Macon @ David Lipscomb

geo1126

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wishbone, Macon will feel right at home. Actually, like Macon, DL's stadium is boxed in by small houses and you might find a deal on parking in a driveway. They have parking but you will have to get there early to get one in the parking lot. Ogor is right about seating.. Not much and some may want to sit on DL's side but don't expect to feel welcome, and don't dare sit in the cushioned purple and gold recliners. They are reserved. Just like Macon, they will bring their fans.

DL has playmakers and Officer will make the Tigers work. I don't think DL will make it to Cookeville although they may go to Round 3. Macon may sneak up on them and take them down, but they beat Goodpasture so even if MC loses there will nothing to hang your heads about.

The Mustangs have a website that they normally put up Game Day notes but I don't know if they still do or not.

Good Luck to both teams.

Thanks for all the good information Cat2. No doubt this will be a tough row to hoe for the Tigers. Good luck to the Bobcats and fans also.

1. Thank you

2. none

3. Neither.

Very clever, Jethro. I see the Macon county schools haven't gotten around to teaching what a period is yet. No, no, no Macon co fans, I'm not talking about the kind of period your sister gets and you have a celebration because you aren't going to be a daddy.

The only thing funnier than the trash on this thread is macon co's 5 crappy wins getting them into the playoffs.

Thank you for your vote of confidence in us. I remember another team a few years ago that went into playoffs with 5-5 record and went on to win the whole thing. Though you may think that those wins were " 5 crappy wins", I bet the boys playing, the coaches and even the fans didnt find them to be " crappy" at all. You may not think we have talent but it isnt your place to judge us. Play tough and play hard Friday night Tigers, we are Proud of you. GO BIG BLUE

Thank you for your vote of confidence in us. I remember another team a few years ago that went into playoffs with 5-5 record and went on to win the whole thing. Though you may think that those wins were " 5 crappy wins", I bet the boys playing, the coaches and even the fans didnt find them to be " crappy" at all. You may not think we have talent but it isnt your place to judge us. Play tough and play hard Friday night Tigers, we are Proud of you. GO BIG BLUE

great post julie,now boys let's get'r done.

I personally like playin DL right off the bat. That way if we beat them its all downhill prolly. Plus macon is healthy now and wouldnt be after a few weeks of playoffs. I say put 10 in the box and make them throw to win......Im sure Pemberton will have em ready!

All downhill? You do realize that if you were to somehow beat Lipscomb Friday, your likely opponent next week would be Giles co. You know, the defending 4A state champion....

Does anyone have good directions to the field? I see the school is on Granny White Pike.

MC fans do yourself a favor and do not go to Granny white Pike, too much traffic. Which ever exit you take, I prefer Harding Place, you will need to turn on Lealand Ln, this road takes you to the visitor side of the stadium where you will park for free in the grass behind the visitor stands. Beware of the yeller milk jugs filled with beans!! Hopefully the winner will be making the trip to Giles next week. Dont care who we play as long as we are playing.

MC fans do yourself a favor and do not go to Granny white Pike, too much traffic. Which ever exit you take, I prefer Harding Place, you will need to turn on Lealand Ln, this road takes you to the visitor side of the stadium where you will park for free in the grass behind the visitor stands. Beware of the yeller milk jugs filled with beans!! Hopefully the winner will be making the trip to Giles next week. Dont care who we play as long as we are playing.

But is there a gate on the visitor side? It"s been awhile since I've been but I don"t remember one. ( But I got there early so parked in the parking lot.)

But is there a gate on the visitor side? It"s been awhile since I've been but I don"t remember one. ( But I got there early so parked in the parking lot.)

The paved parking is only for Lispcomb members and there is no open gate on the visitors side. Long hike around to get in from the grass parking but they open the gate on the visitor side to exit after the game.

The paved parking is only for Lispcomb members and there is no open gate on the visitors side. Long hike around to get in from the grass parking but they open the gate on the visitor side to exit after the game.

Still talking about parking? Well believe me Lealand is the way to go, in and out. Now if you can't make the 660 foot walk please park in the parking lot, might cut it in half. Forget the stands bring a video camera and get on top of the press box you will have some great company. FOX17 might even show up.

So take Harding Place off of 65 South then right onto Leland Lane to the visitors side...Thanks 5xDad. I certainly appreciate the heads up on traffic. Saved me a call to my good buddy for best directions. Good luck Friday night.