Blount County Schools Football

PhoosballPhan

I have a question. The schools themselves dont have a lot, def not the final, say in who gets hired to be a coach, right? So why dont parents and supporters ask some hard questions to those folks up at Central Office? Govman and others have worked their rears off to support the county schools programs, but the Central Office hires the folks that ultimately take the reins as coaches. And I do realize budget, salaries, stipends, etc. in the county system are lower, at least I'm guessing, but I think the leadership is the ones ultimately responsible for drawing really good coaches. Am I off target here?

There is a lot of waste at the top in the county schools. Admin takes the lions share of the $$. Education has become as bureaucratic as the other governmental bodies.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question. The schools themselves dont have a lot, def not the final, say in who gets hired to be a coach, right? So why dont parents and supporters ask some hard questions to those folks up at Central Office? Govman and others have worked their rears off to support the county schools programs, but the Central Office hires the folks that ultimately take the reins as coaches. And I do realize budget, salaries, stipends, etc. in the county system are lower, at least I'm guessing, but I think the leadership is the ones ultimately responsible for drawing really good coaches. Am I off target here?

Good Post

There is a lot of waste at the top in the county schools. Admin takes the lions share of the $$. Education has become as bureaucratic as the other governmental bodies.

That is the case around America my friend. Should a school employee quit and 280 days later stop getting paid. In the real world you quit your job your pay stops the day you leave, not a year later.

If you ever get a look at how much some of these school adminstrators get paid, your mouth will drop. Americas schools, and very much our local ones are no different, it is all about the admin and teachers then last is the students.

Heck the Maryville city building and water treatment plant is nicer than most of the schools in the city.

Anyway if WB and HHS's boosters want to win they will put up the cash for coaches, because the county won't.

Edited by FBEmeritus

I reckon they will have to seeing as how you guys cannot do it. Get over your pity party and build your programs.

There is no pity party here,we would build our program if players stayed put.I know most folks at Maryville and Alcoa like to keep the blinders on and think that they would be just as good without transfer players.If you really believe that quit taking them for a while and see if you keep repeating as state champs.

There is no pity party here,we would build our program if players stayed put.I know most folks at Maryville and Alcoa like to keep the blinders on and think that they would be just as good without transfer players.If you really beoollieve that quit taking them for a while and see if you keep repeating as state champs.

Once again it is always someone elses fault. Listen if your school system would fix its other problems then some of those kids would stay put. Unfortantaly you guys keep wanting to point at AHS and MHS as your problem when it is your school system as a whole that is the issue. Again it starts at the top and works its way downhill leadership is where it starts hiring the right teachers and coaches. :bored:

Once again it is always someone elses fault. Listen if your school system would fix its other problems then some of those kids would stay put. Unfortantaly you guys keep wanting to point at AHS and MHS as your problem when it is your school system as a whole that is the issue. Again it starts at the top and works its way downhill leadership is where it starts hiring the right teachers and coaches. :bored:

I agree. The coaching staffs at both county schools are not very good. Poor leadership at both schools from what I hear. I think the assistants at Heritage are probably a little better, but neither school has much experience at the position coaching level. What I can't understand is that three or four years ago William Blount had a pretty experienced coaching staff and most of those guys seem to be gone. Heritage has a completely different staff from a few years ago as well. The problem with the county schools is a severe amount of instability, not just with head coaches. Maryville and Alcoa have built what they have by keeping the same people around and building STABLE programs.

You are probably right becauase the two school systems you are talking about have the best teams that money can buy,if more money was available we could make the needed improvements at our schools. If this is all about money and leadership in the school systems those changes will not happen soon. One thing that can change is the policy of taking kids from outside your school district so you can pump up your athletic teams,I believe that should happen in college not in high school.

You are probably right becauase the two school systems you are talking about have the best teams that money can buy,if more money was available we could make the needed improvements at our schools. If this is all about money and leadership in the school systems those changes will not happen soon. One thing that can change is the policy of taking kids from outside your school district so you can pump up your athletic teams,I believe that should happen in college not in high school.

Who did we buy moutain ear 9???....When'st yore own alumni leeve az yore coach that sez all that needs two be sed.... :popcorneater: