Hendersonville Commandos at Henry County Patriots

QBClubPrez

Well 1st off I would like to extend thanks to olddevil for him and his families hospitality. The food was great as well as the converstion. Also, w/ the exception of the visitor bleachers (were kinda scary), it was a great atmosphere for a football game. Both fanbases were into the game and the bands from both sides added to the experience.....

As far as the game goes it went pretty much how I expected. The HC line was the bigger of the 2, the difference was that the HH line was the quicker of the lines. Alot of people really dont care for the wing-t b/c it can be 1 dimensional sometimes but HH ran it very effectively. Their 2 guards were excellent at pulling on the sweep plays and #20 did a great job at cutting up and reading the blocks. The big thing however was hitting that mid-range pass route over the middle a few times to keep the defense honest. This is a play Springfield had success w/ when they played HC. On defense HC had success running/moving the ball b/c they were bigger and just used their size. The HH d line was quicker and I believe that helped them alot during the course of the game. I am sorry the HC program lost the game as I understand the sting from my team losing last week. It appears as if you guys have most of your squad coming back next year so the future is looking bright. Keep your heads up and work hard towards next season.....

Well Coach as a Springfield supporter I appreciate your effort, but I am afraid RW has made up his mind and he will never change his outlook on the Springfield football program as long as you same coaches are there. It is over something that happened in week 4 or 5 and he continues to bring it up time and time again but the SP coaches are the 1s whining about it.....

To me, it looked like Hendersonville had the size and physicality advantage on both sides of the line. Maybe my view was distorted from where I was sitting, but they just looked bigger to me.

To me, it looked like Hendersonville had the size and physicality advantage on both sides of the line. Maybe my view was distorted from where I was sitting, but they just looked bigger to me.

I agree w/ the bold but I was on the fence watching the game and the size of both lines is one of the 1st things I was looking at as they both entered the field. Believe me HC did have the size advantage, HH was the quicker and as you said, more physical of the 2.....

You are right on target. All of these fools (sorry olddevil) who think that playing a couple of great non district games in August and early September will help you in November know NOTHING about football or coaching. That foolish talk makes me sick! Everyone thinks they know it all when they know NOTHING!

really ? really really ?

I guess coach bowers (ensworth) coach crawford (brentwood) coach Shadowens (blackman) and ex INDY coach Scott Smith know nothing as you can check their past comments and thier fan base whom state " they want early toung non district games so its preps them for their region play, and for the long run aka playoffs....

I dont know red non warrior you may want to check how many gold balls those "fools whom know nothing" have won?

Well Coach as a Springfield supporter I appreciate your effort, but I am afraid RW has made up his mind and he will never change his outlook on the Springfield football program as long as you same coaches are there. It is over something that happened in week 4 or 5 and he continues to bring it up time and time again but the SP coaches are the 1s whining about it.....

Kevin38, come see us sometime. with 7 offensive and 7 defensive starters returning, next year looks to be fun.

Edited by TheCoachChris

really ? really really ?

I guess coach bowers (ensworth) coach crawford (brentwood) coach Shadowens (blackman) and ex INDY coach Scott Smith know nothing as you can check their past comments and thier fan base whom state " they want early toung non district games so its preps them for their region play, and for the long run aka playoffs....

I dont know red non warrior you may want to check how many gold balls those "fools whom know nothing" have won?

Key there being district play....every school you just mentioned plays in a MUCH MUCH MUCH tougher district than HC. That is what prepares them to play beyond week 10, not who they play in week 1 and 2. HC could play Inman and prepare themselves to play in this district.

snowplow2010 I agree the Rutherford and Wilcos for the most part beat each other up within their region - And when scheduling for up-coming years its hard to predict if a team will be good in say 2 or 3 years =

BUT look at Brentwood, they go out and play smyrna,oakland,blackman and gallatin ( ALL TEAMS that for the most part you know will bring it year in / year out )....

I know coach Smith ( ex Elzel harding, INDY and Science Hill coach ) always wanted tough non region games etc hence while at indy he always had brentwood Academy and MBA both

I think I have a novel idea to settle the whining issue once and for all. Let's put Red Warrior, TheCoachChris, and theydontcare in a cage match of Rock, Paper, Scissors. The rules are as follows: 1)falls count anywhere 2)There is no time limit and no disqualifications. 3)The one with most victories gives the belt to the loser as "The Biggest Whiner." The one stipulation is that this insane thread on Nan Nan Boo Boo, "you are the biggest whiner, No I am not you are the biggest whiner" WILL STOP. The winner will be all of us on CoachT.com will not have to listen to tireless diatribe any more. Guys, is this has got way old.

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Live your life in such a way, that those that do not know Christ, will come to know Christ because they know you"

snowplow2010 I agree the Rutherford and Wilcos for the most part beat each other up within their region - And when scheduling for up-coming years its hard to predict if a team will be good in say 2 or 3 years =

BUT look at Brentwood, they go out and play smyrna,oakland,blackman and gallatin ( ALL TEAMS that for the most part you know will bring it year in / year out )....

I know coach Smith ( ex Elzel harding, INDY and Science Hill coach ) always wanted tough non region games etc hence while at indy he always had brentwood Academy and MBA both

Surely you didn't just give Gallatin any credit. I thought we all played waterboy and lived in trailers up here in Gallatin.

Hey congrats to Hendersonville. I never never thought y'all would be able to go up there and win. I just don't see how the Commandos are winning this year. Besides the line this is the most basic plain Commando team I have seen in a long time. Getting up these last 4 weeks is saying something.

I have lived in Hendersonville and I now live in Paris, I know people in both communities, There was a complete lack of class by both sides of the fan base all week long, check your childrens facebook messages and you will see the low class from both sides, Henry county no more responsible for that as Hendersonville. You say we are not ready to play against the middle tennessee teams as we have shown that in recent years, I remember when Maplewood went to the state title, the best 4a team in the mid state that year, we lost in double overtime, the next year the state champions Hillsboro we played to a seven point game, no we did not win but we took the midstates best to the wire, we lost to a better team last night and coach Chris i assume you were there or at another game in which your team was not playing. One thing I can do is admit when a team was better than us, somehting you have a hard time acknowledging, we are returning a very solid football team next year and chris you would loe to be sittng where we are right now 10 starters on offense coming back, and 7 on defense. great season Henry County, I am proud of our players and have truely enjoyed watching the departing seniors play the last few years. Oh by the way, Hendersonville had some drunk foks in attendance as well as I witnessed that along with the fan of ours. I will admit that our visiting stands are sub par but if that is what you are thinking about with your trip to Paris then you missed a heck of a football game played by some wonderful young men.

If what I heard last night is correct THE FAN OF OURS has been banned by the school administrators from attending games for next season. ??? Don't know if that is only home games, all sports???

I agree that next year looks bright with so many players returning. Should be another enjoyable season to watch Patriot Football.