Scheduling Games

howdoitknow

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sol- One is traveling on I-40 and one on I-140.

The one that's traveling I-140 will be shown no respect by its' fellow DII member school fans as they will say that they should not be used as a measuring stick between whichever Blount Co. power it's playing against because they aren't anywhere close to as good as the top DII schools. To those people who will no doubt come out of the woodwork when this is announced, I say... at least the team traveling I-140 stepped to the plate and is willing to play!

The one that's traveling I-140 will be shown no respect by its' fellow DII member school fans as they will say that they should not be used as a measuring stick between whichever Blount Co. power it's playing against because they aren't anywhere close to as good as the top DII schools. To those people who will no doubt come out of the woodwork when this is announced, I say... at least the team traveling I-140 stepped to the plate and is willing to play!

Sweep, your boys will be fine. Not sure who wins but you know they will be competitive. This year would not have been the best year to step up to the plate with one of those Blount Co. teams in particular, but next year may be a better choice. Good coaching, good scheme, good athletes generally equates to lots of victories and very competitive in any losses. I'd pay to watch that double header anytime if my boys weren't playing but they will be, so I'll have to DVR it I guess. Has the ESPN contract been signed yet? (just kidding)

Sweep, your boys will be fine. Not sure who wins but you know they will be competitive. This year would not have been the best year to step up to the plate with one of those Blount Co. teams in particular, but next year may be a better choice. Good coaching, good scheme, good athletes generally equates to lots of victories and very competitive in any losses.

Actually they did very well against one of the Blount Co. powers in the last scrimmage of this preseason. I think it was pretty much universally agreed that on that day they came out on top. Obviously not anywhere close to how a real game would end up but they really showed me and a lot of people from Blount Co. who were at that scrimmage that they can play some ball.

Also, I agree they could be potentially better next year but they'll have to replace 3 out of 4 starters in the d-line and 4 out of 5 in the o-line. They will be returning all offensive skill positions except QB and all LBs and DBs. Early in the season makes the line issue more of a concern than if this year's team lined up with them.

Actually they did very well against one of the Blount Co. powers in the last scrimmage of this preseason. I think it was pretty much universally agreed that on that day they came out on top. Obviously not anywhere close to how a real game would end up but they really showed me and a lot of people from Blount Co. who were at that scrimmage that they can play some ball.

Also, I agree they could be potentially better next year but they'll have to replace 3 out of 4 starters in the d-line and 4 out of 5 in the o-line. They will be returning all offensive skill positions except QB and all LBs and DBs. Early in the season makes the line issue more of a concern than if this year's team lined up with them.

I would actually expect Webb to compete very well with Alcoa if this match up materializes. I do think it's debatable whether Webb would fare better this year with their current seniors or better next year not having to face several outstanding Alcoa seniors.

I would have to pick Alcoa for the victory, but I would not be a bit surprised if Webb kept it close. While Webb hasn't seen anyone like Alcoa IMO, I also don't believe Alcoa has seen anyone this year that runs the Wing-T with the precision and outstanding backs that Webb has. I too would pay to see this match up.

I would actually expect Webb to compete very well with Alcoa if this match up materializes. I do think it's debatable whether Webb would fare better this year with their current seniors or better next year not having to face several outstanding Alcoa seniors.

I would have to pick Alcoa for the victory, but I would not be a bit surprised if Webb kept it close. While Webb hasn't seen anyone like Alcoa IMO, I also don't believe Alcoa has seen anyone this year that runs the Wing-T with the precision and outstanding backs that Webb has. I too would pay to see this match up.

I'll take Alcoa's field General Nix's chances against the wing-t run game any day! :thumb:

I'll take Alcoa's field General Nix's chances against the wing-t run game any day! :thumb:

I agree with you BC, BUT, Meske just has got those guys so well coached and that wingt fine tuned to the point that they can make it work even against big strong teams like Alcoa. I would expect Alcoa to win, but I never underestimate Webb. Those little ole backs get lost behind all the pulling linemen and if they get a seam they are gone. I think Alcoa can pound it till they wilt a little, but thats going on this years tandem of #1 and #2 behind #66 and company. Don't know about next year.

Alcoa will be a powerhouse again next year, like they are every year. Webb is scrappy, but they won't be able to hang with Alcoa. 31-14 sounds about right, maybe worse. Kudos to the Spartans for stepping up, though. Now, MBA/Maryville will be more competitive. I just wish Ensworth or BA would've stepped up. After the next two years are Alcoa and Maryville going to make return trips to Nashville to play MBA at their place?

Alcoa and Maryville had to create a Bowl game and offer $3500 per team to get scheduled games. The great thing is two DIi teams are now scheduled to play and settle this "elite DII" crap! :thumb:

Do you really think that MBA decided to play this game for $3,500.00? This is a school with a 54 MILLION DOLLAR endowment fund. Maybe ya'll asked and they said OK, think that could be possible? What is up with the no return trip?