proven by the percentages. What the stats do show is this: Who probably runs the ball well and controls the line of scrimmage will win the game. But thats football most of the time. It will all get decided on the field Friday night by the kids and we'll all get to watch and whine or rejoice about it afterward.