Sequatchie County at Goodpasture

NEEDFORSPEED

Goodpasture has two excellent receivers and a all state quarterback. But they did not throw the ball that much at all. They stayed basic with there formations, and basically ran the ball right at CPA. I think that is what GPCougarfan was trying to say. There has been several games this year when they opened it up, and when that happened, the offense looked great. Now I agree with Coach Martin to just get physical against CPA. Goodpasture had a big size advantage, and they took advantage of it. That was the smart play, and it worked! I have also read on this thread that Goodpasture is the second best team Sequatchie will play this year. Well, I dont know anything about Sequatchie so I am not going to make any judements about them, but I know that Goodpasture is consitantly one of the best teams in the state every year. And every year, they play 5A and 6A teams in the regular season to get ready for the playoffs. So, if it makes you feel better to say Goodpasture is the second best team you will play all year, then good for you. I will just wait and see what happens and wish everyone good health and have a safe trip to Cougarland!

Bratt22 didnt mean anything by what he said. He was just saying this is the best team we have played since Signal Mnt. We all know that Sequatchie is big underdogs this game, and not many people will give us a chance. We(sequatchie fans) want to keep this thread classy and not be like other threads where we are having bashing contest. Sequatchie will come out and give there best. I think we will suprise GP by how physical we are and how much speed we have. Best of luck to both teams.

I dont no much about Goodpasture's run defense but this will be the key to this game. Sequatchie will pound it all night with 3 different backs and all have enough breakaway speed to take it to the house every play. Bledsoe did a good job through 3 quarters last week slowing Seq. down but broke in the fourth and overtime for 4 touchdowns. Of the 5 TD's, 3 were of 35 yards or more.

Edited by Omniscience

From what I have read so far about Sequatchie, is that they fight till the end. Congrats to Goodpasture and Sequatchie for making it to 2nd round. Last Friday was a VERY conservative game and am looking forward to watching these teams play each other. I hope we throw the ball more this week! Like I said last week, my son is a Senior and "We" are not ready for it to be over. GO COUGARS!

It is very difficult to witness the end of your child's high school career. Very tough to watch the emotions of the seniors and their parents. CPA knows all too well but how that feels at Goodpasture. In the past 6 seasons our senior's HS careers ended with Goodpasture 5 times, 4 at your field. Hope that doesn't happen for ya.

It is very difficult to witness the end of your child's high school career. Very tough to watch the emotions of the seniors and their parents. CPA knows all too well but how that feels at Goodpasture. In the past 6 seasons our senior's HS careers ended with Goodpasture 5 times, 4 at your field. Hope that doesn't happen for ya.

I agree, and I hate to see that! I was on the field last Friday night as CPA was coming off the field and you could tell who the seniors were. I went over and said a few words to them, but you hate to see it. I love high school football and everything it represents, but I do hate to see the finality of it when the seniors realize it's over. All I can say is enjoy the ride, and live in the moment. Before you know it, it's over. Like I said before, good luck to Sequatchie County. We have heard nothing but good things about your program.

I dont no much about Goodpasture's run defense but this will be the key to this game. Sequatchie will pound it all night with 3 different backs and all have enough breakaway speed to take it to the house every play. Bledsoe did a good job through 3 quarters last week slowing Seq. down but broke in the fourth and overtime for 4 touchdowns. Of the 5 TD's, 3 were of 35 yards or more.

Goodpasture will run the ball and run the ball. Their defense will defend the run. Good Luck Sequatchie County Indians. Goodpasture will win this game 42-14.

Have a safe drive down to Madison and I hope no one gets injured in this game.

Goodpasture will run the ball and run the ball. Their defense will defend the run. Good Luck Sequatchie County Indians. Goodpasture will win this game 42-14.

Have a safe drive down to Madison and I hope no one gets injured in this game.

Let's dont give Goodpasture the state championship just yet. Their opponents combined record is 53-64. They struggled both times against an average CPA team. So, it is laughable to think they can beat Sequatchie 42-14. This one will be a good one to the end. Sequatchie wins 28-21