Sullivan South vs Daniel Boone 1st Round

THSVikings2004

Not soft just respectful. Most of you lose sight to the bigger picture here. This is not just about football because truth be known, 99% of high school football players in this area will never see another snap after their senior year… REGARDLESS of their accolades and how many games they won. The question is did the coaching staffs do enough to encourage these players to do the right thing. When I hear about players making it all the way over to the other side of the field to take part in a braw along with the police having to come and separate the teams… I can only come to the conclusion that no they didn’t. Football is a contact sport and emotions run high off and on throughout the competition. We can’t have athletes throwing blows every time they get upset about something, or because the ref made some bad calls earlier in the game or we would never get through a single game. Some say the referees let this game get out of control… but wasn’t the coaching staff watching the same game? How come they didn’t intervene before it escalated to this point? IMO… if the TSSAA comes down on the coaches and players from both sides this crap wouldn’t happen again. And even if they don’t, the coaching staffs know who was involved… they should make examples. Just a note… two of our starting player got into a locker room fight between the two of them. Coach Stubbs suspended them both for the next two games. They were both starters and it was right before the DB game (which they didn’t get to play in). That’s how you send a message to the rest of your team that this is unacceptable.

Dang man, you drunk on that Boone haterade aren't you. I understand you being sore since we owned you guys the last couple of years but you don't have to be so obivous about it.

Well there Cap 1 buddy sounds like u have a soft spot for your little VIkings cause they couldnt handle it when we were driving it down your throat this year and last year. thats smash mouth football for ya. And for u to comment on the fight when u wasnt even there dude. thats pathetic. What was our boys suppose to do while the south kids were sitting there hittin and kicking and stompin on them was Boone suppose to sit there and just watch and not do nothin.yea i guess we were lol. Were not just gonna sit there and watch our guy get killed. idk how yall would handle that down in Bristol tho. its not all fun and games when u enter Hale my friend. Like i always say.... we play rough and tough with no apolagies. And if u dont like it grow up and grow some balls dude its football

Well there Cap 1 buddy sounds like u have a soft spot for your little VIkings cause they couldnt handle it when we were driving it down your throat this year and last year. thats smash mouth football for ya. And for u to comment on the fight when u wasnt even there dude. thats pathetic. What was our boys suppose to do while the south kids were sitting there hittin and kicking and stompin on them was Boone suppose to sit there and just watch and not do nothin.yea i guess we were lol. Were not just gonna sit there and watch our guy get killed. idk how yall would handle that down in Bristol tho. its not all fun and games when u enter Hale my friend. Like i always say.... we play rough and tough with no apolagies. And if u dont like it grow up and grow some balls dude its football

Remember, as Waco calls him "Crap1", he was at every game last Friday and knows everything and he was right there in the middle of the Boone South fight pulling players off one another. I know hes still licking the wounds from last years 2nd round upset that he had every exscuse in the world for after the game. Always exscuses and can never just man up and say Boone was the better team.

Not sure what film of the fight is on YouTube, but the film I saw tells a different story than what is being said on here. I don't know if the Boone coach in question was the head coach or not but whoever he is he does not need to be on the sideline again. The evidence of his actions is very clear while other parts of the fight are muddled by all the players in the way blocking the view. Game over. Boone did what they needed to on the field. Boone wins. Congratulations. See you next year.

I think you clowns from Boone town mistake my enthusiasm and joy of high school sports and the fun I have talking trash on CoachT with me really giving a flying leap about who wins or doesn’t win. Don’t get me wrong, I love pulling for the Tennessee High Viking but I also love pulling for the Dallas Cowboys… and believe me life is not over just because they both sucked this year. The Cowboys will be back but probably not before the Vikings will so I have no doubt that these tables will turn SOON. Besides how much fun would it be if we beat you boys from Boone like a redheaded step child EVERY year like we have for the last two decades? :lol: I along with both my kids had fun and successful high school carriers at THS, and were able to capitalize from that experience with college funding… but the high school days are over for me unless I get grandkids. And If I do… I’ll be right back in the mix and loving every minute of it. So don’t think you’re hurting my feelings with the insults about THS, because my mission is THREE TIMES accomplished as a Viking and as a Viking parent. ;) Just a side note… I nor has either of my boys EVER lose a game against Daniel Boone. Of course you probably knew that being that you’ve only won four games in SCHOOL HISTORY against THS… and three of the four were in the last two years. :roflol:

With all that aside I do wish BOTH DBs (lil db and the REAL DB) luck this coming weekend. Really… I do. I hope you get everything you deserve. :thumb:

Now that the season is over, I will ask the South AD and administration to take an in depth at the coaching situation at South. They need to interview, at least, all the seniors to get a true grasp of what's happening. I would also like to see them ban all daddys, fans, groupies and lingerers from the practice field and locker room area in the future. These young Rebels and future Rebels deserve nothing but the very best from coaching professionals who are fair and care about the well being of the players, first and foremost.

You seem to be very sensitive to "daddies" being at practice and around the locker room, so I'll comment on this. One would 1st suspect that your rants are born by lack of playing time for your son or some disgruntlement on your part. O.K., well lets assume that this is not the case. Assuming that this is not the case, then you are legitimately offering concern because uh,uh,uh---well, what??? Are you implying that "daddies" have input in their son's field time? Or what plays they run?? Or who does or does not get Cleanup Duty?? or who rides Bus 1 vs Bus 2????

