Bearden @ Dobyns-Bennett

ArtVandalay

I know the past does not matter. But remember Bearden is 1-12 against DB with their only win coming in 2007. That 2007 score was 8-7 Bearden against a very down DB team. In 2008 DB won at Bearden 31-14 and DB held back. The past is the past and both teams are new, but DB has had their number and is 12-1 and that one win was by 1 point and it was a close game.

I know the past does not matter. But remember Bearden is 1-12 against DB with their only win coming in 2007. That 2007 score was 8-7 Bearden against a very down DB team. In 2008 DB won at Bearden 31-14 and DB held back. The past is the past and both teams are new, but DB has had their number and is 12-1 and that one win was by 1 point and it was a close game.

In 2007, Bearden{12-2} lost 17-14 in the state semi's to Smyrna in a game most thought they should have won.Smyrna beat Independence 46-20 the next week for the State title.Our competetion in 2007 was a little tougher than people really knew.A loss to Oak Ridge(8-3} and then we beat them in the playoffs.The other two teams we lost to,Bearden put out of the playoffs.William Blount{9-3} and Farragut{11-2}.That 8-4 DB team beat the weak sisters as well. I just hope we can get better as the playoffs roll along this year and not have a false sence of security because of this years competetion being down from the last few regular seasons.

Edited by BatmanDB

I have been looking in on coach t forums for a couple of years now,and i find it funny that i pick now to post my first response....I know the Young kid from bearden is the best player we have seen all year and i am scared to death of him running all over the J Fred turf,but the last time i looked one player will not beat DB...not with all the skill players we have this year.....additionaly,ask Clinton,Farragut,Daniel Boone,Tenn High,and Science Hill what happened to their bigger lineman after the first quarter...saw alot of bending over and walking after chasing DB players all over the field....Hoping for good game and nobody gets hurt..got a feeling who has the ball last will win this game

Dobyns-Bennett 42

Bearden 14

DB has not let a team run over them this year and I don't see Bearden starting a new trend. Now that round 1 is out of the way and no more of this one and done talk, DB will dominant this game because they have the talent, hunger, and desire.

ROLL TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking today ? I should have been a no spelling psychiatrist.Only thing I dislike more then a liar is a thief.As long as I'm not to annoyed,I guess I can take it.

Im not knocking you smarts Batman but it don't take a spelling psychiatrist to figure him out.

Dobyns-Bennett 42

Bearden 14

DB has not let a team run over them this year and I don't see Bearden starting a new trend. Now that round 1 is out of the way and no more of this one and done talk, DB will dominant this game because they have the talent, hunger, and desire.

ROLL TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's okay to pull for a NET team but let's not get to carried away.

It's okay to pull for a NET team but let's not get to carried away.

Hey Sasquatch.... I have been cheering for Boone for 2 seasons now... it is easy for me to say Go Boone! The Indians don't have decades of hatered built up with Boone, maybe that's why... I could never cheer for some local teams.

Go Boone beat West

Roll Tribe Roll

In 2007, Bearden{12-2} lost 17-14 in the state semi's to Smyrna in a game most thought they should have won.Smyrna beat Independence 46-20 the next week for the State title.Our competetion in 2007 was a little tougher than people really knew.A loss to Oak Ridge(8-3} and then we beat them in the playoffs.The other two teams we lost to,Bearden put out of the playoffs.William Blount{9-3} and Farragut{11-2}.That 8-4 DB team beat the weak sisters as well. I just hope we can get better as the playoffs roll along this year and not have a false sence of security because of this years competetion being down from the last few regular seasons.

I'm still chapped about the lost opportunity from '07. In retrospect, it might have been our best shot at a state title in many years, not because we had one of our best teams, but because we got most of what we had out of our ability, and there were no real juggernauts elsewhere that year. The poor start record-wise let us fly under the radar and keep getting better with no pressure entering the playoffs because no one expected us to do anything. But based on how the playoffs unfolded we could have taken it all.

Just some extra notes for what seems like the majority DB fans.

- Last week was the first game since week 3 that the whole team has been healthy.

-Have had numerous xp's blocked throughout the year.

- Do NOT have a kicker that can put the ball in the endzone, will be skying it to 30-35 every k.o.

- Bearden was missing captains Peyton Landers and Drew Williamson in the Maryville, Farragut games.

- QB Riemer can create some big plays on his feet but has a tendency to always feel like he has to make a play-- multiple forced passes, INT's.

- O-Line is sub-par. Near all of Dev's yards this year were earned by him.

- Core of team is linebacking unit, Logan Candela #88, Peyton Landers #21, Drew Williamson #42.

- Devrin's only glaring problem is that he always wants to bust off a run for the highlight reel, more east-west.

- Speeds at wideout are dangerous.

- D-line can swat down low balls by the dozen, 4 v. Hardin Valley.

- Team is looking forward to playing against a program like Dobyns-Bennett but don't expect the fans to be as willing to make the trek to Kingsport.

Also, this 2 hour bus ride should be interesting :popcorneater: