CAK & Alcouh

STARSNBARS

CAKe has become the home of the whiners!!

I expect The F5 Coaches and Players to make a statement Thursday night!

Not only will you get a beat down at A-Town, but you'll have to take a second beating and move on to basketball or winter golf!

Alcoa - 6 straight state championships and 8 straight wins against CAK!! Read'm and weep!

No disrespect to any of my fellow CAK supporters who see this matter differently, but I'll offer my opinion. I personally am not offended by the pictures. In fact, I think some of them are pretty funny. In the past, some of them have been directly pointed at me and I thought those were funny as well. IMO, there are 2 separate issues here. 1. Generally, there is a mutual respect between most Alcoa posters and most CAK posters. Although CAK has not played at Alcoa's level YET, many Alcoa supporters are on record stating that they believe CAK has had quite likely the second best 3A team in the state in one or more of the last several seasons. I think the vast majority of the "back and forth" is just as advertised, friendly banter. As has been stated, some of the CAK supporters get together occasionally and have lunch with some supporters of other programs as well as several Alcoa supporters. We don't know each other well, but we always enjoy the food, conversation, and good company.

The second issue (IMO) applies to the open zoning issue. (Please reserve conversation for that topic on a DIFFERENT thread.) That issue regardless of my opinion on it is clearly a sore subject for some of their supporters, regardless of how valid or invalid it may be. I think that when that subject has been discussed, we have seen some less "friendly banter" than what we generally see.

Some of the Alcoa faithful are well known for the Photoshop skills. My 2 cents (which is worth no more than that) is to take the attempts at humor as just that.

CAKe has become the home of the whiners!!

I expect The F5 Coaches and Players to make a statement Thursday night!

Not only will you get a beat down at A-Town, but you'll have to take a second beating and move on to basketball or winter golf!

Alcoa - 6 straight state championships and 8 straight wins against CAK!! Read'm and weep!

See, cakfan, I told you, didn't I? This time they struck back with the "whiner" (same as "hater" or "jealous")cry. Just because we point out how disrespectful some of the posts are, we're whiners. I think the real whiners are the ones who can't take a little constructive criticism without lashing out personally at somebody.

He expects the F5 coaches and players to make a statement Thursday night? Ohhhh, we're in trouble now--he's probably the one in charge of giving the pep speech to the team before the game.

And did you see the RISE we got out of him!? And so quickly too! :roflol:

No disrespect to any of my fellow CAK supporters who see this matter differently, but I'll offer my opinion. I personally am not offended by the pictures. In fact, I think some of them are pretty funny. In the past, some of them have been directly pointed at me and I thought those were funny as well. IMO, there are 2 separate issues here. 1. Generally, there is a mutual respect between most Alcoa posters and most CAK posters. Although CAK has not played at Alcoa's level YET, many Alcoa supporters are on record stating that they believe CAK has had quite likely the second best 3A team in the state in one or more of the last several seasons. I think the vast majority of the "back and forth" is just as advertised, friendly banter. As has been stated, some of the CAK supporters get together occasionally and have lunch with some supporters of other programs as well as several Alcoa supporters. We don't know each other well, but we always enjoy the food, conversation, and good company.

The second issue (IMO) applies to the open zoning issue. (Please reserve conversation for that topic on a DIFFERENT thread.) That issue regardless of my opinion on it is clearly a sore subject for some of their supporters, regardless of how valid or invalid it may be. I think that when that subject has been discussed, we have seen some less "friendly banter" than what we generally see.

Some of the Alcoa faithful are well known for the Photoshop skills. My 2 cents (which is worth no more than that) is to take the attempts at humor as just that.

Regardless of the level of banter you and FB will always be special freinds to me!

Oh...and you too JRdad :)

See, cakfan, I told you, didn't I? This time they struck back with the "whiner" (same as "hater" or "jealous")cry. Just because we point out how disrespectful some of the posts are, we're whiners. I think the real whiners are the ones who can't take a little constructive criticism without lashing out personally at somebody.

He expects the F5 coaches and players to make a statement Thursday night? Ohhhh, we're in trouble now--he's probably the one in charge of giving the pep speech to the team before the game.

And did you see the RISE we got out of him!? And so quickly too! :roflol:

What I find great about this post is it shows how well we can get under your thin skin! And the thought that we can continue to do so for three more years is just Grand!!!

Get use to the beat down TD...Alcoa rolls!!!!

No disrespect taken, brother. These guys might be halfway decent if you sit around a table with them. Some people are much more willing to insult another person through the relatively shielded, indirect format of an online message board. They certainly were not very friendly in their "banter" with me when I came to this board; the first disagreeable thing I said, they were all over me like stink on a cowpile.

As for the cupcake pictures, I have to disagree with you slightly. Personally, I'm not put off by the generic cupcake theme, now that BC has acknowledged, though only indirectly, that Alcoa had some cupcake on its schedule too. But when they take a picture of an actual player from another team, like Grace or any other, and put a cupcake over that boy's head, just so they can poke fun at CAK's schedule...well, if that were my son on the Grace team, and I saw that...I think it would make me pretty angry.

Finally, I do hope that the Alcoa jokester who took last year's game so seriously that he took a picture of the scoreboard and kept it long enough to use this year to post on here to "poke" Cak fans has a child on the team. I mean, their victories over us last year were nother special for them-- just a couple out of several DOZEN wins in a row--not state championship games, not the win over cross-town rival Maryville. If I had a child on the team, perhaps I could envision taking a picture of the scoreboard to preserve it for his memories down the road.

What I find great about this post is it shows how well we can get under your thin skin! And the thought that we can continue to do so for three more years is just Grand!!!

Get use to the beat down TD...Alcoa rolls!!!!

Ahhh, and you know enough about ME to know that I'll be here three more years? Did I tell you that? Or do you take me seriously enough to look up information to see what grade my son is in? Either way, it shows you take me more seriously than I take you. The only thought I give to you and your fellow disrespectful Alcoa fans (not calling All Alcoa fans disrespectful--just those of you who seem to take pleasure in making other people unhappy) is when I'm on this board trying to keep you honest.

See, I got a rise out of you again! :roflol:

No disrespect taken, brother. These guys might be halfway decent if you sit around a table with them. Some people are much more willing to insult another person through the relatively shielded, indirect format of an online message board. They certainly were not very friendly in their "banter" with me when I came to this board; the first disagreeable thing I said, they were all over me like stink on a cowpile.

As for the cupcake pictures, I have to disagree with you slightly. Personally, I'm not put off by the generic cupcake theme, now that BC has acknowledged, though only indirectly, that Alcoa had some cupcake on its schedule too. But when they take a picture of an actual player from another team, like Grace or any other, and put a cupcake over that boy's head, just so they can poke fun at CAK's schedule...well, if that were my son on the Grace team, and I saw that...I think it would make me pretty angry.

Finally, I do hope that the Alcoa jokester who took last year's game so seriously that he took a picture of the scoreboard and kept it long enough to use this year to post on here to "poke" Cak fans has a child on the team. I mean, their victories over us last year were nother special for them-- just a couple out of several DOZEN wins in a row--not state championship games, not the win over cross-town rival Maryville. If I had a child on the team, perhaps I could envision taking a picture of the scoreboard to preserve it for his memories down the road.

Huh?....can you say that in english??