A Little Help for a Kid Please

Solomon

I posted this on the 5A/6A boards and hope you guys can help too.

Guy on a UT board I'm on has a special needs kid trying to win a contest at UT where he gets to stand on the sidleines, visit the pressbox, etc against Kentucky. Just trying to make sure the kid wins. Here's the original post from the other site -

Okay Volnation, I have a little VOL fan that needs some help. My son Jaden(7) is a special needs child (Apraxia of speech and Sensory Intergration Disorder). He is a HUGE football fan. He will sit down and watch the entire game as if cartoons. The first sign langauge he wanted to learn was "football" and the letter "T". They thought he would never be mainstreamed into regular education and was looking at buying him a device that would speak for him. He has busted his butt the last two years and now is in first grade with NO assistance and NO device. Now, he is even playing grasshopper football when just two years ago he couldn't hold a pencil. He is amazing. UTSPORTS is running a video contest for VOL fans and he has a video posted. If he wins he will get sideline access and also get to watch Kesling call some of the game against Kentucky. This would be a once in a lifetime experience for him, a real dream come true. All he needs is votes, nothing else. All I am asking is go to the website listed below (utsports.tv) and watch his video. Then VOTE IT UP. He is currently in second place. He has busted his butt and I would love to make this happen for him. He really deserves it. This is something that I could never do for him. If he wins, I will pick ONE person that responds telling me they voted (using just the trust system) and send them a $25 amazon gift card. I know its not a lot but it is all I can do. IF ANYONE CAN MAKE A DREAM FOR THIS LITTLE VOL FAN HAPPEN, IT IS VOLNATION. Thanks in advance and all the information to vote is below.

His video is titled "His Life Is Orange and White." He is the little blonde boy in the front of the video next to the new Power "T" gates at Neyland.

http://www.bigorangecontest.com/

Enjoy his dance moves!!!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did as well. Looks like the kid will win for sure. And if anyone has a heart, they won't make this guy send them anything. Just let him take that $25 and buy the kid another shirt or something at the game. Hoping for a WIN for a Vol fan, something that may not be likely again this year.

I did as well. Looks like the kid will win for sure. And if anyone has a heart, they won't make this guy send them anything. Just let him take that $25 and buy the kid another shirt or something at the game. Hoping for a WIN for a Vol fan, something that may not be likely again this year.

Pretty much everybody involved has told the dad to keep it. We just want the kid to have a blast.

Thanks to all who have voted!

Edited by Solomon

Voted for the little guy. That's awesome. He had like 4200 votes so far. I think he is a shoe in!

We've set a goal of 10K votes for him.....among other things we're trying to pull off for him.

It's kind of insane the way posters have gotten the word out. It's been posted on Memphis, LSU, Texas, A&M, and Kansas boards that I know of as well as getting a few well-known college writers to retweet it at well. It's really awesome.

Edited by Solomon