Or who gets 2 Beef Jerkys and who gets 3?? Or who gets a bag with his number painted on it or who does not?? Or whether or not they get Fruit Salad??? What about the Dad who fixes the air conditioner and pays for it out of his pocket? Do you actually think the coaches reward him with playing time for his son? What about the dads who paint the field or the parents who provide and serve Pre-game Meals? Do you think they get special treatment for their sons? There's alot of good things going on at South and it does not happen with parents and supporters sitting at home on their keisters watching Two and a-half Men. I've been at a half dozen, at most, practices and I witness faithful fathers (supporters of the team) watching and talking football. Not once did I see any person, father or fan, trying to influence a coach regarding playing time, position, or anything. Are you kidding me???? Why don't you give your time and efforts to supporting South, rather than pointing fingers to some ridiculous fictitious claim. These coaches give their best and care for these kids without reservation. If you know someone who is not getting the playing time that they "deserve", then maybe they are not giving the effort in practice that the coaches deserve. Why don't you go up to the field in the spring and offer your coaching advice, as I'm sure you have all the answers. I think you lost some respect with this one.

You seem to be very sensitive to "daddies" being at practice and around the locker room, so I'll comment on this. One would 1st suspect that your rants are born by lack of playing time for your son or some disgruntlement on your part. O.K., well lets assume that this is not the case. Assuming that this is not the case, then you are legitimately offering concern because uh,uh,uh---well, what??? Are you implying that "daddies" have input in their son's field time? Or what plays they run?? Or who does or does not get Cleanup Duty?? or who rides Bus 1 vs Bus 2????

Or who gets 2 Beef Jerkys and who gets 3?? Or who gets a bag with his number painted on it or who does not?? Or whether or not they get Fruit Salad??? What about the Dad who fixes the air conditioner and pays for it out of his pocket? Do you actually think the coaches reward him with playing time for his son? What about the dads who paint the field or the parents who provide and serve Pre-game Meals? Do you think they get special treatment for their sons? There's alot of good things going on at South and it does not happen with parents and supporters sitting at home on their keisters watching Two and a-half Men. I've been at a half dozen, at most, practices and I witness faithful fathers (supporters of the team) watching and talking football. Not once did I see any person, father or fan, trying to influence a coach regarding playing time, position, or anything. Are you kidding me???? Why don't you give your time and efforts to supporting South, rather than pointing fingers to some ridiculous fictitious claim. These coaches give their best and care for these kids without reservation. If you know someone who is not getting the playing time that they "deserve", then maybe they are not giving the effort in practice that the coaches deserve. Why don't you go up to the field in the spring and offer your coaching advice, as I'm sure you have all the answers. I think you lost some respect with this one.

First, I do have a relative, not a son, at South and two more on the way. That is if it is a school in a couple of years. My rants, as you call them, have nothing to do with playing time, as my relative that played on this year's team had his share of playing time. And you have no idea what I contribute to help South. Odds are that it would be quite a bit more than you.

There are very legitimate reasons why practices should be closed to the public. Happens all the time. Why do you feel the need to be there and why does that suggestion pain you so much?

You say the coaches "give their best and care for these kids without reservation". And you know this how? And if I believe otherwise? What would you do if you believed otherwise? I guess if they have Coach in front of their name, they are not to be questioned. Do you ever read or hear the news? It is unbelievable the angst that is displayed on here when the word "fair" is used or an evaluation is mentioned. If anything is suspect, it would be that.

I know this will sound strange to you, but respect on here means nothing.

South,TH,North and anyone that's not going to the Boone game. I'm not being smart when I say this because it has bit for me to be watching the other local schools instead of DB in round two,but come on over and watch us play against one of the best backs that's ever played against the Tribe.It should be a very good game and we would love to have you.Wear your colors like I have to South,North,TH and even my second favorite team.

It was a great game but now its round 2! Since Boone won the game, now all you see on here is complaining or it just simply gets out of control. Yes, Football is a contact sport, I understand some of the loosing your temper but thats when you need to sit back and regroup. Ask yourself- what would you have done if you was one of the coaches? I like what batmanDB said, wear your colors and go support one of the other teams. (NOT BEING SMARTYPANTS- Just saying go enjoy another football game it dont have to end. Thanks BatmanDB for the invite but i will be going to support THE BLAZERS. GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS!! thumb[1].gif

p.s. Dont worry about the daddies that go to practice, that are there all the time bc its called BEING PROUD OF THEM. Just maybe they want there dad there to see what they are doing wrong or what they are practicing so they can work on it at home!

Edited by BuckMaster101

As far as the dads being at team practices,don't forget the moms.I thought of this when watching Blind Side again a day or two ago.I still like watching DB practice and made everyone I could when my son played.That doesn't mean for a dad to try and get little Johnny anything extra,but to watch and enjoy their kids.I'll never forget missing one because of work and my kid got hurt and had to have surgery a couple weeks later.Just let the dads enjoy but keep their mouths shut as for coaching the team.