AC vs. Powell

oppressed238

I would tend to believe AC will show better due to Morristown West's effort in this past game. AC got just about all they wanted and I felt that AC maybe wasn't totally focused on them (only the coaches and players know that for sure). The look that Mo West gave them on defence seemed similar to what they got from Powell earlier in the year. However, Mo West couldn't control AC the same way. I think having a difficult game as this past week should help due to the last time AC played Powell, they had softer opponents (than Mo West) leading up the game. I believe AC has to look at this week as if it were their championship game for they will need to play their best effort of the year to win. No predictions on this one.

Go Mavs!

Im with you, no predictions...I just hope AC comes to play win or loose I hope the winner of this game wins the state....

I talked to a few people "in the know" at the game on Friday night, and there wasn't a single one of them who thought Mobley would be suited up for the remainder of the playoffs. I'm sure HTV has some info, but he's been pretty tight-lipped about it, which I completely understand.

Ultimately, it is still a coach/administrative decision, but I just don't see how/why he actually gets a second chance this season. A lot of fans were talking about it at Friday night's game, and almost everyone I talked to believes he needs to sit out the rest of the year, pay his due, and get mentally ready for another chance to prove himself next season.

I hear from a fairly reliable source this could be Mobley's last absentee game. If the Panthers beat AC this week he may be able to suit up for the next game if the Coach/Administration so desires. Something about a 14 day rule. However, Powell needs to forget about this distraction and concentrate on the Mavs. Everything will work out the way it should. :thumb:

Im with you, no predictions...I just hope AC comes to play win or loose I hope the winner of this game wins the state....

I totally agree. Both of these teams are worthy of a championship run. Even if the Panthers don't win, I'd love to see AC finish what they started last year in the playoffs.

I hear from a fairly reliable source this could be Mobley's last absentee game.

Don't believe everything you hear from "reliable sources", ZCAR. There are way too many reliable sources out there, and none of them seem to have a clue.

Edited by HTV

I talked to a few people "in the know" at the game on Friday night, and there wasn't a single one of them who thought Mobley would be suited up for the remainder of the playoffs. I'm sure HTV has some info, but he's been pretty tight-lipped about it, which I completely understand.

Ultimately, it is still a coach/administrative decision, but I just don't see how/why he actually gets a second chance this season. A lot of fans were talking about it at Friday night's game, and almost everyone I talked to believes he needs to sit out the rest of the year, pay his due, and get mentally ready for another chance to prove himself next season.

Not many times have I disagreed with you on things (maybe never) but I wonder about these fans that said they wanted him out for the remainder of the season (maybe I wonder if they were fans from that "uppity" clique or real fans)but I too was at the game for 3 quarters and when I told the true story to the ones I trust that wont go spreading it, they actually had a hard time believing the schools discipline vs the teams discipline, Everyone relayed that a 2 game suspension would have been an EXTREME OVERKILL. But not everyone has the correct info about this as I hope YOU do, but again you said the Nose Tackle 90 didn't play do to an injury and that just isn't correct as he has been 100% for 2 weeks and an injury was NOT the reason he didn't play. I hope Mobley does get a chance to be seen on the field sometime during the remainder of the playoffs. I actually am pretty confident we will see Mobley back because there ARE Lawyers involved in more than one aspect of Mobley's benefit and things will be sorted out soon I'm sure. Of course if he would have been playing at another school like AE he would have been playing last week. I mean no disrespect at all.

Not many times have I disagreed with you on things (maybe never) but I wonder about these fans that said they wanted him out for the remainder of the season (maybe I wonder if they were fans from that "uppity" clique or real fans)but I too was at the game for 3 quarters and when I told the true story to the ones I trust that wont go spreading it, they actually had a hard time believing the schools discipline vs the teams discipline, Everyone relayed that a 2 game suspension would have been an EXTREME OVERKILL. But not everyone has the correct info about this as I hope YOU do, but again you said the Nose Tackle 90 didn't play do to an injury and that just isn't correct as he has been 100% for 2 weeks and an injury was NOT the reason he didn't play. I hope Mobley does get a chance to be seen on the field sometime during the remainder of the playoffs. I actually am pretty confident we will see Mobley back because there ARE Lawyers involved in more than one aspect of Mobley's benefit and things will be sorted out soon I'm sure. Of course if he would have been playing at another school like AE he would have been playing last week. I mean no disrespect at all.

No disrespect taken, scoreatwill.

Is it possible that those fans probably thought that it was overkill because most of us don't know the real story? That's an obvious problem here. Because Mobley is under 18, the true details of this story shouldn't (and won't) get out. However, in the eyes of many fans (and non-Powell fans), he won't be vindicated unless the truth comes out. So we are all forced to wonder and jump to conclusions. You've read (and probably heard) the most common explanation we've all seen and heard - the same explanation I overheard numerous fans talking about in the stadium on Friday night. Obviously, a person is innocent until proven guilty, but isn't it understandable that people want a kid to pay for a mistake, given the details they've seen/heard? The only way average joe fan can feel sympathetic towards Mobley at this point is if they actually have a REASON to feel sympathetic, which would almost certainly require the truth to come out (I apologize for sounding like thecatcall). I'm not dogging Mobley, I've heard a lot of people say during the season that he's a good kid. But ultimately, I'd like to see his name cleared, if he's innocent.

Concerning #90, when you see a high school player dressed out but without pads, it's often injury related, so I "assumed" Foster was injured. Is he being disciplined, and if so, will he be playing against AC?

I understand what you said, and I'm glad we understand each other. It is sad that the public will never know the exact details of what went down because if they did they say he has been punished enough because it wasn't any deal like the News Sentinel said and like the people commenting on the KNS web site were implying.

I wont get into any detail on the NT, Just know he is healthy.

The Mavericks better not take anything for granted! Whither the suspended player plays or not. Whither he dresses out for show or play. If he plays they better be ready to go with the orange car-dish if not then blue card. Legally I would think he would have to be on a roster at some point this week. This would not seem legally fair to the Mavericks, if not. Of course that is why I am not a lawyer. LOL Bottom line is they really need to use the unorthodox offense that they have been planing since Powell's first game. They know this will work and if not they can revert !!

Powell shud be able to handle ac once again. Although I kno that its very hard to beat the same team 2 times. But if they come to play then they shud be alright. There gonna have to slow down ac passing attack and rattle the qb to win. As has had one of the better passin offenses in the league thw last couple of years and when on point can beat anyone. Go powell!

Powell shud be able to handle ac once again. Although I kno that its very hard to beat the same team 2 times. But if they come to play then they shud be alright. There gonna have to slow down ac passing attack and rattle the qb to win. As has had one of the better passin offenses in the league thw last couple of years and when on point can beat anyone. Go powell!

I agree Panther; Powell could roll but you are dealing with Gillum, Price and an impressive coaching staff if they do not have the answer for Powell on Friday night then I confidently will say no one will!

I agree Panther; Powell could roll but you are dealing with Gillum, Price and an impressive coaching staff if they do not have the answer for Powell on Friday night then I confidently will say no one will!

There is one thing that I expect to see from AC on Friday night, and if average joe fan expects it, I'm sure Matt Lowe expects it. I think Gillum will roll Williams out of the pocket on a regular basis, which we didn't see at all in the first meeting. I didn't really see anyone do this against Powell until the Karns game, but every team Powell has played since has used it to neutralize the D-line pressure. Hardin Valley and Clinton did it effectively, at times, but Powell was able to adjust to it defensively, especially in the second half. Last week's game against Mo East was the best Powell has defended the QB rollout, and with multiple defensive looks.