Sullivan South vs Daniel Boone 1st Round

THSVikings2004

Now this is funny necause I'm not sure where you aare getting your information about me.....who said I was on the other side of the field????? And had South players in front of me? It's ok that i will be sitting home this Friday cuz you will be home week 3. There is no way Booone will beat Knox-West. LOL I love how you think Boone showed class.......I guess you have NO idea what your players did to ours while they were down. Boone will never admit what they did to the players, I have the proof by all the bruises I have seen and cuts on their faces. Stomping on their backs and chests on purpose, shoving heads into the ground...South players were treated like S**T!!!!!! Way to go Boone you all have great class! Wish I went there. GO KNOX-WEST!!!!!!!

You say you have proof that Boone made those cuts and bruises and I think you are being ignorant. One, the boys were playing tackle football and if it bothers you then you may want to take up watching soccer. Two, if Boone players was doing all that nasty that you are lying about then don't you think the refs and thousands of people would have seen a Boone player stepping on a South player or shove their face in the ground?

You are grasping for air to find a way to down Boone players, coaches, and fans. The best thing you can do is be quiet, because everytime you go on with this ignorance you are belittling yourself and misrepresenting Sullivan South.

I suppose the game on the field is enough evidence that you are wrong! Hayden is all they had and when you shut him down they don't know what to do....actually they take their frustrations out in a fight. Your precious TH got beat so go ahead and get on off the boards! Until next year $%*&$.

Ok you shut Haden down, but what’s Boones excuse… 7 points? Knowing both teams it sounds like it was an offensive struggle to me. And a brawl on the field is a down right disgrace… and to try to blame it on the refs and not take responsibility for out of control players makes it even more of a monstrosity!! It’s normal for a couple of players going at each other to lose it… but when the rest of the team jumps in and it gets out of hand as it did Friday night speaks very negatively on the coaching staff(s) and the program… IMO. I hope the film is reviewed and more perpetrators are ejected and held out of Fridays game and that includes coaches. And the cops had to get involved?!! You have got to be kidding me!! Boone already has the infamous “Musket Bowlâ€â€¦ they should call this matchup the “Hillbilly Hoe Downâ€. :roflol:

Ok you shut Haden down, but what’s Boones excuse… 7 points? Knowing both teams it sounds like it was an offensive struggle to me. And a brawl on the field is a down right disgrace… and to try to blame it on the refs and not take responsibility for out of control players makes it even more of a monstrosity!! It’s normal for a couple of players going at each other to lose it… but when the rest of the team jumps in and it gets out of hand as it did Friday night speaks very negatively on the coaching staff(s) and the program… IMO. I hope the film is reviewed and more perpetrators are ejected and held out of Fridays game and that includes coaches. And the cops had to get involved?!! You have got to be kidding me!! Boone already has the infamous “Musket Bowlâ€â€¦ they should call this matchup the “Hillbilly Hoe Downâ€. :roflol:

Never knew you were so soft Cap.

Mess with one man you get em all! Bottom line! You weren't there you don't know! The cops were brought on the field to keep our players and coaches safe, had nothing to do with the severity of the fight. Classless south, classless tn high, what's the difference? Boone prevails You all can sit and ponder the past season for a year. I believe I will follow suit with vision. This thread is no longer relevant.

Never knew you were so soft Cap.

Not soft just respectful. Most of you lose sight to the bigger picture here. This is not just about football because truth be known, 99% of high school football players in this area will never see another snap after their senior year… REGARDLESS of their accolades and how many games they won. The question is did the coaching staffs do enough to encourage these players to do the right thing. When I hear about players making it all the way over to the other side of the field to take part in a braw along with the police having to come and separate the teams… I can only come to the conclusion that no they didn’t. Football is a contact sport and emotions run high off and on throughout the competition. We can’t have athletes throwing blows every time they get upset about something, or because the ref made some bad calls earlier in the game or we would never get through a single game. Some say the referees let this game get out of control… but wasn’t the coaching staff watching the same game? How come they didn’t intervene before it escalated to this point? IMO… if the TSSAA comes down on the coaches and players from both sides this crap wouldn’t happen again. And even if they don’t, the coaching staffs know who was involved… they should make examples. Just a note… two of our starting player got into a locker room fight between the two of them. Coach Stubbs suspended them both for the next two games. They were both starters and it was right before the DB game (which they didn’t get to play in). That’s how you send a message to the rest of your team that this is unacceptable.

Not soft just respectful. Most of you lose sight to the bigger picture here. This is not just about football because truth be known, 99% of high school football players in this area will never see another snap after their senior year… REGARDLESS of their accolades and how many games they won. The question is did the coaching staffs do enough to encourage these players to do the right thing. When I hear about players making it all the way over to the other side of the field to take part in a braw along with the police having to come and separate the teams… I can only come to the conclusion that no they didn’t. Football is a contact sport and emotions run high off and on throughout the competition. We can’t have athletes throwing blows every time they get upset about something, or because the ref made some bad calls earlier in the game or we would never get through a single game. Some say the referees let this game get out of control… but wasn’t the coaching staff watching the same game? How come they didn’t intervene before it escalated to this point? IMO… if the TSSAA comes down on the coaches and players from both sides this crap wouldn’t happen again. And even if they don’t, the coaching staffs know who was involved… they should make examples. Just a note… two of our starting player got into a locker room fight between the two of them. Coach Stubbs suspended them both for the next two games. They were both starters and it was right before the DB game (which they didn’t get to play in). That’s how you send a message to the rest of your team that this is unacceptable.

Just so you know Cap, the incident was not as you depict. The interception was returned from deep in Boone territory to right in front of their bench. Obviously, 11 players from South were on the field for that play. 4 of those players were directly involved in the scrum that ensued when the ball carrier was stood up and a South player was attempting to strip the ball. A South player ended up on the ground with the ball which was awarded to Boone amidst the chaos. Only 1 other South player got into the mix as he was in the game and on the fringe when the scrum developed. Officials were at fault for not blowing the play dead earlier in my opinion but events happen fast on the field. Some players left the South sideline but were restrained by South staff prior to ever crossing the middle of the field. No South players made it from the bench to the "brawl". Only 4 or 5 Rebels were in the mix of 20-25 Boone players in front of their bench. The other 6 on the field were never in the fracas either. I don't fault any Boone staff for pushing or taking whatever action necessary to separate players as fast as they could. Unfortunately, if a player was hurt or injured while being separated or restrained by personnel or than pay-rolled staff, civil suit could be an issue, and all schools should probably address who is permitted VIP status on the sideline for this very reason.

Remember guys Cap was at every TSSAA High School football playoff game last week. He watched his beloved Vikings come so close to beating Knox West. He seen the fight at DB and knows every detail about that fight and was right in the middle of it taking notes. He was also in Maryville watching the Hilltoppers play. Oh yeah he was on Boones sideline and saw every "punch" thrown by all them "Hillbilly" Boone boys. The same Hillbilly Boone boys that ruined your perfect season last year. The Boone boys who stomped your Vikings three weeks ago.

The game is over! Boone won! Two players suspended for next game...oh and its funny when you call the Musket Bowl the "illbilly Hoedown" because it was one of the top rated rivalries in America. Its weird....I didnt see Tennessee Highs name on that list...did you?

Everyone can see your still mad about Boone taking your Champion Vikings out last year. You can call these boys Hillbillys all you want but, the fact is they are better in football than the Vikings that come from that huge city called Bristol. Yeah right more like the dead zone!

Just so you know Cap, the incident was not as you depict. The interception was returned from deep in Boone territory to right in front of their bench. Obviously, 11 players from South were on the field for that play. 4 of those players were directly involved in the scrum that ensued when the ball carrier was stood up and a South player was attempting to strip the ball. A South player ended up on the ground with the ball which was awarded to Boone amidst the chaos. Only 1 other South player got into the mix as he was in the game and on the fringe when the scrum developed. Officials were at fault for not blowing the play dead earlier in my opinion but events happen fast on the field. Some players left the South sideline but were restrained by South staff prior to ever crossing the middle of the field. No South players made it from the bench to the "brawl". Only 4 or 5 Rebels were in the mix of 20-25 Boone players in front of their bench. The other 6 on the field were never in the fracas either. I don't fault any Boone staff for pushing or taking whatever action necessary to separate players as fast as they could. Unfortunately, if a player was hurt or injured while being separated or restrained by personnel or than pay-rolled staff, civil suit could be an issue, and all schools should probably address who is permitted VIP status on the sideline for this very reason.

Well put Crawdad, the only thing i would add is allnight long when both teams were on offense the refs wouldnt blow a whistle when forword progress stoped.

The real question is… how many Trailblazers will be playing this week and will they have a head coach? :roflol::thumb:

11 on offense, 11 on defense, a few thousand in the stands, and yes I'm sure he will be there.

I know some of the newer Boone fans rub you the wrong way Cap... but come on now. It almost seems as if you are hoping for the worst from the one team left in the Big 8 in 5A.