Bowl Game Rhea County vs Grace Christian Academy Knoxville

Rhea Co.

Maybe he was thinking that stats dont count after the regular season is over. If this is the case then I can't blame the guy for looking out for his kids. I guess my question to all is this. If your kid was close to a record setting year wouldn't you like to see him get it. The last time I checked it doesn't matter if you loose by 1 or 100 it is still only a loss. I know lots of you will jump all over this but, what does it matter the amount? If you loose you loose.

Really? You think he was looking out for his kids by continuing to throw it in the 4th quarter up by 40 just so a couple of them could set records? First of all I can't fathom a coach even knowing about some individual record in a team sport, second it is beyond belief that said coach would run up the score on a team that was obviously made up of mostly Freshmen and sophomores. I guess bigearl had it right honesty and integrity are concepts with which gca is not familiar with.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last scouting report of the year. This game is all or nothing for both teams. Win and you send your seniors out on a high note and momentum for the off season. Lose, well that is about it.

Well one more game for the boys from Rhea. We are looking forward to making the trip up to Carson-Newman College for a Thursday night bowl game. We will be playing Grace Christian Academy out of Knoxville. Coaching Grace will be Coach Randy McKamey. Grace comes into the contest with a 7-3 record and a 12th rank in the Class 1A AP poll. Grace will be running a multiple formation offense. They get in a flex-bone, spread, and empty set mainly. They have got in an unbalanced formation also. Playing QB for Grace will be one of two players Tyler Duggins #16 (5’9 175 So) or Parker Shelton #18 (6’0 165 Jr). Both are pretty good QBs, they both bring different things to the field that can help the team. However, I think Duggins is a little bit better. Grace has a pretty good stable of running backs. Leading the ground game will be Jared Carlton #9 (5’10 180 Jr). He is not the fastest back we will face but he has very good vision, powerful runner, gets through the hole very well. Also running the ball will be Will McKamey #24 (5’9 150 So), Harley Palmer #33 (5’10 215 Jr), and Jacob Belcher #6 (5’9 160 Sr). McKamey is a decent back he is still young and has potential to be a very good player. Palmer is a good full back he runs the ball hard and will stick up in there. The main receivers for Grace will be Jake Minga #4 (6’2 185 Jr), Michael McCoy #22 (5’10 170 Jr), and Caleb Milton #19 (6’1 235 Jr). Minga is their go to receiver. He is very impressive on film he has very good hands, decent speed, good vision and good size too. He will be one to watch Thursday. Milton is a good looking athlete on film he has very good size and speed. I have seen Milton line up at tight end also. The offensive line for Grace is by far the more impressive part of the offense. They are very good as a unit and have very good size. On the offensive line will be Ryan Herbst #77 (6’2 230 Sr), Jarrett Galloway #61 (6’1 290 Jr), Preston Morris #63 (6’2 230 Jr), Christian Stewart #79 (6’0 220 Jr) and Ethan Valentine #53 (5’11 335Jr) Herbst is a very good looking lineman on film. He does a lot of very good things; he makes a lot of key blocks also.

The Defense for Grace will be a 4-3 defense. The defensive line is very good, maybe one of the better line units that we have faced. Playing on the line will be Davis Frank #12 (6’4 235 Sr), Christian Stewart, Caleb Milton, Jarrett Galloway and Preston Morris, Frank is an outstanding defensive end. He gets off the ball very well, makes a lot of tackles, and he can get to the QB very well. The linebacking corp. doesn’t really impress me, but then again we have already seen a lot of outstanding linebacking corps this season. Playing at linebacker will be Sterlin Bowery #25 (5’9 185 So), Harley Palmer, and #44 who I don’t have a name for. The secondary for Grace is very good with a lot of very good playmakers. Jake Minga, Jacob Belcher, Will McKamey, Michael McCoy and Bill Dixon #10 (6’0 160 So). Minga and Belcher do a great job defending the pass.

The special teams for Grace are about average for high school. Not overly impressive but they get the job done.

Overall impressions of Grace, they are a talented group of athletes. They play hard, have good size, and speed. However, they do some things that I have to call into question. I noticed on a few of the films they are running some plays that are not legal like handing it off to the offensive guard, releasing a offensive tackle to catch a pass, and the center has a bad tendency to commit snap infractions. I think its going to be a good test for Rhea. Grace called us out for this game, so well here we are.

