Sullivan South vs Daniel Boone 1st Round

THSVikings2004

it was garbage... boone picked off the ball advanced to bout souths 40. guy gets talked along boones sideline. 2 south plyers come in late one hit ball carrier the other began pushing other boone players. BLAZERS retaliated by the whole team swarming the area, throwing south kids around. by this time some players from across souths bench rush the far side of feild ACCOMPANIED BY COACHS who were seeming to want to fight also. boones coaches were pulling kids apart along with nearly every other adult on the field. souths coaches went straight toward our coachs???? not sure what they were doing. there were punches and kicks being thrown, along with many players throwing each other around. the cops were motioned to the field, here come bout 10 cops.lol it still took nearly 3 minutes to stop completly. the whole fight was about 5 minutes, give or take. the ref was down for bout 10. #20 and #55 for boone ejected, they said by to team gave some pep talk and walked off field, while the south player was wanting to fight everyone in the stadium. he was yelling at the coachs, players, refs, and even cops. you could sense a tension building the whole first half. south was getting very frustrated seeing how they couldnt do anything... boone had nearly 11 years of frustration. yeah the fight was bad, but i in no way think it takes away from the game. yea the officiating was awful but what do u expect seems BOONE always gets raw end of deal. we have learned to play thru it.

lil dude you need to go look at the film boone started it #16 for boone is classless.. tssaa will see the film and some coackes for boone will be gone to .. classless

lil dude you need to go look at the film boone started it #16 for boone is classless.. tssaa will see the film and some coackes for boone will be gone to .. classless

I was sitting on the 50 in the reserved seating and the fight started on the 40. When #81 was tackled by two South players they started shoving #81 in the face while he was under them. The other Boone players jumped in to get them off of him and then #65 came up swinging and that was what started the brawl. No excuse for either team to fight, but your opinion is useless.

GO BOONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Booneman

You could not have picked a less likely candidate to blame this on. Out of every player on that field Kevin is the nicest guy and most respectful of them all. If you want to post bull crap like this, go post it on a TN High thread or somewhere like that.

I didn't see the game or the fight.It's hard to blame anything like that on one player on either team.Any of you know a lot of talk and extra shots go on in a football battle.It's a mans game and both sides were defending their teammates as we all know they will. It's a shame every game can't be hard hitting and clean,but it's not bowling and in a contact sport,bad things will happen some times.There are great kids on both sides and great fans as well.I'm gald to finally see someone posting that is a grade or two short of my spelling abilities.

I didn't see the game or the fight.It's hard to blame anything like that on one player on either team.Any of you know a lot of talk and extra shots go on in a football battle.It's a mans game and both sides were defending their teammates as we all know they will. It's a shame every game can't be hard hitting and clean,but it's not bowling and in a contact sport,bad things will happen some times.There are great kids on both sides and great fans as well.I'm gald to finally see someone posting that is a grade or two short of my spelling abilities.

Whats up no one had a video camera or cell phone where is the "you tube" video? :popcorneater:

I don't think you could call good ole Nathan Hale to friendly last night. I notice no Comp or Crawdad sharing their opinions. I would like to know what you guys thought of last nights circus?

Actually Toss, I still believe the environment friendly at Nathan Hale. I think that was part of the problem. South was not ready to play. They were complacent and comfortable playing in Gray. Having won the earlier game by 25 and owning a huge advantage in the series only losing 3 times in 3 decades, may have given the Rebels a smug feeling. You and I know that the past doesn't matter, it's just about the here and now, and Boone was ready to turn the page on history. And there was nothing intimidating about the venue. There were sections of empty seats on the home side.

