Sullivan South vs Daniel Boone 1st Round

THSVikings2004

Maybe I should explain myself. The first round should under no circumstances pit conference teams against each other. It has nothing to do with playing Boone. If you have to play each other in the 2nd round then it just means you both advanced. I don't like 6 classifications. I don't like being intertwined in a 5A/6A conference. I like playing 6A schools but not to the detriment of playoff considerations. We need to go back to the way it was.

I completely agree comp. I want some new conferences set up like days of old. With our area, Boone, Crockett, South, Central, TN High, and a few others who want to step up should be playing every year. Volunteer is one that has been down, but TN High knows they have a program that can beat you (and Boone knows this as well!!!)

I want six to 8 teams, top 4 go, top two get home games.

There are 59 5A schools in TN currently. 8 Regions of 7 teams leaves 3 teams. 3 Regions would have 8 teams. Or, 8 team regions would require 5 teams play up to 5A in order to have 8 regions with 8 teams. I'm sure Greeneville would be glad to come back home. Playing top 4 as qualifiers would be best with 8 team regions. 6A has 55 teams. 4A has 53. 3A has 54. 2A has 39. 1A has 41.

Edited by compusatman

I don't know how drastic the changes will be because I think a few teams already have their schedules for next year. It might not be a big deal if they revert to the 8 team conferences, but if they go to a 6 team conference schools would have to scramble to pick up extra opponents.

I think the TSSAA will slowly try to imitate the VHSL's way of handling the playoffs. Power ratings would work in my opinion.

Maybe I should explain myself. The first round should under no circumstances pit conference teams against each other. It has nothing to do with playing Boone. If you have to play each other in the 2nd round then it just means you both advanced. I don't like 6 classifications. I don't like being intertwined in a 5A/6A conference. I like playing 6A schools but not to the detriment of playoff considerations. We need to go back to the way it was.

I agree 100% and understand what you are saying. What is bad is when someone that does not understand the mixed classification conference and how the playoff system works and you try to explain it to them. Then you realize how crazy of a system TSSAA has set up. The only good thing about High School football compared to College is the best team can keep playing and prove they are the best, whereas in college if two teams end up undefeated and not playing each other than you will never know for sure who was the best.

The best thing for all Big 8 teams to do is give it everything they have and all the fans get behind them and support them. Tosssweep is right about the problem of containing Haden and the south offense, if they spread Boone's defense out and the linemen and linebackers can not contain then it will be a long night for Boone.

If Boone contains:

Boone 35 South 21

If Boone does not contain:

turn out the lights the party is over (but I will support South)

Edited by Booneman

Boone is solid! and from what I seen friday night in Bristol....so is South! South got out to a rocky start and even though they are a 6 seed, they are way better then that. If JJ can figure out a way to stop heath then Blazers will come away with the W. From what I seen friday the answer is containment! Line stay at home! Heath will let the pressure collapse around him and then pick out a hole to run through. By this time the linebackers have dropped back into coverage and Heath has a lane to run down big enough to drive a semi through. He's strong and athletic and arm tackles aren't gonna work! Put his hind end on the ground! Everyone knows you can do it...you did it to downs. If JJ coaches his line to stay at home and not allow souths o line to create holes then heath is gonna have a long night. Not sure how they are teaching at Boone now but when I was there they taught the line to contain and the linebackers to make tackles. It'll be interesting to see if JJ can find the answer that is lieing just under his nose. I'm tellin ya its containment coach!

Wow!!!!!!! Genious right there.

BURN! but don't be hatin on trailblazer he is a good guy. But your 42-21 prediction is ridiculous. I really do hope that you were kidding. Boone has learned how to finish a game over the past little bit. Kevin has been resting up for the past few weeks. His number hasn't been called very much since the science hill game, and i believe it is time for him to have another one of those nights. I say he gets at least 4 touchdowns in this one, which will get him fired up to go on defense and he will couple that with 3 sacks. South will break a few big ones so i call it 35-14 BOONE. You can throw away all the Boone pride signs, they are not needed. This one is just about one Great football team beating another.

Wasn't hatin on trailblazer. Wasn't his post to start with.

Boone fans.I was over at the Kingsport Boys and Girls club and Boone's peewee team was getting ready to play.I could swear one of your star players was working with the Boone kids.I just listened a little and took it in when I could.That's what will keep your program coming up,things just like that.If it wasn't your big left hander,it sure looked like him.A great acting young man either way.

I'm sure it was the Burger King Express. His little brother plays on one of the Boone peewee teams. He played with my son last year with the Jr. Toppers and he is also a lefty that runs and throws good and plays linebacker. Someone told me he was helping coach Kirby's team.

South must be the only low seed in the playoffs that feels they were awarded a home game. Welcome to the friendly confines of Nathan Hale stadium Rebels, home of many Rebel victories.

Seems a lot of you ravin Boonatics have come out of the woodwork lately to predict your team's triumph in the postseason. A year ago poor ole FormerBlazer had very little company in this forum. Oh well, enjoy it while you can. It's good to see some are no longer expecting mediocrity in Gray.

South must be the only low seed in the playoffs that feels they were awarded a home game. Welcome to the friendly confines of Nathan Hale stadium Rebels, home of many Rebel victories.

Seems a lot of you ravin Boonatics have come out of the woodwork lately to predict your team's triumph in the postseason. A year ago poor ole FormerBlazer had very little company in this forum. Oh well, enjoy it while you can. It's good to see some are no longer expecting mediocrity in Gray.

Interesting post Crawdad, but the problem is when South team and their fans visit Friday night at the home of Daniel Boone Trailblazers I am sure they will not feel like they have home field advantage.

I don't know about last year on here, just found out about it in September. With confidence that Boone will win we do plan on enjoying this game for along time.

GO BOONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Booneman

I don't know if Coach Haynie will like you stiring up the natives like that.