Scheduling Games

howdoitknow

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're exactly right catfish. I think everybody will wait to see what happens after this year. T$$AA is sure to change the format.............again. If they put a strength of schedule component in, they you're sure to get some games. If not, try top notch 1A and 2A schools like Jo Byrns, Nashville Christian, Cascade or good teams above you in classification. Smith County didn't want to reup? Goodpasture? It's a sham. Coaches with contacts that can schedule their way into the playoffs will not play you unless they think they can beat you. Teams in your classification won't schedule you if they think they'll meet you in the playoffs. Go to Clarksville. Schedule Kenwood, West Creek or Rossview and hope for the best. Come in 2nd in your class in your district and get put out in the first round.

Good basketball and baseball teams can schedule up when they have a competitive team and try to get themselves better for the post season run. They're gonna have to win a district tournament and compete well in region to go anywhere. Football teams in the same boat have to schedule wins just to get in. It's messed up. Always has been.

Edited by ksgovols

It is getting interesting Big Country. Giles has scheduled up under OC both in regular season and scrimmages. Our non-conference will stay in the 5a & 6a arena. We always play our rival Lawrenceburg and will stay 6a with the rest. I am a firm believer that finishing with 3 losses against the strong higher class programs would prepare a team better for the playoffs vs cupcake high.

The kicker is the coaches are scrambling to fill the spots now without knowing how the T$$AA will change the rules. It seems that one would error on the side of a tougher schedule rather than taking a chance on receiving a lower seed for winning easy games. Then again to many losses and you don't get in. Who knew one of the major off season strategies would be who to schedule. :ph34r:

Everyone wants to play 'cupcakes' and nobody wants to schedule worthwhile games. This system sucks! I was definitely not aware that Cheatham County was on the status to where nobody wants to play them for the next 2 years however I have been proven wrong these last 2 days.

CC is a very worthy opponent. We enjoyed our two year schedule with CC but travel distance between the two schools hampered the continued play. Howdy, you folks had key injuries this yeaar that really hurt. Good luck next year. :)

Everyone wants to play 'cupcakes' and nobody wants to schedule worthwhile games. This system sucks! I was definitely not aware that Cheatham County was on the status to where nobody wants to play them for the next 2 years however I have been proven wrong these last 2 days.

Not everyone. Austin-East will not load their non-district schedule with 'cupcakes'

Is week 9 open for CC? If so, then please call Coach Bradley at CAK. We are desperately seeking a week 9 game. Call 865-690-690-4721

This is kinda of a reversal for me, we (Sequoyah) would be consider by most as a "cupcake" team, so on the flip side if we cant schedule harder teams, such as CAK, Signal Mountain, etc.., how are we to get better. Now granted I personally dont think they schedule us for the automatic win. Correct me if Im wrong but we actually got a better seeding because of our strength of scheduling, so to me it is part of the system, maybe it should be the first thing we look at instead of the fourth.

:popcorneater: