Top 5 Teams in State (all classes and private)

phishdad

ATTENTION TO ALL HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL FANS WHO THINK YOU HAVE GUYS THAT RUN 4.4'S ...

you don't. There are only a few guys in the state of Tennessee that are legit 4.4 or under guys. 4.6 or 4.7 is fairly fast for high school, even the faster guys in the state are "only" 4.5 guys. Doesn't mean they aren't good players (most of the guys in the SEC right now aren't 4.3 guys), but let's stop with the crazy talk.

I'll have to say that kid is very fast and Greeneville is a great 4A team. They would however have a very tough time against 4 of the AAA district 7 teams or many of the teams talked about on this thread.I'm keeping it real for DB because I've seen what it will take in 6A.We have the same chance as any,but I know it will take a great run this year to be the champs.I look forward to ordering a couple of dozen state championship hats.Just seeing if you read to the end.

ATTENTION TO ALL HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL FANS WHO THINK YOU HAVE GUYS THAT RUN 4.4'S ...

you don't. There are only a few guys in the state of Tennessee that are legit 4.4 or under guys. 4.6 or 4.7 is fairly fast for high school, even the faster guys in the state are "only" 4.5 guys. Doesn't mean they aren't good players (most of the guys in the SEC right now aren't 4.3 guys), but let's stop with the crazy talk.

I can GUARANTEE you greeneville has 2 players that run 4.4 40s. One is a 4.41 on a laser timer on track, and turf. And he runs an under 4 second NFL shuttle. Yes that is world class speed, but ive been to combines and camps and seem him do it.

Edited by WoodlawnFalcons

ok some teams have really good records but they pad their schedules so it will b:

1. Blackman (of course with Mathers)

2. Brentwood Academy

3. Oakland (w/ their solid defense)

4. Brentwood (always a high finisher in the playoffs)

5. Smyrna (Bryson is good but can be stopped with a good defense)

I can GUARANTEE you greeneville has 2 players that run 4.4 40s. One is a 4.41 on a laser timer on track, and turf. And he runs an under 4 second NFL shuttle. Yes that is world class speed, but ive been to combines and camps and seem him do it.

He may be that fast, he may not. I've never seen the kid play. Keep in mind, though, that even digital readouts will differ enough to make this conversation moot. But my point was that he said that they had MULTIPLE guys who could run 4.4's or under. Public high schools in Tennessee do not have that type of speed. They may be fast, but not that fast. I remember reading that when Rich Brooks took over for Kentucky 7(?) years or so ago, they only had a couple of guys themselves who were 4.4's or under. So am I to believe that a rural high school team in Tennessee has more speed than an SEC team? They may be fast, they may have one guy who's a legit 4.4, they might even have another close, but let's be realistic.

ok some teams have really good records but they pad their schedules so it will b:

1. Blackman (of course with Mathers)

2. Brentwood Academy

3. Oakland (w/ their solid defense)

4. Brentwood (always a high finisher in the playoffs)

5. Smyrna (Bryson is good but can be stopped with a good defense)

Dude! Smyrna Below Brentwood? Brentwood in the Top 5? First of all Smyrna Beat Brentwood. Secondly Brentwood has three losses to #1, #3, and #5 on your list. I agree with the list, except placement and Brentwood, add Ensworth. Brentwood is solid but very beatable.

1. Ensworth (Stupid Good)

2. Smyrna

3. Blackman

4. Oakland

(#2-4 can be aranged in any order. But I am a Bulldog fan so deal with it)

5. Bobyns-Bennett

Yes a two loss team sits at top. Their two losses came during a time they had injuries. I have seen them live and wished I didn't. They are laser quick and stupid good. Yes Oakland beat them but again they had injuries. 2-4 is a coin toss. Any of these teams can beat the other on any given night. We all know Oakland and my Bulldogs are good. The team you have to watch out for is Blackman. They have improved so much this year. You start thinking about that soft schedule and you will watch the rest of the playoffs from the stands. Good luck to all in the playoffs.

Edited by milo118

He may be that fast, he may not. I've never seen the kid play. Keep in mind, though, that even digital readouts will differ enough to make this conversation moot. But my point was that he said that they had MULTIPLE guys who could run 4.4's or under. Public high schools in Tennessee do not have that type of speed. They may be fast, but not that fast. I remember reading that when Rich Brooks took over for Kentucky 7(?) years or so ago, they only had a couple of guys themselves who were 4.4's or under. So am I to believe that a rural high school team in Tennessee has more speed than an SEC team? They may be fast, they may have one guy who's a legit 4.4, they might even have another close, but let's be realistic.

Your post shows stupidity. Why, you have to be in college to post a 4.3? What did Michael Vick post in high school? It's like this...Greeneville is a 4A school that has historically played up to 5A. They have been 4A since '09. They may not have the storied program of the teams in the 'Boro or the historical following of DB but what they do have is the most powerful 4A team in the state and could compete in 6A just fine. I am not a Greeneville fan. I am a Sullivan South fan. And DB will give anyone fits they come in contact with this season in the playoffs. And Greeneville would give DB fits. Greeneville, legitamately has the fastest QB (or other athlete for that matter) in the state. If you have not seen them play then you should keep quiet because they are the real deal. This guy is the next Michael Vick.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely no dog in this fight, but until someone from any part of the state proves otherwise the list should start with one team and let everybody else scramble for positions 2 through 5:

#1 - ALCOA

Give me one other team that keeps proving themselves over and over.

The rest can be argued. Alcoa can't, because they back down from no one.

:thumb: Kaz :thumb:

WaCoJaCo....hasn't Ensworth lost two games THIS SEASON.....if they had just dropped one, then you might be OK in your arguement. (see Alabama Crimison Tide) If two teams have managed the feat, then I'm not comfortable with them at two. Smyrna is gonna know after Friday....if they win that game, I would feel better with them at two. I talked to a fella about Greenville and he said they are worth a look somewhere in the top five....he said that transfer they got is something else. Then for me it would have to be one of them Memphis Schools.....whoever is the King of Memphis can certainly play with anyone. Then I think Blackman rounds me out. So my list looks like this:

1. Alcoa

2. Smyrna

3. Greenville

4. Ridgeway...?

5. Blackman

:thumb: Kaz :thumb:

Hey WACO you and Batman need to head over to the top 5 traditional teams forum. Last couple have been pretty rough on DB. Im pretty sure DB has a very storied program historically, but don't know enough to fight that battle.

Just the mention of DB turns some people inside out. :) And you know.....I just love that!