MTCS visits Gordonsville

croz6110

Woodmore and Smith will cause any defense problems. Smith has improved throwing the ball also. G'ville always plays good defense and I expect to see them playing better "d" as the year goes on. Good luck Tigers from the North side.

I agree with woodmore and smith being trouble for any defense after seeing them play once. I believe that they will be fine at least until south pitt, I have seen them too and think their speed will possibly be an answer for smith and gang tackling might be the answer for woodmore. One thing for sure as long as both teams take care of business this weekend I cant wait for this neutral fan to make the trip to Beene stadium in south pittsburgh for that slobberknocker!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Croz...someone at FC told me Friday night that MTCS was the third best team they faced this year, which could mean a good game in the early goings. Not going to predict a mercy rule, but in the end, I think you'll be too much for them. Looking too far down the road is the only thing I see stopping the Tigers in this one. Come out and take care of business...from the opening whistle!

Croz...someone at FC told me Friday night that MTCS was the third best team they faced this year, which could mean a good game in the early goings. Not going to predict a mercy rule, but in the end, I think you'll be too much for them. Looking too far down the road is the only thing I see stopping the Tigers in this one. Come out and take care of business...from the opening whistle!

Mtcs is a better team, than their record shows. They had some injuries during the season. They could easily be 8-2 or 9-1.

I wouldnt completely agree with them being the third best team, i would put them at the fourth best team with Macon County being the third best team, and we played them early in the season and did not know much about our team, where MTCS has like 17 seniors or somethin and pretty well knew there identity.

Gordonsville was the ones that was suppose to get blown out last year... We didn't show up till the second half... Gordonsville isn't the same team either from last year, we fill like we have unfinished business and look forward to this game against MTCS... We welcome MTCS to Gordonsville Friday night... it will be a hostile environment

its a good thing games are not played by wat the people in this thread think cause if they were there would be no reason to play the game yall dont give MTCS enough credit and you dont know what your talking about Mtcs went 4-6 g ville went like 6-4 the people on this topic last year said mtcs would get blown out and they didnt the paper said mtcs would get blown out and they didnt

its a good thing games are not played by wat the people in this thread think cause if they were there would be no reason to play the game yall dont give MTCS enough credit and you dont know what your talking about Mtcs went 4-6 g ville went like 6-4 the people on this topic last year said mtcs would get blown out and they didnt the paper said mtcs would get blown out and they didnt

Well, I will just have to agree with last years threads: "MTCS gets blown out by Gville".

The Massey Ratings have Gville winning 26-11.

Someone said MTCS's defense is pretty good.

Gville has been shutout once.

Other than that, their lowest points totals is 28 and 33, and that is against Friendship and Trousdale, respectively.

... and that was against teams with a combined record of 22 - 48 with only one of those teams having a winning record.

You can make numbers and stats say whatever you want them to say. Take out the top three opponents for MTCS and the others had nearly as lousy a record (23 - 47). I think Gville played two teams better than MTCS played (Smith County and TC) -- blown out by Smith County; close game with TC. MTCS and Gville both played FCS -- MTCS losing 14-0 and Gville winning 28-7.

I totally get Gville being the favorite in this game. I don't get any reasonably minded person thinking it is going to be like Gville playing Monterey or Clay County. In the end none of this talk matters -- the players will decide the outcome on the field. Here's to an injury free game.