Clarksville @ Springfield

Kevin38

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody cared last week, and this week may follow suit.....

Early prediction:

Springfield - 35

Clarksville - 14

Clarksville will go only as far as Meriweather and Rodrigez take them.....I think it's a "uphill battle" for the Wildcats...they need the Yellowjackets to turn it over...I think Springfield will be a "hard out" at home!

springfield players do not remember the lasttime they won in the playoffs but in was in 2006 and after that victory they lost to Clarksville. they are 2-4 this decade in the playoffs, 2-5 against Clarksville in the last decade, and before this season the last time Springfield beat Clarksville, Clarksville beat SPringfield in the playoffs the same season. I know both programs have new coaches, different teams but just a little history for some interesting reading.

springfield players do not remember the lasttime they won in the playoffs but in was in 2006 and after that victory they lost to Clarksville. they are 2-4 this decade in the playoffs, 2-5 against Clarksville in the last decade, and before this season the last time Springfield beat Clarksville, Clarksville beat SPringfield in the playoffs the same season. I know both programs have new coaches, different teams but just a little history for some interesting reading.

Prophet...I know Springfield is not known for traveling in large numbers...but given the fact that they are hosting, i suspect this will be an electric atmosphere when Clarksville comes to town this Friday! Their home crowds have been pretty good from what I remember. I would love to see this one!!

Edited by QBClubPrez

Mr. Prophet, history lesson for you too! The last time Henry County lost in the playoffs was against Gallatin, which is in your part of the bracket. I personally would like to see the rematch in Paris to shut everyone up, and actually see who is the better team. However, Springfield has to go through Clarksville High, and then a game with Beech or Northeast. Tough road, but the Patriots must beat the Coyotes, then a game with Gallatin or Hendersonville. History is just that, the past, and this is a new week for all teams. A new season, and anyone can win in the playoffs! Anything can happen!

I personally don't like to face a team twice in one season.I feel the Jackets have improved since the earlier game at Clarksville , but at the same time it looks like Clarksville has also ,two old time rivals at Boyce Smith Field on friday , should be a good one. GO JACKETS!!

I personally don't like to face a team twice in one season.I feel the Jackets have improved since the earlier game at Clarksville , but at the same time it looks like Clarksville has also ,two old time rivals at Boyce Smith Field on friday , should be a good one. GO JACKETS!!

If this be true...the "old time rivals" part...then why in the world would Springfield be looking to join another district? Why would they not want to remain in District 10-AAA with teams like Clarksville High, Dickson County and Henry County??....please do not mention travel...that's not it!...Commissh...any thoughts??

Edited by QBClubPrez