Congratulations to Boone on a big win for their program. Regardless of South's pre-game disposition, Boone was very prepared for the Haden only offense, and to my surprise, South played into that role. The Rebels didn't execute dropping 5-6 passes while Boone made every catch. Kevin Connell should be Big 8 defensive player of the year. The Blazer offense only finished off 1 drive of 7 yards the result of a poor snap by the Rebels. South's defensive backs played a good game especially Medlin and Weaver. Boone's lines controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides and was basically the difference in the game. The young man making his 1st start at DB for Boone made a game saving play that was huge at the end. The fight was very unfortunate and probably had a lot to do with one protecting his QB in front on the Boone bench. I do not believe it in any way altered the outcome. Overall a very strange game for what I was expecting. Exceptional defense , ball control offense, and a sound punting game can make a game look that way and if you are on the winning side, I'm sure it's very pretty.

Good luck to the Blazers at Knox West. Congrats to formerblazer as he has carried the torch for Boone for some time. And as much as South would have liked to win and advance, that is probably one stadium we would not like to re-visit.

Actually Toss, I still believe the environment friendly at Nathan Hale. I think that was part of the problem. South was not ready to play. They were complacent and comfortable playing in Gray. Having won the earlier game by 25 and owning a huge advantage in the series only losing 3 times in 3 decades, may have given the Rebels a smug feeling. You and I know that the past doesn't matter, it's just about the here and now, and Boone was ready to turn the page on history. And there was nothing intimidating about the venue. There were sections of empty seats on the home side.

Congratulations to Boone on a big win for their program. Regardless of South's pre-game disposition, Boone was very prepared for the Haden only offense, and to my surprise, South played into that role. The Rebels didn't execute dropping 5-6 passes while Boone made every catch. Kevin Connell should be Big 8 defensive player of the year. The Blazer offense only finished off 1 drive of 7 yards the result of a poor snap by the Rebels. South's defensive backs played a good game especially Medlin and Weaver. Boone's lines controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides and was basically the difference in the game. The young man making his 1st start at DB for Boone made a game saving play that was huge at the end. The fight was very unfortunate and probably had a lot to do with one protecting his QB in front on the Boone bench. I do not believe it in any way altered the outcome. Overall a very strange game for what I was expecting. Exceptional defense , ball control offense, and a sound punting game can make a game look that way and if you are on the winning side, I'm sure it's very pretty.

Good luck to the Blazers at Knox West. Congrats to formerblazer as he has carried the torch for Boone for some time. And as much as South would have liked to win and advance, that is probably one stadium we would not like to re-visit.

Aye sir aye....I'll take the compliment for this little area of a message board where we all share a love of football but has no bearing on the game itself... but the ones who have really done a lot for Boone are the coaches, players, and exceptional parents and community that have supported Boone through all the years.

Next comes Knox West and a huge chance for Boone to really get its name out there.

First of all let me start by saying, the best team won. And a large congratualations to Daniel Boone. And sincere good luck from here on out.

Next, South did not come to play. Please Booners, don't think I am trying to make lite of your accomplishment. But, South did not show up. By Wednesday of this week I knew we were in trouble. After talking to a few starters I did not feel the same intensity I felt the week of Dobyns-Bennett...as well as others. And in my posts on Friday I stated I felt "quesie". That was my death knell. At about 3:30 a starters mother asked me what I thought and I told her I had a bad feeling about the game and did not see success. She almost cried. So did I.

FB, I honor you in leading your cohorts here on the T. I recall when I first came on the T when mine was a Soph. and I thought he was NFL material and that I was Football God. I was rude and loud and a jerk and on and on. As you grow in a successful program and watch your own POY and such you tend to be a bit more respectful. I am not offended by the Booners rants. It is their time and I hope they enjoy it. Even if it is at my expense. The more success they have the more respectful they will get. And pay that respect to other competing successful programs. This process takes a few years.

Jhilts...I agree with most of what you said except for the closed parctices. But sideline priveledges and coaching office priviledges...well let's just say I have more respect for myself and the coaches than to expect to impose on that turf.