Overall impressions of Grace, they are a talented group of athletes. They play hard, have good size, and speed. However, they do some things that I have to call into question. I noticed on a few of the films they are running some plays that are not legal like handing it off to the offensive guard, releasing a offensive tackle to catch a pass, and the center has a bad tendency to commit snap infractions. I think its going to be a good test for Rhea. Grace called us out for this game, so well here we are.

Hand off to the guard? :shock:

Hand off to the guard? :shock:

IF IT IS ILLEGAL HOW DO THEY GET BY WITH IT. NOT SURE EVERYONE IS CLEAR ON THE RULES. IT IS LEGAL TO HAND THE BALL TO A LINEMAN.(THEY RAN IT ON US A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO....I CHECKED THE RULES) AND TO SAY THAT A COACH HAS NO CLUE THAT ONE OR MORE OF HIS PLAYERS HAS A CHANCE TO SET RECORDS??????????? ARE YOU SERIOUS? IF ONE OF THOSE KIDS WERE MINE I WOULD AT THE LEAST EXPECT HIS POSITION COACH TO KNOW AND PASS THAT INFO ON THE HEAD COACH. I WILL SAY THAT IN MY OPINION I WOULD WANT A COACH TO ALLOW MY BOY TO REACH THAT MARK. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS AS THEY PLAY THURSDAY NIGHT. HOPE BOTH COME OUT HEALTHY AND WILL BE PRAYING FOR TRAVELING GRACE FOR BOTH TEAMS AND ALL FANS WHO MAKE THE TRIP.

IF IT IS ILLEGAL HOW DO THEY GET BY WITH IT. NOT SURE EVERYONE IS CLEAR ON THE RULES. IT IS LEGAL TO HAND THE BALL TO A LINEMAN.(THEY RAN IT ON US A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO....I CHECKED THE RULES) AND TO SAY THAT A COACH HAS NO CLUE THAT ONE OR MORE OF HIS PLAYERS HAS A CHANCE TO SET RECORDS??????????? ARE YOU SERIOUS? IF ONE OF THOSE KIDS WERE MINE I WOULD AT THE LEAST EXPECT HIS POSITION COACH TO KNOW AND PASS THAT INFO ON THE HEAD COACH. I WILL SAY THAT IN MY OPINION I WOULD WANT A COACH TO ALLOW MY BOY TO REACH THAT MARK. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS AS THEY PLAY THURSDAY NIGHT. HOPE BOTH COME OUT HEALTHY AND WILL BE PRAYING FOR TRAVELING GRACE FOR BOTH TEAMS AND ALL FANS WHO MAKE THE TRIP.

Your caps lock is on again. The record thing is a non-issue. If it's your kid on the other (getting blown out) side of it you are mad. If it's your kid seeking a record it's fine.

As far as I know, you can hand the ball off to anyone you want.

Unfortunately, the loopholes that allowed Walt Cameron to create the original A-11 offense have been closed and tackle eligible plays are no longer legal in high school ball.

All this talk about Grace blowing the other team out is irrelevant. The high flying Rhea Co offense will hang at least 50 on these private school kids.

Maybe he was thinking that stats dont count after the regular season is over. If this is the case then I can't blame the guy for looking out for his kids. I guess my question to all is this. If your kid was close to a record setting year wouldn't you like to see him get it. The last time I checked it doesn't matter if you loose by 1 or 100 it is still only a loss. I know lots of you will jump all over this but, what does it matter the amount? If you loose you loose.

ToyotaMan,

My post wasn't concerned with how long he left his starters in the game. If he decided to leave one in to break a record, that is his business. I'm more concerned with the fact that any coach-- regardless of whether he represented a "Christian school" or not--would tell a newspaper reporter "this is it" "we're done" after a Friday night game when he knew that his team was going to be playing again. The logical conclusion to be drawn there would be that he didn't tell the truth.

Enjoyed the game. Hate to say it but Grace does seem to have some "attitude", I noticed alot of mouthing and shoving going on last night. Wonder this, you think they might be able to find an impartial announcer next time? If he wasn't wearing a Grace Academy sweatshirt and cap, I'll kiss your (fill in blank).

Congratulations on a big win! That's not the first time i have heard that about Grace. I work with a guy and his son plays for Coalfield and they have said the same thing.

Enjoyed the game. Hate to say it but Grace does seem to have some "attitude", I noticed alot of mouthing and shoving going on last night. Wonder this, you think they might be able to find an impartial announcer next time? If he wasn't wearing a Grace Academy sweatshirt and cap, I'll kiss your (fill in blank).

Good game Eagles. Way to finish off the season. And yes glad our boys didn't respond to the bad attitude showing of Grace.