Power District 14A

shockernation

I UNDERSTAND YOU ARE NOT TRYING TO BASH THEM. I KNOW ONE MUST BE CAREFUL HOW THEY STATE SOMETHING. DURING THE SUMMER I HAD POSTED THAT GLEASON WAS NOT AS STRONG AND IT MADE SOME PEOPLE UPSET AT ME. BRADFORD PLAYED SEVERAL TEAMS OVER THE SUMMER AND I COULD SEE SOME TEAMS HAD FEEL OFF SOME AND SOME WERE STRONGER. YOU ARE RIGHT BRADFORD DOES NOT TRY TO RUN UP SCORES. NORE SHOULD ANYONE. IT HURTS THE STATS OF THE GIRLS, BUT IT IS NOT WORTH PUTTING A TEAM TO SHAME. GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS THIS YEAR.

I SAW GLEASON PLAY OVER THE SUMMER AND THEY JUST DID NOT LOOK AS STRONG. I HAD POSTED THAT DRESDEN WAS THE TEAM TO BEAT IN 13A. THAT BEING SAID WATCH GLEASON BEAT BRADFORD TONIGHT. BRADFORD BEAT CLARKSBURG BY 40 WITH STREET AND COMBS ONLY PLAYING ABOUT 10 MINS. THEY BEAT AN IMPROVED HUNTINGDON TEAM BY 20. I JUST HOPE THEY STAY FOCUSED WITH THE LARGE WINS THEY HAVE HAD. SEVERAL GIRLS CAN SCORE FOR BRADFORD. TEAMS GET SO BUSY TRYING TO DOUBLE COMBS OR STREET IT LEAVES SOME GOOD SHOOTERS OPEN. SHOULD BE A FUN YEAR. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS.

Just in case you were wandering Gleason did beat Bradford tonight. 40-33. Its was a good game, and last night against Greenfield we did not play ball, and to win we have to play hard and good everytime. Good luck Lady Dawgs and Good luck to all the Teams. :flower:

Wow! Congratulations to Gleason.

Greenfield girls beat Dresden by 24 last night.

Congrats to Gleason on the win.And the win by Greenfield by 24 points is very impressive.Against a Dresden team that's picked to win that district and some were picking to go far in the region.And they still might but looks like Greenfield made a statement.Also..How did Dresden do against Westview the night before?

Edited by mrbigster

Just in case you were wandering Gleason did beat Bradford tonight. 40-33. Its was a good game, and last night against Greenfield we did not play ball, and to win we have to play hard and good everytime. Good luck Lady Dawgs and Good luck to all the Teams. :flower:

I have a lot of friends from Gleason. I graduated from Bradford, and I live in Greenfield. lol Congrats to Gleason. I am very surprised not just that you beat Bradford, but that you scored some. The bottom line is that you lost some girls last year that are extremely hard to replace. Gleason still has some players, but they are not the Gleason that we are used to seeing. They will do well in 13a, but they would be the 4th team in 14a. That is my opinion of course, but I just don't think they can play with a Greenfield or Lake Co. this year.

Greenfield beat Dresden 54-31 last night. I think that was the final score. I had to work the concession stand during the boys game, so I wasnt able to put the final in my phone. But anyway, that's close to being accurate.

The Lady Jackets are still shooting horribly from the free throw line. I cant understand what's the problem. These same girls were great free throw shooters last year. They hit exactly 50% from the free throw line last night. So, if they'd just hit a decent 70%...the score would've been much, much worse.

Also, I was shocked to see that Gleason beat Bradford at Bradford!!!! Can someone tell us about the game. What happened? Is Bradford that bad?

Also, let me say...after reading my last comment...I also am not trying to bash Gleason. I love Gleason folks. But, Gleason is way down this year. I thought that Bradford was supposed to be good again this year....with Street, Combs, and Braxton back. So, that's why I said what I did in the way that I said it. I did not mean any disrespect to Gleason at all.

Can anyone tell us how Bradford got beat last night?

BRADFORD HAD A POOR, POOR NIGHT. THEY SHOT UNDER 10% FROM THE 3. AND NOT MUCH BETTER FROM THE FIELD AND THE FREE THROW LINE. COMBS WENT OUT IN LESS THAN 2 MINS OF THE START OF THE GAME WITH FOUL TROUBLE. SHE ALSO COULD NOT MAKE A FREE THROW. STREET AND BRATTON MISSED SOME EASY SHOTS. THE OTHER GIRLS HAD A POOR NIGHT. CONGRATS TO GLEASON ON THE WIN.

Edited by daroundball

BRADFORD HAD A POOR, POOR NIGHT. THEY SHOT UNDER 10% FROM THE 3. AND NOT MUCH BETTER FROM THE FIELD AND THE FREE THROW LINE. COMBS WENT OUT IN LESS THAN 2 MINS OF THE START OF THE GAME WITH FOUL TROUBLE. SHE ALSO COULD NOT MAKE A FREE THROW. STREET AND BRATTON MISSED SOME EASY SHOTS. THE OTHER GIRLS HAD A POOR NIGHT. CONGRATS TO GLEASON ON THE WIN.

That's tough when one of your main players has to go out in the first two minutes.We had a similiar situation with T.T. in a couple games last year with her picking up 3 fouls in th first quarter.But yall really need to practice some games with her and Street on the bench..maybe without both of them.The Lake Co game would be a good game to test that out with both on the bench.

Edited by mrbigster