As far as the sideline fight is concerned. Who gives a flip. When I was a kid in elementary school if a fight erupted the teacher would summons another teacher and take the boys in question to the play ground and surround them by the class and then instruct them to finish the fight. And then when you got home you got whacked for starting the fight and for not finishing it if that were the case. But, it will be difficult to see on film but there was a Boone letterjacketed individual whose identity is unknown who took a swing at one of the South players. This was after the fight had errupted and in my opinion has nothing to do with anything except for what Jhilts was saying. No one needs to be on the sideline that is not a player, coach, medical personel, or otherwise team administration. I don't know if this was a diabled player or what but I do not doubt the same thing would not have happened on the South side. Let's face it, this is not a dance recittal. And it is not a boys game.

The referees. You know when the team first takes the field before the first kickoff how you can sometimes get a feel of the intensity of the players at that moment. Well, I got a feel for the refs at the beginning of the game as well. Some refs can be crisp, sharp, deliberate...and some can be soft, lazy, lathargic...well I think one group is into the job,,,the game. And the other...well maybe they would rather be somewhere else. Some of the refs last evening I feel would have rather been somewhere else. Is that why the fight broke out? Well, it wasn't week 0 you know. And IMOP it was a perfect example of why TSSAA is out they mind with this classification and playoff seeding BS. And it is BS! Conference teams have no business playing each other in the first round. Make no mistake, Boone was unbeatable last night. Just saying. But you are a Ref in a playoff game between two ultra redneck schools like Boone and South...well you might want to pay attention. There are tell-tale signs of impending disaster. It is seen in lots of places but no more visible than in the pile at every tackle. I dare say what kind of debouchery was going on down in there. So was it the Refs fault? Who cares. We both wanted to fight...so let em' fight. Right out in the middle of the field. Kind of like the Jamboree. Instead of the fastest back we could have had the best Jawbreaker. Hey, I don't like NASCAR so the I don't get off on the crashes at 190 mph. But a good fight every now and then? Sounds good. I mean it ain't like they got guns and chit.

So the bottom line? South candied out in the first round. First time since 2004. And Boone? They whipped our butt. And now we got to carry them. OK so I will do my duty Booners. I will tow the line for you and be proud to do it. But don't spit no baccer juice on me 'cause as much as I love you and support you....we will fight in a New York minute.

Good luck Kevin Connell and company! :thumb:

First of all let me start by saying, the best team won. And a large congratualations to Daniel Boone. And sincere good luck from here on out.

Next, South did not come to play. Please Booners, don't think I am trying to make lite of your accomplishment. But, South did not show up. By Wednesday of this week I knew we were in trouble. After talking to a few starters I did not feel the same intensity I felt the week of Dobyns-Bennett...as well as others. And in my posts on Friday I stated I felt "quesie". That was my death knell. At about 3:30 a starters mother asked me what I thought and I told her I had a bad feeling about the game and did not see success. She almost cried. So did I.

FB, I honor you in leading your cohorts here on the T. I recall when I first came on the T when mine was a Soph. and I thought he was NFL material and that I was Football God. I was rude and loud and a jerk and on and on. As you grow in a successful program and watch your own POY and such you tend to be a bit more respectful. I am not offended by the Booners rants. It is their time and I hope they enjoy it. Even if it is at my expense. The more success they have the more respectful they will get. And pay that respect to other competing successful programs. This process takes a few years.

Jhilts...I agree with most of what you said except for the closed parctices. But sideline priveledges and coaching office priviledges...well let's just say I have more respect for myself and the coaches than to expect to impose on that turf.

As far as the sideline fight is concerned. Who gives a flip. When I was a kid in elementary school if a fight erupted the teacher would summons another teacher and take the boys in question to the play ground and surround them by the class and then instruct them to finish the fight. And then when you got home you got whacked for starting the fight and for not finishing it if that were the case. But, it will be difficult to see on film but there was a Boone letterjacketed individual whose identity is unknown who took a swing at one of the South players. This was after the fight had errupted and in my opinion has nothing to do with anything except for what Jhilts was saying. No one needs to be on the sideline that is not a player, coach, medical personel, or otherwise team administration. I don't know if this was a diabled player or what but I do not doubt the same thing would not have happened on the South side. Let's face it, this is not a dance recittal. And it is not a boys game.

The referees. You know when the team first takes the field before the first kickoff how you can sometimes get a feel of the intensity of the players at that moment. Well, I got a feel for the refs at the beginning of the game as well. Some refs can be crisp, sharp, deliberate...and some can be soft, lazy, lathargic...well I think one group is into the job,,,the game. And the other...well maybe they would rather be somewhere else. Some of the refs last evening I feel would have rather been somewhere else. Is that why the fight broke out? Well, it wasn't week 0 you know. And IMOP it was a perfect example of why TSSAA is out they mind with this classification and playoff seeding BS. And it is BS! Conference teams have no business playing each other in the first round. Make no mistake, Boone was unbeatable last night. Just saying. But you are a Ref in a playoff game between two ultra redneck schools like Boone and South...well you might want to pay attention. There are tell-tale signs of impending disaster. It is seen in lots of places but no more visible than in the pile at every tackle. I dare say what kind of debouchery was going on down in there. So was it the Refs fault? Who cares. We both wanted to fight...so let em' fight. Right out in the middle of the field. Kind of like the Jamboree. Instead of the fastest back we could have had the best Jawbreaker. Hey, I don't like NASCAR so the I don't get off on the crashes at 190 mph. But a good fight every now and then? Sounds good. I mean it ain't like they got guns and chit.

So the bottom line? South candied out in the first round. First time since 2004. And Boone? They whipped our butt. And now we got to carry them. OK so I will do my duty Booners. I will tow the line for you and be proud to do it. But don't spit no baccer juice on me 'cause as much as I love you and support you....we will fight in a New York minute.

Good luck Kevin Connell and company! :thumb:

Good post, it is what it is, just move on from here, as Boone moves to the next round and has to focus and as South gets to resettle and focus on building into next year. We thank you for your thoughts and believe me buddy, after round 3 last year it was a bitter pill to swallow to say good luck as you watch the team that beat you moved on...so believe me how I understand what it is like so you will hear nothing but a "Thank you" from my part.

I know from the South side of things...you all have been dominant. I believe this is only the 4th time Boone has ever beat South, and I am sure this will make the border rivalry that much stronger because of this. I always felt like Boone was the little brother trying to grab South's coattails and catch up. Tonight, we caught up a bit...but it will take a long time before I will claim we have dominance or any of those other words that people have been throwing around...but Boone will take it's time and keep moving forward like we always have. I look forward to our games in the years to come comp.

Congratulations to Boone for the Big win. Congratulations to the South seniors and all the South players for turning the season around when they could have given up. I wish all much success in the future.

Congratulations to Coach Jenkins for offering his sincere apologies for the fracas on every press outlet with which he has spoken. The tape Will be reviewed by the TSSAA and my hope is Boone loses no more players for the game with West. Boone and South will be brought before a committee in the summer and face fines and penalties for this year and next.

Now that the season is over, I will ask the South AD and administration to take an in depth at the coaching situation at South. They need to interview, at least, all the seniors to get a true grasp of what's happening. I would also like to see them ban all daddys, fans, groupies and lingerers from the practice field and locker room area in the future. These young Rebels and future Rebels deserve nothing but the very best from coaching professionals who are fair and care about the well being of the players, first and foremost.

1) We are the Rebels

2) We are honored and revered

3) If we don't win 60-0 we were screwed by the refs.

4) We do not commit fouls

5) Everyone we play is redneck, racist and a South hater

6) Our Band is....well, does not apply

7) Our fans know, see, and hear all

8) We really have super duper hearing (I know, I don't understand this one either)

9) We are just superior in all ways

10) Bow down and take it Beotch

maybe two more,

11) We are the true KINGS of One and Done!

12) Now we can't beat either DB :)

How do you like it Jhilts?