Sullivan South vs Daniel Boone 1st Round

THSVikings2004

Well.....I believe somebody gets it. You Southers can't see past your nose. I warned you. Look for defections, chaos and the calling for heads. Too late. Look for 3-7 for 2011 if you're lucky. You reap what you sow.

HaHa..I believe Southers see better than you think....Obviously you are blind as a bat...mast. Rebels will be better in 2011, no luck involved.

Hey hey hey hey hey....whoa whoa whoa.....hold up!!!

It was 8 times that Boone beat TN High :mrgreen:

I know I know Blazer… but 4 in the last two decades sounded better than 8 in the last half century. :blush: On the for real side… I know we give each other Hades on hear from time to time, but I really do wish your boys luck Friday. I think there’s alot of myths out there about Knoxville being superior on the grid iron (as if last year wasn’t enough to put that nonsense to rest). I think it’s time to snap them back to reality. I hope you guys do well. :thumb:

What is wrong with you?.....Let it go, You have another year to practice- We have told you how good you played...So for all DADS and MOMS definitely be PROUD of your KIDS!! You cant win them all, and everyone knows that. Show your support for our conference no matter who. You dont have to support boone but show you care about the conference.<_<

First, I do have a relative, not a son, at South and two more on the way. That is if it is a school in a couple of years. My rants, as you call them, have nothing to do with playing time, as my relative that played on this year's team had his share of playing time. And you have no idea what I contribute to help South. Odds are that it would be quite a bit more than you.

There are very legitimate reasons why practices should be closed to the public. Happens all the time. Why do you feel the need to be there and why does that suggestion pain you so much?

You say the coaches "give their best and care for these kids without reservation". And you know this how? And if I believe otherwise? What would you do if you believed otherwise? I guess if they have Coach in front of their name, they are not to be questioned. Do you ever read or hear the news? It is unbelievable the angst that is displayed on here when the word "fair" is used or an evaluation is mentioned. If anything is suspect, it would be that.

I know this will sound strange to you, but respect on here means nothing.

Well, if South is still a high school in several years, you'll be fortunate to have this group of coaches coach your "relatives". Your contribution to South more than mine---I seriously doubt it. Closed Practice--Why?? Tell us why. What are the legitimate reasons (related to South) that practices should be closed??? I don't feel a need to be there, I simply enjoy watching boys practice and play football. I go to South; I go to Col.Hts, and I go to Optimist practices--to watch FOOTBALL. Adrenaline is in the air, kids are learning character, they are around great "life mentors" and there's no better place to be. I love FOOTBALL. Also, I pay taxes. Why does it pain me? Because you suggested that those dads were there making inroads with coaches--that pains me. Coach in front of name?? Sort of like Mr.--My Mom taught me at an early age to respect those who give their time for a cause---for the large amt of time they spend, for the small amt of money they bring home, for the time away from kids, yes I'll cut them alot of slack. I, like alot of people, believe that these coaches have their heart in it. Maybe there are a few who are not the best football minds that have ever coached, but all in all, they all bring certain strengths to the group that makes them effective as a group. Evaluation?? I have no problem with evaluations. I'm evaluated every day in my job--no problem. But I don't want "you" telling my employer that I need to be evaluated. Personally, I don't think the school system needs my (or your) suggestions on how to better evaluate personnel. I'm just saying----- Oh, and as for respect on here----some of us try. I used to respect most of what you posted, but now if you don't think that's important, just tell me. You can try---come on--we're looking for a FEW GOOD MEN

I go to South; I go to Col.Hts, and I go to Optimist practices--to watch FOOTBALL. Adrenaline is in the air, kids are learning character, they are around great "life mentors" and there's no better place to be. I love FOOTBALL. Also, I pay taxes.

So you pay taxes and you get to go anywhere in the county, state, country you please? That must be cool! Mine learned "character" and had "life mentors" at home and church. They now pass that on to their kids. Not all, but there are those that have coach in front of their name that should not be mentoring anybody. Why this would be shocking to you is shocking.

ps How do you get into those Closed Colonial Heights practices, anyway?

Evaluation?? I have no problem with evaluations. I'm evaluated every day in my job--no problem. But I don't want "you" telling my employer that I need to be evaluated.

You are not "mentoring" 60 young men in a public school system. Are you? If they don't do evaluations as a matter of course, that include exit interviews with players, they do a disservice to the school and the students. I'm surprised the insurance/bonding companies don't require them. If they come out all good, then good. Why all the worry?

I know I know Blazer… but 4 in the last two decades sounded better than 8 in the last half century. :blush: On the for real side… I know we give each other Hades on hear from time to time, but I really do wish your boys luck Friday. I think there’s alot of myths out there about Knoxville being superior on the grid iron (as if last year wasn’t enough to put that nonsense to rest). I think it’s time to snap them back to reality. I hope you guys do well. :thumb:

Aye sir thank you for the support. I want nothing but to come back on here with good news about the game on Friday.

AS the commander at Bastoyne said, "Nutz".

That was on December 22nd...Patton conquered Bastogne on December 26th. In the dark of impending defeat General McAuliffe chose death over dishoner. And Patton came to his rescue. In the words of Mel Gibson portraying William Wallace..."All men die, but not all men live." Long live the Rebel Nation.

Not soft just respectful. Most of you lose sight to the bigger picture here. This is not just about football because truth be known, 99% of high school football players in this area will never see another snap after their senior year… REGARDLESS of their accolades and how many games they won. The question is did the coaching staffs do enough to encourage these players to do the right thing. When I hear about players making it all the way over to the other side of the field to take part in a braw along with the police having to come and separate the teams… I can only come to the conclusion that no they didn’t. Football is a contact sport and emotions run high off and on throughout the competition. We can’t have athletes throwing blows every time they get upset about something, or because the ref made some bad calls earlier in the game or we would never get through a single game. Some say the referees let this game get out of control… but wasn’t the coaching staff watching the same game? How come they didn’t intervene before it escalated to this point? IMO… if the TSSAA comes down on the coaches and players from both sides this crap wouldn’t happen again. And even if they don’t, the coaching staffs know who was involved… they should make examples. Just a note… two of our starting player got into a locker room fight between the two of them. Coach Stubbs suspended them both for the next two games. They were both starters and it was right before the DB game (which they didn’t get to play in). That’s how you send a message to the rest of your team that this is unacceptable.

Are you really as stupid as you make yourself out to be? How can a fan from a different school make sweeping judgments on a fight his football-fan girlfriend told him about? If you notice, I don't post a lot on here. I like to be at the stadium. I don't know what happened to Bristol on Friday, but I hear you guys have some bruises of your own. I guess I'm forced to assume you all tucked your tails and took your beating. Actually, that isn't an assumption; it's on film. Football is a game of aggression when played correctly. Bristol plays their style, just not for as many weeks as they do over in Gray.